[Game Over] Just Your Average Mafia Game

Status
Not open for further replies.

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
This is what was concerning me about those early votes too - I don't feel Inffy had spent enough time developing his reads before voting.

Timdood3 could you post a reads list please?
My vote on comp wasn't about reads, he hadn't posted yet, I was just making something happen to generate discussion

My vote on sessy was since we had like 24 hours left and a pretty quiet game and I want a lynch even if I don't have any good reasoning yet because it's so early on - I wasn't going to wait and hope something better came along and risk not getting a lynch at all so I voted her

Stranger from Myst Island

Mafia Host
Reaction score
My vote on comp wasn't about reads, he hadn't posted yet, I was just making something happen to generate discussion

My vote on sessy was since we had like 24 hours left and a pretty quiet game and I want a lynch even if I don't have any good reasoning yet because it's so early on - I wasn't going to wait and hope something better came along and risk not getting a lynch at all so I voted her
OK, we are under a pretty tight deadline to be fair.

Unvote

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
Also I don't really think I can explain my read on tim tbh sorry

His post voting sessy, and also a couple early posts of his as well as the one asking me why his post were fake, all just feel scummy to me, and if I try to explain it any deeper than that I end up talking like a crazy person

Alisha

Mafia Host
Mafia Mod
Reaction score
Also I don't really think I can explain my read on tim tbh sorry

His post voting sessy, and also a couple early posts of his as well as the one asking me why his post were fake, all just feel scummy to me, and if I try to explain it any deeper than that I end up talking like a crazy person
I'd rather you sound crazy and potentally be correct than to withhold information for betterment of the town

And seeing crazy Inf is awesome

• Agree
Reactions: Timdood3

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
I'd rather you sound crazy and potentally be correct than to withhold information for betterment of the town

And seeing crazy Inf is awesome
By sound crazy I don't mean that it's information that sounds like an unlikely theory or something, I just mean it sounds like complete nonsense

So it's not really withholding anything useful

like, if I just slap down some words to try to explain how his vote makes me feel, it'd be like

mechanical, controlled, instead of juices naturally flowing from a fruit it's water being channelled through a metal pipe, it's made to be presented rather than made out of genuine, authentic belief

so yeah idk how to explain it

Timdood3

Mafia Host
Reaction score
@Timdood3 could you post a reads list please?
Sessy - I feel like she overreacted to a single vote and jumped to assuming she was going to be lynched. This is the sort of mentality that definitely feels like scum.

Alisha - She's seemed reasonable and pretty pro-town so far.

Inf - My initial read on inf was town (it usually is, admittedly) but it feels like he's pressing more and more for people without solid reason. Comp was a start of the game vote, I find that excusable. He says his vote on sessy was because of the deadline, and that seems reasonable. However, my issue with that reasoning comes in when he basically accuses me of tunneling and being hasty. Seems a bit hypocritical.

By sound crazy I don't mean that it's information that sounds like an unlikely theory or something, I just mean it sounds like complete nonsense

So it's not really withholding anything useful

like, if I just slap down some words to try to explain how his vote makes me feel, it'd be like

mechanical, controlled, instead of juices naturally flowing from a fruit it's water being channelled through a metal pipe, it's made to be presented rather than made out of genuine, authentic belief

so yeah idk how to explain it
Would you not say that that's my style though? I feel like I have to explain this almost every game: I want to be as clear as possible so as not to be misunderstood, and that sometimes results in sounding synthesized.

Stranger from Myst Island

Mafia Host
Reaction score
Inf - My initial read on inf was town (it usually is, admittedly) but it feels like he's pressing more and more for people without solid reason. Comp was a start of the game vote, I find that excusable. He says his vote on sessy was because of the deadline, and that seems reasonable. However, my issue with that reasoning comes in when he basically accuses me of tunneling and being hasty. Seems a bit hypocritical.
I'll have to think on this. You're making a valid point, but I can't escape the feeling this is OMGUS logic.

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
Would you not say that that's my style though? I feel like I have to explain this almost every game: I want to be as clear as possible so as not to be misunderstood, and that sometimes results in sounding synthesized.
No, it's different to how you are as town, I don't get these feelings about you as town

it's less about you trying to be as clear as possible and it sounding like you've put time into wording it correctly, more like... eh I don't know how to explain it sorry, ik it sucks to be voted for what sounds like such a stupid reason

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
(also it's not about you tunnelling or being hasty either, when I said opportunistic that's not quite what I meant, it just felt like it was a vote that came from 'oh here's an opportunity to get a mislynch' vs 'I think sessy is scum', but idk how to explain why)

Ltin

Mafia Host
Reaction score
VOTECOUNT I hope you are excited for the free lunch. There will be strained pineapple. It will not be part of the free lunch.
Sessybessy - [1] - {Timdood3};
Timdood3 - [1] - {Infected_alien8_};

With 9 players it takes 5 to lynch and 5 to no-lynch.
The deadline is 12:00 Central, 17:00 GMT, on Tuesday, July 16th.

• Winner
Reactions: Timdood3

Timdood3

Mafia Host
Reaction score
Just so everyone is aware: I'm going to have limited activity for the next hour followed by no activity for the next 9 hours after that. Don't kill me while I'm gone please thanks.

Inf, if you are town, then I believe that you have a reason for feeling the way you do about me because admittedly, I was nervous on starting the game simply for the reason that it's been a while since I've played a game of mafia and it felt weird getting back into it. I don't know if that translated into my posts because idk I'm just not really good at picking up if people are nervous so I can't see it in myself either.

If you're not town, then it's basically what I said above that you're jumping around from person to person picking up reasonable excuses. And frankly, that doesn't seem like you. Especially in such a small game.

Based on this, I see you as having a viable reason to be suspicious of me (I think Alisha said the same thing about me being nervous at game start), thus lending me to believing you're town. I hope I've explained myself well enough here for people not go "wait a minute, you just said inf was mafia! Flip flop!" In summary, your thoughts and actions are more in line with what I'd expect of you as town than as mafia.

I think we should focus our efforts onto those who haven't said much, because the people who've spoken all seem relatively towny to me. Has comp said anything yet? And is there a way to search posts by user? The search thing is different since the forums update.

Status
Not open for further replies.