Friday Gaming Event - 14th & 21st

Deadl0ck

Lord of the Rage
Reaction score
So Minecraft isn't a decent game? 0-0
As much as I enjoy dicking around in it.... No it's not. It's a horrible monstrosity that is made of bad, unoptimized, and poor coding, on a software platform that's absolutely horrible.

if only for the way it kills fans, and overheats computers, no. It's a pile of garbage. Running minecraft eats more resources of my computer then even the newest games do.

Also, Skyrim isn't a good game. Maybe if they put some more effort into character development...

Farcry 3. Now that's a good game!

Malcovent

Geezuslike
Donor
Contributor
Reaction score
Personal view on the matter
I think realistically its all personal opinion. - My favorite games are ALWAYS the story driven ones (Bioshock, Amnesia (even if i am far too scared to complete it).

To compare minecraft to skyrim or, battlefield 3 is an absurd idea in that both are designed for entirely different genres. Minecraft is by far the best in its field - but thats just one of many, many fields and in that respect theres no "best game" (personal favorite is what you meant perhaps :)?)

As for 'upgrading for decent games' again, i think its what your idea of decent is - some people could live forever on a cheap computer and a USB stick with dwarf fortress on. I however don't think I could live without my gorgeous little gaming computer.

Briefly dragging up the subject of macs - it's a mixed bag. Yes its easier because of the fact that, as GmK said it's easier to design for - but on the flipside, the premium pricing means that those looking to buy a gaming PC are far more likely to turn elsewhere than to go to apple, and because of this the rate games will be adapted to Macs will continue to be relatively slow (although it is slowly picking up speed - i imagine linux will beat it to the next punch however since valve are planning to adopt that task.)

With that said - we're going to continue picking games based on windows, because windows is the dominant gaming community and, i should image, makes up more than 95-98% of our community (just a guess but im fairly sure a quick poll would back this up) - as i speak, i still roughly only 11% of games on steam are mac compatible, and while I respect and sympathise for those that want more games native to all platform exists - there are very few played in any significant majority in the community.

With all this said, maybe this is a matter to take to the Gaming sub-forum rather than this post, gentleman.

SoulSoda

Soda for the Soul
Reaction score
Oh that close :3 if yall chose matherson and didn't join the vanu you'd be up against ze voxelbox ^^

JKangaroo

Your Local, Neighborhood Marsupial
Reaction score
We were in terren not vanu...
I don't think you interpreted what he said correctly.
At least... That's what I think.

I believe the Matherson server is close to that of the Waterson server (the server Malcovent picked for this occasion, or one he just already plays on), and if that server was chosen over Waterson, we would, as it was suggested players pick the Terran Republic if they wanted to play in the Blocktopia outfit, then we would, in a sense, be versing the Voxelbox as they would not be on the same team. Terran vs. Vanu, etc etc.
Hence why he said "oh that close," because perhaps the two servers were close together on the server list?

At least, that's what I interpreted, may not be right though.

Malcovent

Geezuslike
Donor
Contributor
Reaction score
Im afraid that due to the fact I'm attending a cousins wedding this friday (21st, spooky!) I'm not going to be able to attend this planetside session. However I will edit the first post with a form since we're planning to expand our operations a bit - drop us your forum name and when I schedule a game i'll drop you a forum Pm with all the details! ^^

Reactions: Haysagar

Txboy1234

Reaction score
Im afraid that due to the fact I'm attending a cousins wedding this friday (21st, spooky!) I'm not going to be able to attend this planetside session. However I will edit the first post with a form since we're planning to expand our operations a bit - drop us your forum name and when I schedule a game i'll drop you a forum Pm with all the details! ^^

Lies, you know it's because it's the END OF THE WORLD. :)

• Disagree
  • Dislike
Reactions: Duffie and Haysagar

Danni122112

The Drunk
Donor
Contributor
Reaction score
I've play Skyrim, and I still think Minecraft's the best game ever made.
I does not think that minecraft is the best game ever made, if it wasnt for blocktopia my interest would have been long gone. What makes Minecraft a game that i never get bored of is all the mods and plugins that gives a great varity in gameplay. The communitys is often way better than other games too.

Anyways back on topic
My computer have a setting when it turn off when it get just a little biit hot, not sure how to fix it, but this do that whenever i play planetside my PC turn of after ca 40 min :L

• Agree
Reactions: Notme and ealev

Pick Yer Poison

is a kid now, is a squid now
Reaction score
Website
itisntrocketscience.tumblr.com
15 People signed to play, going to remove the form tomorrow morning and shoot anyone who signed out a pm trying to organise a time to all play :p

With 15 people in one group we can make a good dent in most battlefields.

edit - upto 17. :p
THASS THA MIGHT A' MURRICA, SON.

WE GOT GUNS AN' WE SHOOT 'EM GOOD.

hihihilolHI

Reaction score
Meh, I didn't read carefully and I'm Vanu :L I'm on waterson, chose it purely by coincidence . Oh well, maybe I'll kill some of you guys, ign: hihihilolHI (duh :p)

Riketr

Reaction score
Ontopic: I don't think my parents are gonna let me play it for another 2-3 years :(
Offtopic: This is an incredible coincidence, but Waterson is my irl last name. :speechless: