Help on starting a personal build team

Robo

Sup
Reaction score
Hi
So I just recently started thinking about starting my own personal build team, and I've been looking for helping hands. Starting a team would require a lot of thought and work and I realize that I would be taking on quite a lot by doing this. Which is why I don't want to dive into it alone.

I'm creating this thread as a way to ask for ideas and guidance and possibly any helping hands from those who are willing.

Overall idea for the team:
A personal build team I will lead that will do commissions for people/servers in the MC community in order to raise funds to sustain the team, team server, and in the future if we do well, ultimately raising funds toward a charity in need.

Things I need help with:
  • Creating rules and guidelines, and a general team structure
    • I could probably think of some basic ideas for this, but I still could do with some help.
  • Figuring out plan A and plan B and possibly C
  • Donations and sustainability
  • Portfolio pricing
  • Advertising
  • Dates and times
    • General team schedule.
  • General hub/center server to practice/plan builds on.
    • I was thinking I can just use Create, but that's only out of a general unavailability of options, and lack of money to use towards a server. Though it might make sense to launch the team from there, to practice team concepts before trying for a personal hub server.
Things I've done so far:
  • Created application form draft (Google forms)

Thanks! c:

Mastersten

In Omnia Paratus
Reaction score
Portfolio pricing
Dont know much about building (je suis terrible) but I would recommend googling what others priced their buildings that matches the same kind of quality you can provide.

Then look the at the prices and try to start slightly lower than them (for example, if they ask 20 bucks to build a Maya town you start with the first projects asking 10 bucks, if this happens to be popular you can increase this due to "administrative costs, upkeeping website, paying out to charity etc").

Keep in mind several factors for determining the price:
- quality and details
- size
- amount of people needed
- time

Advertising
Make a website and post pictures/videos of your creations. Then spam it everywhere possible; facebook, instagram, minecraft forums, PMC, here.

• Thank You
Reactions: Lux and Robo

Psycho

Insufficient Data
Donor
Reaction score
I don't know if you have a team setup yet, but I think it would be better to have that team build a few projects and promote it on PMC or Reddit and see if there are people interested in the team's building style. This may be irrelevant, but I remember when I promoted my builds on PMC that there were people that messaged me asking if I'd like to join their build team and such, so you'll likely get a few hits from people if they're interested in your team's builds.

This may not be your plan of action, but a nice place to start would be with creating builds for this Community by possibly making a lobby or maps for the servers which you would use within your project portfolio. Of course this can be seen as another iteration of the Build Teams that were started here before, but it's good base to start and create a name for the team before you guys start considering charging people. Plus, I'm certain that people would want to see your work before they bother putting money into requesting something.

Robo

Sup
Reaction score
If anyone is interested in helping out with the build team, please shoot me a DM. Feel free to share any specialties or experience you might have in building or build teams.

Thanks! :>