[Game Over] Just Your Average Mafia Game

Status
Not open for further replies.

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
comp is capable of being more helpful than he currently is
yeah I'd expect him to have at least given a thought on the Joe discussion or say something like 'I'm here' so to just enter with a direct question about what the doc can do felt really sort of... lazer focused on avoiding small talk that could get him caught out kind of? Idk how to explain it again

if they are partners why would tim deflect suspicion onto his own teammate
I said underneath that I meant to delete that part since I changed my mind

Alisha

Mafia Host
Mafia Mod
Reaction score
My reads list:

HKCaper: slight scum
Comp: slight town
TheWeak: town
Alisha: town (if it wasnt for her cop claim I’d probably believe she was mafia)

Mostly just a gut feeling for those I have an opinion (except alisha). Rest I’m unsure of.
weak town read i get since you know him well, im interested in what you would have scumread me for otherwise, and also why do you townread comp while you scumread hkcaper when both have been very quiet

Alisha

Mafia Host
Mafia Mod
Reaction score
yeah I'd expect him to have at least given a thought on the Joe discussion or say something like 'I'm here' so to just enter with a direct question about what the doc can do felt really sort of... lazer focused on avoiding small talk that could get him caught out kind of? Idk how to explain it again
yeah i dont understand why he would ask that either because the assumption here is doc has free reign on targets except for themselves, if it deviated from that we would have been told beforehand

I said underneath that I meant to delete that part since I changed my mind
oops

Alisha

Mafia Host
Mafia Mod
Reaction score
also im done playing around because there have been games where all of us have worked together much better than this and several people are being much less useful than usual, if you're town and doing this then just uh, stop i guess

Alisha

Mafia Host
Mafia Mod
Reaction score
i asked a simple question about no lynching and only inffy responded to me, and unu made a post right after that too and didn't give an opinion ;-;

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
damnit inf your subtle subconscious manipulations of my opinions are WORKING!!!
here let me do another!

(disclaimer: I already think tim's mafia based on how he's wording his posts and stuff so I'm probably biased in how I interpret all of this but just wanted to throw it out there)

Just so everyone is aware: I'm going to have limited activity for the next hour followed by no activity for the next 9 hours after that. Don't kill me while I'm gone please thanks.

Inf, if you are town, then I believe that you have a reason for feeling the way you do about me because admittedly, I was nervous on starting the game simply for the reason that it's been a while since I've played a game of mafia and it felt weird getting back into it. I don't know if that translated into my posts because idk I'm just not really good at picking up if people are nervous so I can't see it in myself either.

If you're not town, then it's basically what I said above that you're jumping around from person to person picking up reasonable excuses. And frankly, that doesn't seem like you. Especially in such a small game.

Based on this, I see you as having a viable reason to be suspicious of me (I think Alisha said the same thing about me being nervous at game start), thus lending me to believing you're town. I hope I've explained myself well enough here for people not go "wait a minute, you just said inf was mafia! Flip flop!" In summary, your thoughts and actions are more in line with what I'd expect of you as town than as mafia.

I think we should focus our efforts onto those who haven't said much, because the people who've spoken all seem relatively towny to me. Has comp said anything yet? And is there a way to search posts by user? The search thing is different since the forums update.
Tim thinks I'm town since he thinks I'm picking up on his nerves which is a real thing (also as a quick aside that I wasn't gonna point out initially since it felt like such a tiny point but I feel like pointing it out now: note the 'If you're not town, then that means you're doing this thing, which frankly isn't like you' sentence which is basically saying 'if you're scum then you're doing scum things and that's not like you as town', it just feels really odd to have that thought process and I think is a symptom of not being properly in the scumhunt mindset)
Posting a quick reads list before I go to bed:

Inffy - Slight scum due to quick shifts in reads early on with justifications that are extremely odd for him giving how logical and composed he usually is.
HKCaper - Slight mafia due to his quietness
Timdood3 - Slight scum due to his suggestion of having people claim "not joe" which mafia could easily take advantage of, as well as OMGUS response to Inffy's suspicion.
TWG - Slight town, he's been acting basically as I'd expect him to act as town.
Unu - Speak up, dude
Comp - *crickets*
Sessybessy - I'm assuming her alignment is opposite of Inffy's. Her reaction to being voted by Inffy was weird, but also that sort of reaction is something I'd expect of Good Skele (who Inffy says she plays similarly to) regardless of alignment.
Alisha - Strong town. Besides cop claim with no cc yet, she's been making a lot of sense so far.
Sorry for not speaking earlier, as I was asleep. Roods:

