[Game Over] Just Your Average Mafia Game

Status
Not open for further replies.

Unusual_Dood

Reaction score
Wait I have an idea

Let's just go with a classic Follow The Cop, cop claims and doctor stays silent and protects cop every night

Cop don't claim unless most of the people here think it's a good idea (and if you don't think it's a good idea even if it gets the votes please out anyway because it's for your own good)
I thought of this as well, and while it might seem like a good idea to get more cop reports, I’m afraid we’re giving mafia and SK too many ‘free kills’ (kills that wont be saved) since the doctor can’t actively stop any of the kills, which can get us outnumbered early. I think there is a good chance doctor saves at least one kill, so it depends if we are wanting to risk it. Imo it is a high risk, high gain situation.

Unusual_Dood

Reaction score
Wouldn't us mislynching today mean that we've most likely lost by tomorrow?
6 town v 2 maf v 1 SK today
(If we mislynch and if two kills happens)
3 town v 2 maf v 1 SK tomorrow
If we get to 3 town v 2 maf v 1 SK we can still win, but we have to eliminate mafia and not SK or mafias will win. There’s also the chance SK and mafias kill each others off that we could hope for.

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
Mm I guess I'm neutral on the follow the cop plan, obv there's no way for us to know if it'd work out better that way or not since if doc dies early then cop follows next, but on the other hand cop might live longer than they would otherwise

I thought of this as well, and while it might seem like a good idea to get more cop reports, I’m afraid we’re giving mafia and SK too many ‘free kills’ (kills that wont be saved) since the doctor can’t actively stop any of the kills, which can get us outnumbered early. I think there is a good chance doctor saves at least one kill, so it depends if we are wanting to risk it. Imo it is a high risk, high gain situation.
Good point although I guess part of this is wifom - our doc could actually not protect our cop on some nights while mafia think the doc is on the cop for example and save both the cop and someone else in doing so. I guess it depends on whether the mafia are likely to risk trying to kill the cop and hope doc isn't on them at some point, or whether our doc would want to risk that in the first place, which we can't really predict at all so maybe it's not worth the risk

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
Super early reads time

Alisha - probs not in a team with stranger since they associated themselves with her pretty early if that's the case by agreeing with her about all her opinions, and I think she'd be cautious not to do that if they're a team. I got slight scum vibes from her posts and didn't like that she interpreted my vote on comp as me wanting him dead since I think she's seen me place votes just to see what happens plenty of times before so felt a bit biased in trying to find a reason to suspect me. Slight scum
HK - neutral
UNU - entrance post felt quite relaxed so tiny town points for that I guess but mostly neutral
TWG - part of me wants to town read him for meta reasons - I've only seen him scum once but he seemed to just kind of fit in with the crowd and not rock the boat too much or confidently declare what he thinks should happen and he won as mafia so it seemed like a successful tactic that he might want to employ again, and that doesn't really seem to apply to this game where he's been fine confidently stating what he thinks we should do and disagreeing with people about whether Joe should claim or whether we should lynch. That being said I think he might've played similar to this as scum too, in a game where I saw a snapshot of it and he was scum, but my memory for it is hazy so idk for sure. Iirc that game was mostly full of new people so maybe he felt more able to throw his weight around a bit there though and maybe with experienced players he tends to be less like that. Anyway, he's neutral for now, and it's not like I can't see him purposefully changing how he plays this game as scum since he knows a few of us were here to witness his scum game and knows he needs to change up how he seems to not get caught this time. But I did like how he interpreted my vote on comp since it felt genuine rather than giving me slight bias vibes like alisha and stranger's accusation of me did. Neutral-leaning town.
Tim - I got slight scum vibes from his posts, idk why.
Sessy - in terms of content, neutral, but gut feeling says scum.
Stranger - wasn't a fan of how they seemed jumpy at me voting comp and interpreted it as me wanting them dead but I haven't played a lot with them so I can see them genuinely interpreting my early vote as me wanting comp dead since they probs haven't seen me throw votes around to get people to talk much? Also they just kinda vibe town to me somehow, so slight town for now
Comp - neutral

Obv we have so little to go off and so little time but if we're lynching today (which I still think we should for the reasons I talked about already) I'd probably choose Sessy out of anyone.

Ltin

Mafia Host
Reaction score
VOTECOUNT abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz
Infected_alien8_ - [1] - {Alisha};
Sessybessy - [1] - {Infected_alien8_};

With 9 players it takes 5 to lynch and 5 to no-lynch.
The deadline is 12:00 Central, 17:00 GMT, on Monday, July 15th.

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
Okay, doc please be on alisha for sure, don't risk any mindgaming I'd say

Also I suddenly feel like Stranger is scum after seeing Alisha is town but I'm not sure why - just seems right now somehow. Maybe my maf read on alisha influenced my town read on stranger since I didn't think they were on a team? And so now that alisha is town, that influence has gone and stranger seems scummy? Idk

Not 100% sure if Joe should out or not since it makes them a much more vulnerable n1 kill now that cop is out since doc will almost certainly be on alisha so if sk wants to let mafia find doc and meanwhile kill off an uncc town they can do that with joe pretty easily, but it'd also benefit sk a lot to avoid killing Joe for a while and instead try to help mafia find the doc since late-game alisha being alive while mafia lawyer being dead could really screw over the sk (if alisha finds sk as joe even though the town joe is uncc and the lawyer is dead so couldn't have caused a fake result, it'd prove the sk as sk)

So it's kind of a toss up on what the sk decides to do, and I'm not sure having the uncc Joe benefit is worth the risk of losing them altogether - having a cc later wouldn't be as bad as joe being completely dead most likely since if joe's dead then the sk will probably claim villager which will most likely not have a 50/50 lynch pool and so be less easy to lynch them correctly than if they cc'd joe later on. Also even if Joe doesn't claim the sk may end up not ccing anyways so yeah as I write this I lean towards keeping joe hidden

Ltin

Mafia Host
Reaction score
I also vote for an extension just because of how important day 0 is in this setup and how quiet the game is so far!
Are you under the impression this is a democracy? THIS IS A DICTATORSHIP WITH DEMOCRATIC (extra-judicial) JURIES!
YOU HAVE NO SAY, but I will take your opinion under advisement.

All players have confirmed their Role PM.

Status
Not open for further replies.