Other [Gamenight #2] Boardgame Online

What game should be played on the next event?

• Tribes Ascend

Votes: 1 16.7%
  • Golf With Your Friends

• Boardgame Online

Votes: 3 50.0%
  • CurveFever

• Zero-K

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Scrable

Reaction score
Welcome everyone to the second iteration of Gamenight. This week's event will be on Saturday 24.03. 19:00/7pm GMT [Timezone Translator]. There will be a gamenight every other weekend, e.g. every 2 weeks, until (for now) Saturday, hosted by the friendly staff of EscapeRestart and organized by me.

So you might ask, how does a Gamenight work? What is Gamenight? What do I have to do to participate?
Simple, a server gets hosted, players come and go, be it community members or outsiders and people have fun.
Now, what do you, the player have to do? Nothing. Just join whenever you feel like, have fun in whatever game we might be playing and look forward to the next event.

The main point of these Gamenights is to give the community something special. Something members can look forward to, to end the monotony, which is why the gamenight won’t be fixated on a single game but will try to explore multiple games, known or unknown, which we together as a community can enjoy.

It has been decided!
Boardgame Online will be played as part of the second GameNight! Starting on Saturday at 7pm UTC a room will be opened, the invite link will be put into discord as well as into this thread. It will go on as long as there are players(this means it actually will last for this night)
~Finished~
To those coming in late, there will be multiple rounds, link will be updated when a new round starts.​

Anyway, since apparently nobody cares enough to provide any feedback on the last event, I have randomly picked 5 games to vote on for Friday, these are as follows(Check Steam Link for Required Specs):
Tribes Ascend
A fast-paced FPS primarily focusing on the movement. You have a jetpack and can skit along the terrain, use hills to go fast. The objective is to capture the enemy flag.
NOTE: This game's size is around 10GB. Also you need to register an account.
Steam Link
Golf With Your Friends
Minigolf. Is there anything else to say?(7Players max)
Steam Link
Boardgame Online
Most here should already know it. It is an online boardgame... with some weird things. Goal is to be the first at the finish line... Gamemode can also be changed.
Link
CurveFever
Something like TRON but with curves and powerups. Goal is to be the last survivor. There are currently 3 versions, the 2nd version being the one with the most content. Optionally we can pick the 3rd version. (8players max)
Link
Zero-K
An opensource remake of the legendary 3rd gen RTS Supreme Commander Forged Alliance. You have a Commander, this Commander needs to be protected at all cost. The goal is(depending on the gamemode) to destroy the opponent's Commander. In Coop...or "chicken mode" the only goal is to survive waves of enemies.
Note: The game downloads stuff if it's needed, this means starting a game before the event might be a good idea to already have downloaded some of the gamefiles. It's also not that big. Account registration needed.(Or use the sign in via steam feature)
(32 players max)
Link
So vote on the game you want to play on Friday and come! The polls are open until tomorrow 19:00. The game with the most votes will be hosted.
In case you wish to suggest a game, feel free to contact me via PM or Discord, whatever your preferable method might be. The current gamelist consists out of about 35 games, each event 5 games will be randomly chosen for voting, the one with the most votes will be hosted for the event. In case there is special demand, the voting process can be skipped.
__________________________________________________________________________​
More information about Gamenights:
Now, you surely won’t like what kind of games I pick for the gamenight, which is why I’m asking you to send me suggestions. I will make sure to open a poll for the next gamenight, which will be in about 2 weeks from now to make the event host your favorite game.
Required Criteria:
-It has a multiplayer, it makes no sense to suggest a singleplayer game for a multiplayer event.
-It supports a sufficient amount of playerslots (More than 3)
Bonus points if it fullfills these additional criteria:
-It’s free.
-The gamesize is relatively small
-The more playerslots possible the better
-Many in the Community have it.(When it isn’t free)

Now, game suggestions will be collected by me(it would probably be preferable to do that in a thread) and they will be put out for voting for the next gamenight.
Keep in mind, once a game has been put up for an event, it won’t be considered for the next 2 events, to keep the selection of games spread out.

Now you might ask, why not just make a permanent server?
This is to avoid burning out the playerbase. Would the server be made permanent and just change the game bi-weekly, it certainly would certainly not be filled at all times, which defeats the entire purpose of this event.

In case you have any more questions, feel free to ask them. I also don’t mind any suggestions for improvement or pointing out mistakes.

Let the games commence!

Note: The logo isn't final. Suggestions and submissions welcome

Last edited:
Reactions: Duffie

Scrable

Reaction score
Event has been postponed to Saturday 7pm GMT
That is tomorrow

Note: This event has ended since over a week.
It was a success... At least it gave everyone a few good laughs

Last edited: