Guilds and Communities on Popular Games

Jolterino

'_>'
Mafia Host
Reaction score
Before I start talking about what I want to I'd like this to be a semi-serious on topic discussion about this topic. I would really like this not to evolve into admin hate or something.

Moving on, as we all know Escaperestart or Blocktopia is in one of its darkest phases ever and constantly declining. We've tried opening new servers for fresh games, adding more Minecraft servers but nothing seemed to work. I can understand why we cannot continue opening new servers for different games. The main reason is probably hosting server costs. Our lovely Admins have lowered the donation cap considerably and our lovely donors have continued to meet that amount. But I think it's time to try something different. We need to start making guilds, clans, communities whatever the hell you want to call them on already popular games. There are many benefits to this mainly the fact that this costs us nothing upkeep wise. If the Teamspeak (or even Discord) was advertised in these guilds then a new member might go on. "Oh look! This community is involved in tons of games I play." Then an active member would be gained. The structure to this is pretty simple, one person is appointed as the Manager for that game and he hosts the community on that specific game. Rooms are added to the Teamspeak for those players to communicate and events done in that particular game could be arranged by them.

I myself am offering to make an official EscapeRestart World of Warcraft guild. I've recently been sucked in again and I know there are some people here that play it but they're all so spread around that nobody ever plays together. For all you WoW players, how does Stormrage-US Alliance sound for a guild? One of the most active servers in the US cluster. Alternatively we could go for a less populated server and try to become one of the "top" guilds.

Enough of WoW for now. I want the communities opinions on this. I also want suggestions on what games this could work on and so on and so forth. I have no clue what's going on in the staff forum if anything at all but I felt like I wanted to help out for once.

Last edited:

Catcocomics

Reaction score
I'd suggest trying to make a network of friends or something on Splatoon (because you know, squad battles & stuff), and it might work in some way to what we're after, but it might be harder to organize due to a lack of an actual guild system, and my squid side is sort of on vacation for a while...
Pity that Freedom Planet is only single player.

I might add that Dungeons & Dragons Online and Lord of The Rings Online might be good (not sure if LoTRO is still up, but it might be), but those are really the only two MMOs I actually played on for more than two weeks (tried WoW, got to lvl 9, then got bored of it).
I'm not too sure about LoTRO, but I can definitely say that DDO has an older and more mature player base.

Eeveon

Reaction score
Jut recently (about three weeks ago or so) started playing WoW with two irl friends and my brother. It's been really fun and there's a good chance we'll be playing it for a while.

That said, I obviously wouldn't be opposed to a guild being set up on there. Not sure exactly how many people play it on here. (Gonna take the safe guess and say not many. :c) I guess one issue would be that it's pay to play. Though, I suppose that wouldn't be a huge issue if there happens to be a decent group on here that plays already.

Aaanyways, if we do decide to dabble in it, I personally like the idea of having it on a small server. I like the Horde a little better than the Alliance, personally. But, it really doesn't matter that much lol.

Jolterino

'_>'
Mafia Host
Reaction score
Jut recently (about three weeks ago or so) started playing WoW with two irl friends and my brother. It's been really fun and there's a good chance we'll be playing it for a while.

That said, I obviously wouldn't be opposed to a guild being set up on there. Not sure exactly how many people play it on here. (Gonna take the safe guess and say not many. :c) I guess one issue would be that it's pay to play. Though, I suppose that wouldn't be a huge issue if there happens to be a decent group on here that plays already.

Aaanyways, if we do decide to dabble in it, I personally like the idea of having it on a small server. I like the Horde a little better than the Alliance, personally. But, it really doesn't matter that much lol.
The main idea behind Stormrage is that both me and Brickwolf have high level alliance characters on that server. My main is on Ysera though, which is pretty small.

Reactions: nitasu987

digi

-
Donor
Contributor
Reaction score
Excuse my ignorance. A few questions.
Would you be opening up a guild here on the forums, or would you be opening up a guild somewhere on WoW?
Would you be advertising on WoW forums to join our community?
How would you or admins monitor this?

I really like this suggestion btw.

Jolterino

'_>'
Mafia Host
Reaction score
Excuse my ignorance. A few questions.
Would you be opening up a guild here on the forums, or would you be opening up a guild somewhere on WoW?
Would you be advertising on WoW forums to join our community?
How would you or admins monitor this?

I really like this suggestion btw.
It's completely run on WoW. You get a guild chat that you can use to talk to guild members and a neat guild UI where you can schedule events and view people online etc.

http://wowwiki.wikia.com/wiki/Guild for more information.

Fragile

Not Former Staff
Reaction score
Website
www.clubpenguin.com
how long ago was that when rof had a playerbase of 20+ over a year ago?
Less than a year ago, actually. Kami's realm came out around early/mid summer.

Anyhow, for the general topic itself: I really like the idea. Even if we can't host official servers on some games, having an official clan/guild would be awesome. If I have time, too, I'll look into what games we can do this with.

