Give Us Vaults

SirComputer

Rainmaker
Donor
Reaction score
I know that we have Plots, but being a player now, the price and rank to buy a Plot seems out of reach.

https://www.spigotmc.org/resources/playervaults.9228/

If you guys use that then you can make a "Vault Room" in the lobby where players can access their vaults through signs.
We give you extra storage through enderchests, which you can access quite conveniently in the Crafter Workshop. You've already pretty much got 2 inventories, and from KotL rewards you can earn enderchests you can place on the go to access it during the game. We don't want to give people too much storage on top of tat, because otherwise when you die it means nothing - you have like 5 sets of backup armour and weapons in your vault and ender. Extra storage should only really be necessary for the higher ranks, who will most likely be the ones who will be dedicated enough to go for a plot.

Psycho

Insufficient Data
Donor
Reaction score
We give you extra storage through enderchests, which you can access quite conveniently in the Crafter Workshop. You've already pretty much got 2 inventories, and from KotL rewards you can earn enderchests you can place on the go to access it during the game. We don't want to give people too much storage on top of tat, because otherwise when you die it means nothing - you have like 5 sets of backup armour and weapons in your vault and ender. Extra storage should only really be necessary for the higher ranks, who will most likely be the ones who will be dedicated enough to go for a plot.
Yeah, enderchests may seem like enough, but overtime a player will keep certain items and blocks just for safe keeping or for when a different mood requires a certain block to build a safe house -- Not all of the maps in the rotation will have sufficient blocks to protect a player when the mood is angry. Plus, that player may not have enough money to buy extra blocks from a shop to survive that round.

These vaults don't need to have a lot of rows to them and I'm guessing that you're thinking that there would 5 vaults with 6 rows each -- it could be customized to 3 rows each and only 1 or 2 extra vaults for players to store items in.

How I see it is that there are Casual players and Hardcore players on RoF right now. The Hardcore players will obviously go for Plots, but the Casual players will get on from time to time and fill both their Enderchests and Player Inventory over time whereas the player's inventory could get lost depending on whether the player dies or not -- which brings up the point that this is a Survival server, but lets face it, most players hate dying and having to restart over especially if they don't have the backup items that they saved to make it feel like they didn't lose their items after death.

Apart from all of that, having a Vault Room in RoF would be pretty neat to have.

Reactions: kuilin

Friendy

SMP Overlord & Events Manager
Admin
Donor
Survival Staff
Reaction score
Yeah, enderchests may seem like enough, but overtime a player will keep certain items and blocks just for safe keeping or for when a different mood requires a certain block to build a safe house -- Not all of the maps in the rotation will have sufficient blocks to protect a player when the mood is angry. Plus, that player may not have enough money to buy extra blocks from a shop to survive that round.

These vaults don't need to have a lot of rows to them and I'm guessing that you're thinking that there would 5 vaults with 6 rows each -- it could be customized to 3 rows each and only 1 or 2 extra vaults for players to store items in.

How I see it is that there are Casual players and Hardcore players on RoF right now. The Hardcore players will obviously go for Plots, but the Casual players will get on from time to time and fill both their Enderchests and Player Inventory over time whereas the player's inventory could get lost depending on whether the player dies or not -- which brings up the point that this is a Survival server, but lets face it, most players hate dying and having to restart over especially if they don't have the backup items that they saved to make it feel like they didn't lose their items after death.

Apart from all of that, having a Vault Room in RoF would be pretty neat to have.
Won't this devalue plots though? Players can easily make money to get the funds needed to buy blocks for angry rounds, I mean it isn't hard to spend 1 round mining half an inv of stone, you're bound to get coal and there's your stonebrick.

It seems a bit pointless to bring in vaults as it only further removes the "SURVIVAL" from Lava Survival that it is, it isn't supposed to be "easy" to an extent.

I've died too many times to count and lost countless resources and stuff that took hours to get back, I don't feel the need to have a vault, if I don't want to lose something then I use my enderchest, or just make sure I don't die.

• Agree
Reactions: Velzerat

Psycho

Insufficient Data
Donor
Reaction score
Won't this devalue plots though? Players can easily make money to get the funds needed to buy blocks for angry rounds, I mean it isn't hard to spend 1 round mining half an inv of stone, you're bound to get coal and there's your stonebrick.

