[Game Over] Just Your Average Mafia Game

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alisha

Mafia Host
Mafia Mod
Reaction score
Stranger is a neutral read for me so far, the only scumreads I've got would be a slight suspicion on Inffy and a slight suspicion on Timdood - Inffy for trying to lynch people that IMO would be easier to bandwagon on for d0, and Timdood for trying to get people to claim not joe and seeming kinda nervous, idk

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
Stranger is a neutral read for me so far, the only scumreads I've got would be a slight suspicion on Inffy and a slight suspicion on Timdood - Inffy for trying to lynch people that IMO would be easier to bandwagon on for d0, and Timdood for trying to get people to claim not joe and seeming kinda nervous, idk
I didn't want to lynch comp btw I was just throwing a vote down to get people talking

I am fine lynching sessy though

and yeah tim vibed a bit scummy to me but idk why

Ltin

Mafia Host
Reaction score
VOTECOUNT The free lunch will still be held at its scheduled time. Otherwise the maggots might get a little out of control.
Infected_alien8_ - [2] - {Alisha, Stranger from Planet 9};
Sessybessy - [1] - {Infected_alien8_};

With 9 players it takes 5 to lynch and 5 to no-lynch.
The deadline has been extended to 12:00 Central, 17:00 GMT, on Tuesday, July 16th.

Stranger from Myst Island

Mafia Host
Reaction score
Just to clarify, my logic above (now that I'm on PC), I've never played with sessybessy before. But she's done that I'd deem mildly suspicious thus far. So between Inffy claiming that Comp would be a "nice kill" earlier and him saying that he wants to lynch sessybessy because of a gut feeling seems really scummy to me.

Timdood3

Mafia Host
Reaction score
Timdood for trying to get people to claim not joe and seeming kinda nervous, idk
To be perfectly clear, I was not advocating for it or "trying to get people" to claim not Joe. I asked Inf a question. I also explained my reasoning for asking: that reasoning being that I'm an idiot. I could say something about "I was suspicious of inf and wanted to see if he would advocate for a sub-par plan" but no, I just had a dumb thought and wanted to know what inf thought about it.

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
Just to clarify, my logic above (now that I'm on PC), I've never played with sessybessy before. But she's done that I'd deem mildly suspicious thus far. So between Inffy claiming that Comp would be a "nice kill" earlier and him saying that he wants to lynch sessybessy because of a gut feeling seems really scummy to me.
I only said comp would be a nice kill since I wanted to see if you'd get defensive over him since you seemed jumpy about me voting him

I didn't vote for him to die, it was my first vote of the game, it was just to see what'd happen and get people talking that's all

And I want to lynch someone today for the reasons I said before, and obviously since it's so early on there's barely any reasoning to go by for lynching someone. Lynching sessy of a gut feeling is pretty much the most I've got right now since not much has happened so far

what is it about sessy that's got you thinking they're likely scum?
Nothing really just a small gut feeling from their entrance post, other than that it's baseless but there's no better leads right now, the only suspects I have are vibes/gut feelings so far

Timdood3

Mafia Host
Reaction score
Also, it pinged my radar when I saw it, but I was caught up in a few real life things at the time. I want to bring attention to Sessy's reaction to inf's vote. It seemed like an overreaction: "Why am I being lynched now?" Particularly the idea that because she had one vote (to be fair, it is 20% of the requirement) that she was going to end up lynched.

I think lynching Day 0 is important and with nothing better to go on, I'm going to vote on it.

Vote sessybessy

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
Uh oh tunnel incoming

unvote
vote tim

That vote on sessy gives me real bad vibes and I have no idea why but it feels really opportunistic and fake readish (sorry I can't give any better reasoning for my votes rn)

Alisha

Mafia Host
Mafia Mod
Reaction score
The only thing about sessy that jumps out at me is their reaction to Inf voting them, but that was after the vote was set so Inffy passed my invisible test by not mentioning sessy's reactions to the actual vote for his argument

sessy are you brand new to mafia?

unvote

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
Seeing it as opportunistic seems reasonable.
What seems fake about it? It's much more substantial than a "gut feeling" vote, wouldn't you think?
I think it's more about your delivery of the read rather than the read itself

I'll try to articulate exactly what I think gives me that impression since the explanations I've tried so far are terrible

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
The only thing about sessy that jumps out at me is their reaction to Inf voting them, but that was after the vote was set so Inffy passed my invisible test by not mentioning sessy's reactions to the actual vote for his argument

sessy are you brand new to mafia?

unvote
What do you mean about the invisible test thing?

And no she's not new, I've played with her before a couple times

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
(and her reactions actually made me doubt my gut feeling on her a bit at first and it seems pretty in character for how she'd react as town fwiw, I was expecting her to react quite differently as maf but it's also been a while since I last played with her)

Alisha

Mafia Host
Mafia Mod
Reaction score
(and her reactions actually made me doubt my gut feeling on her a bit at first and it seems pretty in character for how she'd react as town fwiw, I was expecting her to react quite differently as maf but it's also been a while since I last played with her)
So you would say her reaction to your vote on her is normal behavior?

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
So you would say her reaction to your vote on her is normal behavior?
Well my memory of her isn't good enough for me to say 'yeah she does that' since I don't remember her a huge lot, but my impression of her that I've kept with me ever since we played together aligns with how she reacted so in that sense I'd say it seems fine yeah

As mafia I expected her to react like good skele

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
Well my memory of her isn't good enough for me to say 'yeah she does that' since I don't remember her a huge lot, but my impression of her that I've kept with me ever since we played together aligns with how she reacted so in that sense I'd say it seems fine yeah

as in, I can't point to a specific time where she's reacted just like that as town and I don't remember if she ever did, I just have general impression of her in my memory which I'm using

Alisha

Mafia Host
Mafia Mod
Reaction score
Out of curiosity what usual behaviour were you looking for?
Mostly just watching you amble around and develop your reads, and being less careful about appearing logical all the time since I feel like you make sure there's an explanation for everything you do / set up a scapegoat for a push you make when you are scum

a classic mafia scenario

Reactions: Infected_alien8_

Stranger from Myst Island

Mafia Host
Reaction score
Mostly just watching you amble around and develop your reads, and being less careful about appearing logical all the time since I feel like you make sure there's an explanation for everything you do / set up a scapegoat for a push you make when you are scum
This is what was concerning me about those early votes too - I don't feel Inffy had spent enough time developing his reads before voting.

Timdood3 could you post a reads list please?

Status
Not open for further replies.