Minecraft FTB Infinity Evolved

SirComputer

Rainmaker
Donor
Reaction score

Update: The event is now over. Thanks for playing!

Owing to the recent success of our Pixelmon event server as we experiment with providing different Minecraft (and hopefully other game) events, we've decided to do another modpack. This time, FTB Infinity Evolved. The modpack is "the general all-purpose pack from the FTB team" - in other words, it has something for most people. See https://www.feed-the-beast.com/ for the download links.

The event will run from Friday 9th June (so we can maximise the weekend) at 8pm GMT (9pm BST, 4pm EST) - which is flexible if we feel a different time/date would be better - to whenever people stop playing it. The server IP will be lobby.escaperestart.com:25568. We hope to see you there!

(PS: Pixelmon has indeed closed, and its world download is located at lobby.escaperestart.com/Pixelmon.tar.gz. The file is about 1.58GB. Also, there's a meeting on Saturday at 8 pm GMT. You should go to it. Meetings are cool.)​

Last edited:

Catcocomics

Reaction score
121 listed dependencies (this seems to mean mods), most of them small, but are you sure everyone will be able to deal with all that?
I'm seeing plenty of build mods and things, but unless the main progression mods have had a major overhaul, I don't think we'll see anything interesting happen for until at least the end of the first day, assuming enough people spend a lot of time being overly industrious.

What kind of world are we going into? Will it be pre-built at all, or standard wilderness?

• Thank You
Reactions: xXMrWhiskersXx

SirComputer

Rainmaker
Donor
Reaction score
121 listed dependencies (this seems to mean mods), most of them small, but are you sure everyone will be able to deal with all that?
I'm seeing plenty of build mods and things, but unless the main progression mods have had a major overhaul, I don't think we'll see anything interesting happen for until at least the end of the first day, assuming enough people spend a lot of time being overly industrious.

What kind of world are we going into? Will it be pre-built at all, or standard wilderness?
The test to see if we'd do the server was basically if my computer could run it, as I did originally plan to go with FTB Infinity Lite, and it did! Replacing FastCraft with OptiFine helped quite a bit for me as well, so it might be helpful if we add that to the main post.

There will be a small pre-built spawn building, but otherwise, nothing else is pre-built. The modpack does include the Biomes O' Plenty mod, so there will be a good few non-vanilla biomes hopefully.

Opening another minecraft server, why not. After all, the last one gained heavy popularity
Thanks for all the suggestions, we appreciate them!

Reactions: JtTorso

SirComputer

Rainmaker
Donor
Reaction score
Did the community lost its tag "multigaming"?
as we experiment with providing different Minecraft (and hopefully other game) events
I was playing about with a Terraria server around the same time I played around originally with FTB, so if anyone wants it, or as Danni said, can provide any bright suggestions...

SirComputer

Rainmaker
Donor
Reaction score
Do you guys think that this FTB server will be DOA due to MC's 1.12 release?
For people who stick to just doing multiplayer, we will be using a plugin to allow 1.12 clients to join our 1.11 server for a bit whilst we wait for most of the plugins we need to get updated, so we won't have any flashy 1.12 stuff for a while. If people do singleplayer as well, then I'm not entirely sure. It does depend how much time they want to spend exploring new things, but seeing as it has been released today, hopefully these next couple of days should provide an ample opportunity. If not, if there is a lot of support for moving the day, we can do it. It is a good point to raise though, Psy.

Mastersten

In Omnia Paratus
Reaction score
Any bright suggestions?
I think my ideas are brighter than some "server admin" tagging banned players but sure I suggested several gamingservers including a trackmania server, day Z and a terraria server (a while ago) which were sadly never used

I am planning for more event servers that ARE NOT Minecraft oriented this summer, so listen for that. ;)
Good job great community admin, finally doing your job after months of trolling and funning around

rosekill

Reaction score
I think my ideas are brighter than some "server admin" tagging banned players but sure I suggested several gamingservers including a trackmania server, day Z and a terraria server (a while ago) which were sadly never used
It's almost as if i was one of the people who suggested this server or something.