[Gaia] ❄ Hockeyfan1852's Leader Application ❄ - ACCEPTED!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hockeyfan1852

Reaction score
What family are you applying for? Gaia

Why do you want to be a family leader? I would like to be a family leader because I have lead several clans leading up to this smp. Another reason is that I excel at defense which is key to protect our family from raids.

What will you do to lead your family to prosperity? I will create a system in which the most active players get to voice their opinions on what the best move going forward is. We will make sure each player is able to build their own private property and protect their key items (most should be stored in enderchests). Enderchests will be accessible within most buildings instead of the open otherwise raiders will take advantage of being able to use them in our territory. I also want to push community builds and create unique builds as well as function builds such as community mines, farms etc.

Are there any rules you want to implement within your family? How will you handle alliances and how will you deal with family members that violate the rules? There will be rules for situations that arise we will make a thread that lists our family rules. Alliances will be made depending on how we get along with the other families. Ideally we would like at least 1 ally but at the server start we will remain neutral with everyone and focus on our family growth before worrying about what other families are doing. Family members that break rules will be talked to and made sure they understand that a rule has been broken. Repeat offenders will be punished based on how severe the rule they broke was. Punishments as of now is something minor like donating to the community buildings or major such as high fines/being kicked out of the family.

I just want to thank everyone for reading and I hope we can make something great this smp!

-Hockeyfan1852

rosekill

Reaction score
Why do you want to be a family leader? I would like to be a family leader because I have lead several clans leading up to this smp. Another reason is that I excel at defense which is key to protect our family from raids.
Dusk Of Discordia: NightHawks Leader
Journey to Elysium: Ex- Esper Leader
SMP4: EMT Leader
Just wanted to point out for reference that these were some of the worst groups that had little to no impact on the server and were for the most part raided extremely often and very large amounts of things were taken during those raids with little to no effort on the raiders part.

Hockeyfan1852

Reaction score
Just wanted to point out for reference that these were some of the worst groups that had little to no impact on the server and were for the most part raided extremely often and very large amounts of things were taken during those raids with little to no effort on the raiders part.
Right I excel at defense due to EMT my first clan in 2012 being constantly raided. Which over the next few clans were better defended example would be the Esper castle with an under ground vault that was never raided. Nighthawks was a the last base to be found on DoD so I would say our defense is up to par. The only valid point was that EMT was weak. Due to myself constantly working over the last 3 smps, my defense has come a long way since then. However if you don't think my defense is up to par I invite you to come test it on Legacies of Primordia.

SirComputer

Rainmaker
Donor
Reaction score
Just wanted to point out for reference that unless you can get someone else from this house to apply for leadership, that won't matter one tiny bit.

Hockeyfan1852

Reaction score
What ideas do you have in mind for members of Gaia to voice their opinions and ideas? How will more creative builds be decided on once Gaia is set up?
I plan on having a thread in our family forum as well as maybe a convo with the active players in the family so we can discuss ideas. Anyone in the family would be able to give an idea or opinion within the thread. We will want to give each player a reasonable sized area to build on. Larger projects would be verified by the active players to make sure we have the resources to build them because nothing is worse than an eyesore that is only 10% built for weeks. Overall im hoping we can have a few unique builds that everyone helped make and most people wanted to have to make something we are all proud of.

rosekill

Reaction score
However if you don't think my defense is up to par I invite you to come test it on Legacies of Primordia.
I dont feel that giving people an invitation to raid your family is a good PR stunt for the people involved in the family either.

the Esper castle with an under ground vault that was never raided.
You sure about that bud?
Punishments as of now is something minor like donating to the community buildings
Wow it would truly be a shame if you had to... Contribute to the family.

• Old
Reactions: Solis22

Undefined User 7

Psychosomatic
Reaction score
I was in Gaia in LoP, and while I still haven't committed to any group yet, I remember the legacy of Gaia being one largely of peace. I have no doubt of your skills in defense, building, and raiding, but I do question whether your experience and personal approach to SMP mesh with the spirit of Gaia. Esper & NH were both fine clans, but they were often at war, and I worry that the same could happen with Gaia. What makes you most appropriate for this specific clan?

Last edited:
Reactions: Hockeyfan1852

Hockeyfan1852

Reaction score
I was in Gaia in LoP, and while I still haven't committed to any group yet, I remember the legacy of Gaia being one largely of peace. I have no doubt of your skills in defense, building, and raiding, but I do question whether your experience and personal approach to SMP mesh with the spirit of Gaia. Esper & NH were both fine clans, but they were often at war, and I worry that the same could happen with Gaia. What makes you most appropriate for this specific clan?
This is a new smp we want to keep the spirit of Gaia alive through our building themes and other things. Yes in the past Esper & NH both were very raid heavy clans. However I am dialing back on the lets go to war because x player wants to raid. There will be a system in place I've talked to Danni and several others within the clan to make sure we are not some big bad raiding clan. I want to set up a system where we get as much player input as possible before making a decision within the family. I feel like this is a fair way of handling raiding and other decision making since it represents what most people want moving forward.

• Optimistic
Reactions: Vrgin

Ogarci

Controller
Controller
Survival Staff
Reaction score
Accepted!

You will be the leader of your family until such a time that a consistent basis for elections is completed.

Expect communication from me before release!

Reactions: Notme
Status
Not open for further replies.