• Agree
Reactions: Velzerat

nitasu987

Reaction score
If we do a WoW guild that'd be siiick but My guys are all on Ysera/Durotan lol and I wouldn't want to pay for loads of character transfers ;-;

Jolteon42 Since you've got guys on Ysera that's good :) I play mostly Horde btw

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/Ysera/Kouji/advanced

This is my main, and I have 2 100 Alliances but neither are well-geared and I'm currently levelling a Goblin Enh Shammy

Jolterino

'_>'
Mafia Host
Reaction score
If we do a WoW guild that'd be siiick but My guys are all on Ysera/Durotan lol and I wouldn't want to pay for loads of character transfers ;-;

Jolteon42 Since you've got guys on Ysera that's good :) I play mostly Horde btw

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/Ysera/Kouji/advanced

This is my main, and I have 2 100 Alliances but neither are well-geared and I'm currently levelling a Goblin Enh Shammy
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/Ysera/thejolteon/advanced

Aqua

Does anybody remember laughter?
Mafia Host
Reaction score
Website
tehurn.com
Before I start talking about what I want to I'd like this to be a semi-serious on topic discussion about this topic. I would really like this not to evolve into admin hate or something.

Moving on, as we all know Escaperestart or Blocktopia is in one of its darkest phases ever and constantly declining. We've tried opening new servers for fresh games, adding more Minecraft servers but nothing seemed to work. I can understand why we cannot continue opening new servers for different games. The main reason is probably hosting server costs. Our lovely Admins have lowered the donation cap considerably and our lovely donors have continued to meet that amount. But I think it's time to try something different. We need to start making guilds, clans, communities whatever the hell you want to call them on already popular games. There are many benefits to this mainly the fact that this costs us nothing upkeep wise. If the Teamspeak (or even Discord) was advertised in these guilds then a new member might go on. "Oh look! This community is involved in tons of games I play." Then an active member would be gained. The structure to this is pretty simple, one person is appointed as the Manager for that game and he hosts the community on that specific game. Rooms are added to the Teamspeak for those players to communicate and events done in that particular game could be arranged by them.

I myself am offering to make an official EscapeRestart World of Warcraft guild. I've recently been sucked in again and I know there are some people here that play it but they're all so spread around that nobody ever plays together. For all you WoW players, how does Stormrage-US Alliance sound for a guild? One of the most active servers in the US cluster. Alternatively we could go for a less populated server and try to become one of the "top" guilds.

Enough of WoW for now. I want the communities opinions on this. I also want suggestions on what games this could work on and so on and so forth. I have no clue what's going on in the staff forum if anything at all but I felt like I wanted to help out for once.
Does it have to be NA? D;

Jolterino

'_>'
Mafia Host
Reaction score
nitasu987 Crazy that we ended up in the same guild somehow.

Former warchief gets killed in questline. :^) G U C K F A R R O S H
We could start a heirloom dungeon train, if we had 5 people in full heirlooms spamming dungeons leveling up would be super easy, then we could start gearing up at 100 together. But we'd need to settle on a server first, maybe I'll make a poll.

Also you don't have to be so tense about going "off-topic" when we were just messing around. Who are you to tell us to behave anyway?

Edit: Ah fuck thought you were only AoD mod. My point still stands though.

Last edited:
  • Winner
Reactions: Fragile

digi

-
Donor
Contributor
Reaction score
Are you basically asking to be appointed WoW Manager and you'll be holding events. We open up a WoW thread and people discuss WoW things? Because that sounds simple enough.

Last edited:

Jolterino

'_>'
Mafia Host
Reaction score
Pretty much. But for many other games. Path of Exile is another good game to try this on as we do have a guild with dozens of blocktopians in it. Warframe might be an okay one not many people play it though. I'll add a potential list of games to the first page. This project isn't just for me, it would be a pretty big thing that we can't fuck up. I think it's the only reasonable thing to do to get the community back on its feet. The thread a few months back asking if we were really a gaming community a while back was probably true but it got closed due to senseless arguing before anyone could discuss anything.

Another thing we could do is dabbling a bit into eSports. Personally I play on a South African league team in the Do Gaming League. I'm not exactly informed in this topic but if you had EscapeRestart Gaming or whatever the fuck you'd want to call it construct a few times and put it in some amateur leagues it could make for good advertising. All in all there's a lot of things to be done and advertising isn't gonna help much if there's nothing to keep the players here.

Reactions: digi and Fragile

CloudBryan9

Your Local Time Traveler
Reaction score
Hmm, I'm actually liking the ideas of official ER Guilds/Clans for those large popular games. (Yes this is coming from the guy who opposed having stuff outside of MC)

The one advantage of these mmo's is that new players are constantly joining, and 9 times out of 10 guilds/clans offer stuff that playing solo doesn't offer.

However, there are a few problems it we do this:
1) we could receive a large amount of trolls (honestly it's a small risk)
2) There wouldn't really be a way to control where "Official" clans will start up. (Trust me, there will be a lot of well meant, but unapproved clans.)
3) There will a lot more cliques forming in this already divided community.

Just keep those 3 points in mind as you're making a decision.