Halo's Operator application

Status
Not open for further replies.

superhalo6

Reaction score
In-game username: superhalo6

Time-zone: GMT+0

How much time will you be able to spend staffing the server each day?

I would be able to spend 3 hours minimum daily or 6 hours maximum.

What do you think the responsibilities of an operator are on this server?
I believe the responsibilities of an Operator is to assist the player, but this can mean many things: solving conflicts, answering questions, helping with understanding game mechanics or explaining these mechanics to them.
Though an Operator has other responsibilities besides from being ingame to assist, they also should attend to the forums, whether it is things related to RoF, or anything Blocktopia-Staff related. they also can help with other things not related to Blocktopia, such as questions on subjects they have knowledge in, or community projects.

What sets you apart from other applicants?
This may not exactly set me apart, but I'm very active. I have a strong desire to contribute to the server in a way that involves more than just being friendly and inviting others into my house. My enthusiasm would be of best use in a staff position.

What do you believe your greatest weaknesses are as a player and/or staff member?
I can accidentally or unintentionally be rude to people without realizing it. When I say something in jest or as a joke, I may have trouble explaining what I mean, causing me to be misunderstood.
I also have a slight problem when it comes to procrastination sometimes, as I might prefer more fun alternatives. If I feel something is a chore, or I dislike doing it. (like reading a book I don't really enjoy).
I feel my main problem is being too self conscious about my actions, or unwilling to accept praise. I am afraid of coming off as arrogant or boastful, meaning I could worry I have done something wrong when it was really just a small incident. Perhaps something that even others didn't think anything of.

How would you approach a problem that you are unfamiliar with?
I would try and find out what caused this problem, and if there are any applicable fixes I could do within my means. If not, then I'd go to somebody with more experience.

What previous experience staffing on Blocktopia servers do you have?
N/A
References: std1997, Ragetastic96 and [BCOLOR=#ffffff]Elandrir[/BCOLOR]

Ragetastic96

Masterful
Donor
Reaction score
I'm glad to see you finally got the courage to apply. It's been some time since your last application.

I've been coaching you for some time now, and one thing I've noticed is how much you really want this. Considering how much time you spend on the server despite our declining player base, it shows me that you really do want to help make this a safe and fun place. I have to commend you for that. If I was still a player there's no way I would have considered applying at this point. Especially with the many unknowns of the overhaul.

At this point in RoF's lifespan, the amount of regular players is almost equivalent to the amount of staff we have. That could be both your advantage and disadvantage. The job is not as hard as it may have been a year ago, and you also have a very good staff team to back you up, but there's also not a large demand for new staff, either. The other staff are likely to be picky. However, the way I look at it, you're an active and responsible player. Despite your weaknesses, I see no major reason not to give you a trial. Op trials are there for a reason. I want to see how you'll do. I will personally take responsibility for your training.

Good luck. Huge [BCOLOR=#ffffff]+1[/BCOLOR]

Reactions: JayJay

std1997

Stitch
Donor
Reaction score
Hello super,

As it has been a seriously long time in helping you get to this point, I gotta say I'm just glad you've finally sent in an application. Either way, I referenced you for a couple different reasons. You've shown dedication in attempting to get this rank by taking your time in sending in an application and asking both Rage and I for advice in a lot of different things in preparation for your application which shows you're humble enough to ask for advice and take criticism and also willing to do whatever you feel is necessary to be 100% prepared for this. You've also shown dedication in sending in once again ANOTHER application after your previous one was denied. It takes a lot of guts to go through the critique that you're subjugated to with these applications.

On negative side of things, you do unfortunately have a tendency to sometimes get, I think, a bit snippy, rude or arrogant. I've seen you get kind of sassy with staff/players at times about certain things when they start to irritate you or ask you a bunch of questions but on the other hand, not everyone is on their A game when they get on the server and sometimes they say things that offend people. I'm not saying you can just do that and get away with it but I feel that having a bad day isn't enough reason to suddenly deny you a chance of proving yourself with a trial.

Also ss Rage said before me, we have trials for a reason and I personally think you have done enough for the server to at least warrant a chance to prove that you can operate with our current staff team.

Take a +1 from me and best of luck with your application.

Elandrir

The dutch moose
Reaction score
Hello Halo,
Last couple of weeks you have improved very much. I have seen you helping new and some of the older players on our server. You are quick with answers on questions and you seem always happy to do stuff for people. I think you at least deserve a trial and I wish you good luck. Hence why I reffered you in the first place.
STD and Rage already summed it up.
Good luck on your application!

Elan~

Reactions: JayJay

Tamzies

Reaction score
Hey Super!
Your application looks good and has certainly improved from your previous one. You know your weaknesses and are helpful overall. My biggest worry with you is your ability to leap without thinking. Sometimes it is an advantage, but most times it can be help against you. Posting things and saying things without really thinking them through.
This can get you in all sorts of trouble so I advice you strongly to rethink the statuses and things you want to post/say. As an Operator you are a role model and people stare and look at you in that way. You already made lots of progress and I must say that my vote on you has changed significantly. You are very helpful and a nice guy overall, I hope you keep that up!
+1 from Tamzies for a trial, do not throw it away.

Tamzies Out!

midnightgirl24

You're gonna have a bad time.
Reaction score
Hi Super!

Well to start off, I really like how well you've written up your app and has been as detailed as you could be. You're a great player, very active, very friendly most of the time, and always trying to improve yourself. I can understand some of your weakness can be a bit of an issue, but I believe you can still improve on them! We all sometimes have a bad day and it can tend to project in the server. That can just happen. You are a great player and you've definitely come far from when you first asked me for advice and things to improve on. I agree what my fellow staff members have also said about you.

I think you at least deserve a trial, so take a pretty +1 from me! c:

(Sorry if it's really short or if there's errors in it. I'm on my lunch break and I'm typing this on my phone :p)

cooliorules

That Awkward Noodle
Donor
Reaction score
Noted, will reply when I get home.

EDIT:
Your application makes it seem as if you really want to help out and that you're up to the job, but in-game you don't really jump out to me. I know that my colleagues have said all good things, but this is always a thing that I have to reply to personally.
0, will change is needed though.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.