Haysagar's Staff Application

Status
Not open for further replies.

Haysagar

AoD Con
Reaction score
In-game username: Haysagar

Time-zone: US Central time

How much time will you be able to spend staffing the server each day?
I pledge to spend at least an hour a day on the server enriching the experiences of fellow players and trying my best to create a stable play environment

What do you think the responsibilities of an operator are on this server?
The responsibilities of an operator are quite simple, to protect and strengthen our community here on RoF. As an operator my main job is to make sure players get along and feel at home here on the server. In addition to this I also sort out any problems that may arise on the server. This may come in the form of a troll or a dispute between two of our players. You have my word that as an operator I will resolve these problems quickly and efficiently. Another not as well known job that I have found out with my prior staffing experience is that in addition to the jobs listed above I must also have a good time my self. Being part of this community is just as important as governing it. I have seen to many staff members loose touch with the player base, specifically in my SMP carrier and I feel like these staff members lost the point of staffing and this honor became a job to them. This is what I like about RoF staff, everyone here loves their “job” and they have fun doing what they love, and I would be honored to partake in this family and help make the server a better place for all.

What sets you apart from other applicants?
I feel like my long community ties and staffing experience speaks for its self. I started playing on Blocktopia Servers around the 2'nd SMP sever, and quickly but surly I caught the eyes of staff there and became an operator on that server. After staffing through multiple server iterations I stumbled upon the new AoD server and under Iguana's (An Ex Server director for two servers) tutelage I rose trough the ranks and became the server's controller. In this position I governed all lesser staff and learns the intricacies behind what makes a good server tic. It was soon that real life issues took over and I had to take a leave of absence from the community and I resigned. Lucky this dark time in my life passed and I was once again able to help out on Blocktopia's servers. I quickly (This time under Baker's direction) able to become a controller on AoD again. This time with incurred responsibilities with map control. I understand what makes a good map and I will be vocal and involved with map selections and voting. I hope my past experience with staffing servers sets me apart from others who are doing the same.

What do you believe your greatest weaknesses are as a player and/or staff member?
I understand that in the past I have been somewhat “To friendly” To those I consider my friends. But this is only on the Teamspeek and will not, and has never interfered with my ability to staff and help out players on a server. I separate these two aspects of my social life in the community and I understand how I should act in public when staffing the server and on Teamspeek to those who I am not on a first name basis with.

How would you approach a problem that you are unfamiliar with?
With my years of experience on the servers I have seen quite a bit of weird and offensive material over my time as staff from inappropriate skins to some players who were using religion to masquerade offensive gestures. I am confidant when I say I know how to act under most situations. However if the situation did appear where I did not know what to do I would first pull from my experience as a staff member to quickly solve the situation, but if it was something more serious I would contact the server director or those above me.

What previous experience staffing on Blocktopia servers do you have?
Please refer to the section on what sets me apart. There I go over my past experiences as staff on other servers.

References: Mikey, Iguana

Ogarci

Controller
Controller
Survival Staff
Reaction score
  • Sad
Reactions: Vino and Haysagar
Status
Not open for further replies.