Inffy - my Inffy-senses have been tingling ever since this post. Could see Inffy being the SK or a Mafia. Scum read
Alisha - is obviously proven because no cc
Tim - town read, the way the behave and react feels like how a town would react. Town read
Stranger - something feels a bit off to me about them, they seem to agree very much with Alisha so she may very well try to gain Alisha's trust. If she's scum, then I don't think she would be scum with Inffy. Could also be Joe. Minor scum read.
Unu - Felt off a bit in the beginning but now I'm not so sure. Neutral read.
Comp - it's comp. Neutral read
HKCaper - it's weird since HKC is usually active but now he's not. Likely busy IRL. Neutral reads
Sessybessy - neutral read
My reads list:

Stranger: not sure
Inffy: not sure
HKCaper: slight scum
Comp: slight town
TheWeak: town
Sessy: unsure
Alisha: town (if it wasnt for her cop claim I’d probably believe she was mafia)
Tim: unsure

Mostly just a gut feeling for those I have an opinion (except alisha). Rest I’m unsure of.
Stranger restates her suspicion on me after backing off earlier, making it clear she's still suspicious of me despite unvoting me previously
TWG scum reads me
UNU says he's unsure of me
Once again, it was not a suggestion.
And I disagree with your perception of my views on inf. I'm too tired to reiterate, go read my last post.

If I were to try to guess all three scum right now, I'd say they're:
Stanger: Tunneling on me with points I've already repelled.
Inf: I want to believe he's coming from a town perspective, but his relentlessness does not speak well to me.
sessy: The only thing I have is her assumption that one vote meant she was going to be lynched. Has she said anything else?
Suddenly tim thinks I'm mafia again because my 'relentlessness does not speak well to' him, conveniently after seeing 3 people seem slightly ok with lynching me. Idk, I feel like tim knows I can be pretty relentless as town, so I don't buy that this is a genuine change of heart here and it seems more like 'oh inf is still mislynchable, I'll change my mind again'

Oh and another thing that keeps bothering me (that is probably just confirmation bias but I'll share it anyway in case someone else can see it too) is how he responds when he's suspected. It feels like he's putting a lot of effort into not stepping onto any toes with his responses, to the point where it seems out of character for townie tim.

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
Seeing it as opportunistic seems reasonable.
What seems fake about it? It's much more substantial than a "gut feeling" vote, wouldn't you think?
This is where I first got the impression he was being cautious not to step on my toes but I didn't say anything at the time since I was aware I was probably just confirmation biasing but again I'm just gonna throw it out there. I think town tim would instead say "What seems fake about it? Surely it's more substantial than gut feelings.' or something (only a tiny difference word-wise but changes the feel of the post a whole lot to me - the way he posted it feels like he's not wanting to get into an argument with me at all since he's scared of getting too much attention, which I don't think he'd be scared of as town)

And his response later on when he talked about him being nervous and thinking I'm town felt like he was doing his best to avoid a scuffle with me as well, rather than trying to genuinely pick apart my read and see if I was town or not

Stranger from Myst Island

Mafia Host
Reaction score
Once again, it was not a suggestion.
And I disagree with your perception of my views on inf. I'm too tired to reiterate, go read my last post.

If I were to try to guess all three scum right now, I'd say they're:
Stanger: Tunneling on me with points I've already repelled.
Inf: I want to believe he's coming from a town perspective, but his relentlessness does not speak well to me.
sessy: The only thing I have is her assumption that one vote meant she was going to be lynched. Has she said anything else?
The level of OMGUS in this post is too damn high. This isn't a level of defensiveness id expect from Tim. Also, it's worth noting he never voted himself at the start of this game, which he also forgot to do the last time he was mafia.

