Not open for further replies.

gonkus

Admin
Admin
Survival Staff
Reaction score
In-game username: - gonkus
Staff references (Op+): -
Other Blocktopia staff experience (present and past): - Previously Classic Lava Operator and SMP Operator
How would you describe the responsibility and obligation of the rank you apply for: - An Operator walks the line between responsibility and being down-to-earth. The thing that separates an Operator from the the player base is that an operator is responsible for the housekeeping on a server - ensuring adherence to rules and solving any issues related to enforcement of the rules. For the enforcement of rules, there will be a balancing act that an operator has to undertake, between being firm (or strict if the situation requires it) and being fair. In solving issues, an Operator needs to be a mediator and can't allow their judgement to be clouded by bias. Another quite important but often overlooked part of an Operator's job is ensure an ideal environment for people of all ages to come and play Minecraft and to feel safe, welcome and happy.
Assume that there are more applicants and can only pick one of them, why you?: - I have had previous experience in Staffing roles and I have spent a great deal of time in the community, and I have got to know the community really well and they have also got to know me.
If there is a problem you aren’t sure of how to deal with, what will you do: - Check the rules compendium, failing that refer to a higher Ranking member of staff.
If a staff member of equal or higher rank is acting up, what will you do: - Again, Refer to a higher ranking member of staff, but in this instance I would probably refer the person acting up straight to either an HA or an HC
What is your most noticeable weakness, and how will you work to fix it: - My temper. I already can control it when it comes to a position such as the one that I am applying to due to the fact that as its on a computer, I do feel a disconnectedness which allows me to remain calm.
Tell us about yourself in less than 200 words: - Gonkus, Community veteran. Scottish. Long time member of the community and player of Minecraft. Thinker of thoughts and dreamer of dreams.
If you have any extra information you’d like to share, please do so here: - Another reason that i'm applying is that the server has become quieter of late, and staff can be on intermittently, so if there is an issue, I am on quite often and I can help out if I am

EggNog

c:
Reaction score
Hello gonkus, thanks for applying!

I've known you ever since the old SMP days and I really started to get to know you on JtE. On DoD I've had the pleasure of having some friendly conversations with you and I know that you could handle this position.

However I feel that there are problems. I honestly don't see you helping a lot of course there really are limited times when you can actually help but I still just haven't really seen you do much of this despite seeing you on quite frequently. This does concern me.

But, then again you're decently active and you do have experience. You're well known and well liked in this community and given the opportunity you would do well, that is why I've decided to give you a tentative +1.

Good luck!

Wink

¡Juego de las Pulgas!
Reaction score
Hello @gonkus!

First, I am very, very, very mad with you young man, as you did not ask me for a reference ;c.

Anyhow, you definitely do have the solid ontime required for the position, and the heart and morality to perform it justily. You certainly are mature (probably more than me x( ) and you certainly know the "ins and outs" of our community being here for so long! You are certainly someone I can see using a staff rank to the full potential.

With that sad, my vote is a +1

Lee_scar

Geezuslike
Donor
Reaction score
Right now this is a placeholder, at this time I have not really played with you directly in vast amounts.
I have seen you as a positive member and enjoyable person so I do not disagree with you obtaining a staff position.

Though it must be due to time zones me being in the usa and playing at midnight hours.

I'll come back and revise based on if others sway my opinion

JtTorso

Reaction score
The server is in a very slow state, I think you might've picked a bad time to apply or maybe one of the best times.

First of all, I have not had the same experiences with you as many other of our staff members have in the past, but after seeing you on the server you don't lack activity, even in slower days. One of the many disadvantages of the server hitting the slow rut it is in is the lack of players, I haven't really had the opportunity to see you helping because there hasn't really been anyone in need of help, staff have been pretty much jumping at every opportunity to do work.

And here's where I am conflicted. On one hand you have shown me you're capable of dedication and that you have had experience with a server like this in the past. On the other hand I'm not familiar with how experienced you are and you haven't exactly had the opportunity to show me what you're capable of. Suffice to say I'll have go with a neutral vote of a 0 for the time being.

Undefined User 7

Psychosomatic
Reaction score
I worked intimately with Gonkus in JtE via Sancti, in the empire he was in charge of a few settlements as well as overall defence of the Empire. He did a fine job at planning and coordinating defence against enemies, and was instrumental in many of our projects. Though this was on a previous server, I saw a very positive image in Gonkus, and I know he is a leader among the players, even in DoD. I also would like to draw attention to the fact that Gonkus has higher ontime than many of our current staff, myself as well as Old Man Oak included. With the decline of DoD staff activity there are still players who need help from active staff. I believe Gonkus to be a suitable answer to that need. I would like to vote +1 on this application, best of luck my friend.

Oak Milk

Kill Hungry Thirsty Dead
Mafia Host
Reaction score
Hello there @gonkus
After reviewing your app, we have decided to accept it and place you as a trial op. Although not all staff have replied, Sparkly and myself feel confident that you would be able to handle a trial - and if all goes well from there operator. We look forward to having you on the team, congrats!

Status
Not open for further replies.