[GAME OVER - TOWN WIN] The Comedy Club

Alisha

Mafia Host
Mafia Mod
Reaction score
i guess.
well i am the comedian and i get double the items each night, so i actually have 2 wire
Huh, it appears history is indeed repeating itself.

Page 3 mentioned putting someone up as a Comedian (capitalized), I thought that was referring to the situation of putting someone on stage until you revealed that. It can't be a coincidence that it's capitalized and your role is the same word, but as for if it's a clue or red herring I don't know yet.

Alisha

Mafia Host
Mafia Mod
Reaction score
Page 21 is on the darkness. It says the darkness takes over a player, and weakens the player it takes over. It also mentions the darkness cannot move to what im guessing are the black rooms, but can use the dark around it to kill. Lastly it says that the kill is nearly unstoppable, only those with grim (if anyone has any idea if this is merely flavor or actually useful) souls can survive.
Caught this on a backread but have to comment on it;

That sounds to me like a confirmation of mafia/evil people being able to survive being alone in the darkness.

webpaige

Mafia Host
Reaction score
So is darkness kinda like a game of hot potato? Or does it infect people like a zombie virus type thing?
based on what happened to omni they get chocked out by a dark miasma or something

then if we're in a situation where the game master is directly killing people based on an independent entity not controllable by anyone, that means we might as well not bother scumhunting since how could anybody be suspicious of anyone else?

yes i know that flavortext can be significant, so to think about it on the basis of analyzing lore maybe the bad guys can control the darkness and choose someone to kill or something
even if not controlled by mafia they probably can influence it somehow
if it targets the most populous room they could all enter it
or maybe they have some sort of dark shaman that controls it directly /shrug

oh and i also got my ability last night but i have no clue how its useful tbh
mine is P2W :(

It also says that the kill is NEARLY unstoppable which means there is a way to stop it
flashlights and box fans

sessybessy

aka Jenben101
Creative Staff
Survival Staff
Reaction score
maybe notty is telling the truth and can purify a soul as well which would protect it?

or notty is lying and robs people
Hmm if notty can purify then surely that exempts them from mafia sus? Tbh I don’t suspect notty as mafia if they can purify and take away items since I’m assuming darkness and mafia work together somehow

Alisha

Mafia Host
Mafia Mod
Reaction score
maybe notty is telling the truth and can purify a soul as well which would protect it?

or notty is lying and robs people
yeah i think notty is telling the truth about her ability please excuse the baseless accusations from earlier

purifying a soul us an interesting idea, though considering i was the one purified and didn't get a notification i don't think i'll consent to being a guinea pig to testing that part out...i can confirm that i don't have a cog even though i should have one along with sessy.

webpaige

Mafia Host
Reaction score
Hmm if notty can purify then surely that exempts them from mafia sus? Tbh I don’t suspect notty as mafia if they can purify and take away items since I’m assuming darkness and mafia work together somehow
yeah i think notty is telling the truth about her ability please excuse the baseless accusations from earlier
For all we know Notty could be lying about the name of the action.
Though it seems to be thematically fitting given the weird cloud of darkness thing that happened to Omni

i can confirm that i don't have a cog even though i should have one along with sessy.
is it verified everyone in the same room gets the same item?

Alisha

Mafia Host
Mafia Mod
Reaction score
For all we know Notty could be lying about the name of the action.
Though it seems to be thematically fitting given the weird cloud of darkness thing that happened to Omni

is it verified everyone in the same room gets the same item?
1) That's true, notty could just be a petty thief i guess (i want my cog back!)

2) No but given that everybody in the basement got wire, and sessy got a cog and i didn't while we were in the costume room tells me that rooms seem to have items to offer on a mechanically consistent basis.

sessybessy

aka Jenben101
Creative Staff
Survival Staff
Reaction score
1) That's true, notty could just be a petty thief i guess (i want my cog back!)

2) No but given that everybody in the basement got wire, and sessy got a cog and i didn't while we were in the costume room tells me that rooms seem to have items to offer on a mechanically consistent basis.
I’m just confused as to why notty would purify you, of all people, surely it would be more strategically wise to purify one of those in the basement who were sus-mafia ?

webpaige

Mafia Host
Reaction score

Nottykitten

Nomnomnom kitteh!
Reaction score
#Truth

That's because in every other mafia game we don't have a map giving significance to where everybody is at any given time. When a big deal is made out of positioning ourselves properly to avoid being eaten by the darkness, that tends to force you to think differently and adapt.
I agree with the flavor text being important and people not just being able to leave their room once the doors are closed (except for Mafia? otherwise what was Omnis role good for). I didn't leave my room I uhm *cough* prayed to the souls of the dead (I'm assuming comedians) to purify you.

No idea why Notty chose me
No particular reason other than wanting to use my action and picking based on <o>. Considering how much current roles seem to be based on items I'm thinking that the Mafia as well as the Town can build things with the items and I can impede on a Mafia creation?

webpaige

Mafia Host
Reaction score
#Truth
just 1 wire?
No particular reason other than wanting to use my action and picking based on <o>. Considering how much current roles seem to be based on items I'm thinking that the Mafia as well as the Town can build things with the items and I can impede on a Mafia creation?
don't trust anyone in the library they will kill us all
unless it's me
?