Vote Timdoood3

Which justifications do you find odd?
Mainly the claim that Comp would be a "nice kill". There's something about that phrasing that strikes me as off. That said, if Tim does flip scum I'd be more inclined to believe you're town.

TheWeakGuy48_

Geezuslike
Donor
Mafia Host
Reaction score
For once, I think a no lynch is viable because we have a good chance of screwing up and being put in a hole tomorrow. Joe do not claim because we want to maximize chances of scum crossfire tonight, doctor on me, and I'll hope I get lucky with my investigation.

If that sounds like a reasonable plan, let's all chip in here and we'll vote after we hear a lot of opinions on this.
Thought a bit about it and I think it's best for us to lynch today. If we lynch scum then that's good - and if we mislynch there's still a chance that scum hits scum tonight. And even if scum doesn't kill another scum tonight we will still (sorta) have a lynch tomorrow as scum can't out themselves because then the other scum would die.
comp is capable of being more helpful than he currently is
Agree, but it doesn't necessarily mean that he's town.
what about that post hits your inffy senses
I mean the fact that he earlier suspected you, but then you claimed and were town which meant that Stranger was scum, like totally out of the blue. May be that I'm tunnelvisioning here but I really, really feel that inffy is scum. It's all vibes, but usually when Inffy is town I find him somewhat agreeable; however this game (especially after that post) I've felt like I've disagreed with much of what Inffy has said. (I don't agree in that he can determine if Comp, Sessy and HKC is scum after having >3 posts each)

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
The level of OMGUS in this post is too damn high. This isn't a level of defensiveness id expect from Tim. Also, it's worth noting he never voted himself at the start of this game, which he also forgot to do the last time he was mafia.

Vote Timdoood3

Mainly the claim that Comp would be a "nice kill". There's something about that phrasing that strikes me as off. That said, if Tim does flip scum I'd be more inclined to believe you're town.
!

I already said, I said he'd be a nice kill to see how you'd react to it since you seemed a bit jumpy at me voting for him, so I was testing whether you might be teammates and if you'd get defensive over him. I wouldn't try to kill someone who hasn't spoken for the sole reason that they seem like a 'nice kill', the vote wasn't me trying to kill anyone, it was just to throw a stone in the water to watch the ripples

Thought a bit about it and I think it's best for us to lynch today. If we lynch scum then that's good - and if we mislynch there's still a chance that scum hits scum tonight. And even if scum doesn't kill another scum tonight we will still (sorta) have a lynch tomorrow as scum can't out themselves because then the other scum would die.

Agree, but it doesn't necessarily mean that he's town.

I mean the fact that he earlier suspected you, but then you claimed and were town which meant that Stranger was scum, like totally out of the blue. May be that I'm tunnelvisioning here but I really, really feel that inffy is scum. It's all vibes, but usually when Inffy is town I find him somewhat agreeable; however this game (especially after that post) I've felt like I've disagreed with much of what Inffy has said. (I don't agree in that he can determine if Comp, Sessy and HKC is scum after having >3 posts each)
I claimed she was town because she claimed cop

I said stranger was scum since the way I felt about her changed, I wasn't 100% sure why but I tried to have a go at guessing why in that post

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
woops first quote messed up but I meant to respond to:

Also, it's worth noting he never voted himself at the start of this game, which he also forgot to do the last time he was mafia.
with

!

(I completely forgot about that, pretty good point tbh, could easily just be an unfortunate coincidence and he just forgot since he hasn't played for a while but there's definitely a tiny pattern emerging - not that I think we should use that argument to lynch him of course)

• Agree
Reactions: Timdood3

Alisha

Mafia Host
Mafia Mod
Reaction score
You win a trophy for remembering that pattern

Alisha

Mafia Host
Mafia Mod
Reaction score
I mean the fact that he earlier suspected you, but then you claimed and were town which meant that Stranger was scum, like totally out of the blue.
I claimed she was town because she claimed cop

I said stranger was scum since the way I felt about her changed, I wasn't 100% sure why but I tried to have a go at guessing why in that post
Inffy scumread me and townread stranger before my claim, based on that I would be too careful to link myself with a mafia buddy early on - this flipped when i claimed which seems reasonable imo

Status
Not open for further replies.