Accepted GoldenValley's Forum Moderator Application

GoldenValley

Donor
Reaction score
Subforum(s) you wish to moderate: League of Legends Sub-Forum
Time-zone/Country of origin: GMT -6

Question - You see user and long-time administrator, Malcovent abusing his Admin powers by berating a user and insulting him publicly, how do you proceed?:
Since Malcovent is oftentimes available on Teamspeak, I will attempt to contact him through either there or a forums private message, issuing my concerns about his behavior. While I am one for being open and transparent when it comes to administration/moderation, there's a line, and poor administrative behavior should be best handled from the inside, stopped early. The last thing anyone needs is a public dramafest with the admins.

Question - An argument breaks out in a thread, both sides have some valid points but ultimately it is derailing the thread and starting a flamewar, how do you proceed?:
The first thing that I would do is post a response in the thread attempting to re-direct it back onto the original topic. I'll keep a close eye on the thread to ensure that the thread is on topic in the first place, and if I bring it back on topic, to make sure it stays on topic. If the thread ultimately is not salvageable, whether because the thread derails again, or can't get back on topic, I will close the thread. I won't give forum warnings if the thread stays within the parameters of the question, but I will if the flamewar becomes a battle to see who can insult who more.

Question - A user publicly contests with your decision as a moderator, with a public post disagreeing about your decision regarding a moderator action, how do you proceed?
If they're willing to make a public post contesting my decision, then they are either passionate about the subject or are trying to spite me; however, regardless of the reason, I will make my best effort to explain my logic and reasoning behind my decision to him in a way that is as transparent as possible, depending on the subject. In addition, since it is my decision, I will be inclined to believe I made the right choice, and if this scenario occurs, I will ask another moderator's opinion about my decision; that way, I can be assured that the best possible outcome occurs.

Mock question - GmK is drunk and threatening to delete the forums, tell him your favorite joke so as to distract him:

Once there was a man in Peru
Who dreamed he was eating his shoe
He woke up in a fright
In the middle of the night
To find that his dream had come true.