It seems a bit pointless to bring in vaults as it only further removes the "SURVIVAL" from Lava Survival that it is, it isn't supposed to be "easy" to an extent.
No, it won't devalue plots considering that the player would be able to put a vast amount of Chests within their plots compared to the Vaults where it can be controlled-- Staff can give players TWO vaults with THREE rows in them, so that would become a double-chest for the player once they have bought both vaults.

Yeah, you can argue that it's pointless to have vaults because it's "Survival" but then again players get Plots? Vaults and Plots are similar in a way, where you see players store their items, but are able to build in Plots.

I've died too many times to count and lost countless resources and stuff that took hours to get back, I don't feel the need to have a vault, if I don't want to lose something then I use my enderchest, or just make sure I don't die.
That's your opinion. You're not obligated to buy a Vault, but I'm sure that if other players were given the cheaper option (vaults) then they would go for it.

Friendy

SMP Overlord & Events Manager
Admin
Donor
Survival Staff
Reaction score
No, it won't devalue plots considering that the player would be able to put a vast amount of Chests within their plots compared to the Vaults where it can be controlled-- Staff can give players TWO vaults with THREE rows in them, so that would become a double-chest for the player once they have bought both vaults.

Yeah, you can argue that it's pointless to have vaults because it's "Survival" but then again players get Plots? Vaults and Plots are similar in a way, where you see players store their items, but are able to build in Plots.

That's your opinion. You're not obligated to buy a Vault, but I'm sure that if other players were given the cheaper option (vaults) then they would go for it.
I meant more that if I am able to build back up then so can other players, it really isn't that difficult and I, yes it is my opinion, personally do not see the point in making it easier for players.

Velzerat

Drink up baby, stay up all night
Donor
Reaction score
I've been thinking about this for a bit.

Player storage has always been a huge issue for RoF. In fact, extra storage space has probably been one of the most-requested features since the server was launched (maybe after Deathrun and Cold Water). I suggested it two times myself-- with my last suggestion being almost an almost desperate cry for more inventory space.

You yourself helped fixing this problem when you added plots to RoF-- essentially unlimited storage, available at a price of 3000 Cookies for any Expert+. This completely solved the issue of lack of storage for high-ranked players. I do agree with you that player storage has always been a major issue-- Not just on RoF, but in Minecraft in general. Players have way too little storage space and Mojang honestly should've added a vanilla way of increasing it ages ago.

I believe that it would be a good idea to give players a slight increase of enderchest storage space as they go through the ranks (which is possible with this plugin). They would get one extra row with Apprentice, one more with Journeyman, and one more with Expert (for free). If they'd still need storage after this, they would have to unlock plots.

This way, we solve the storage issue for lower-ranked players without removing the incentive to buy plots. I don't think players should get an insane amount of storage or vaults, but they should get a slight increase in storage.

What do you think about that?

EDIT: Seems like this isn't really compatible with the current way gamemode inventories/enderchests work + most other players/staff members don't actually seem to be in favor of this. I'd still like to implement something like this, but unsure of how to do that.

Last edited:

kuilin

Masterful
Donor
Reaction score
What about an amount of deposit-only storage, until plots? So people can deposit items into their storage but they can't take it out until they get a plot. That'll give people more of a personal incentive to work towards in ranking up and getting a plot, while letting them "keep" very valuable things that they otherwise would have just dumped in their ender chest and kept it there forever. I feel that the current intent of ender chests is to keep items that players want preserved across deaths - maybe have a set of tools and armor and wood in there so that people wouldn't have to punch wood, but the current actual usage of ender chests is to store valuables and stockpile ores, unique items like maps, map-only items, and enchanted items, etc, and the more hardcore casual players are dissuaded from "wasting" ender chest space on things like tools and armor and wood.

Reactions: Friendy

Velzerat

Drink up baby, stay up all night
Donor
Reaction score
Okay, Mojang just fixed this-- they added backpacks in 1.11.

Craftable "chests", that, when broken, keep their inventory.

Shulker Box [Image] [Recipe] [Inventory]
  • Crafted with one chest and two shulker shells
  • Placed and opened like a chest inventory
  • Can be held in your inventory like a backpack
  • Breaks when pushed by a piston
  • Can be placed down by a dispenser
  • Cannot store Shulker Boxes inside it

IQD

why we can't have nice things
Contributor
Reaction score
I'd say standard death procedure since the ender chest is readily available from crafter rank onward and shulker boxes would be best off kept in there.