Forum Mafia Game - SIGNUPS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alisha

Mafia Host
Mafia Mod
Reaction score
Hello, I have decided to reintroduce the mafia games to Blocktopia. I know there were
games that we tried a while back.
EDIT: Signups are now closed, however you can still sign up to be an alternate.
Rules
The people who sign up for a mafia game are selected as either a mafia member or a civilian. They
may also be assigned to be a power role.(More on those later)
The mafia's objective is to kill enough civilians to where they have an equal amount of their numbers and the civilian numbers.
The civilian's objective is to kill all the mafia members.
There are day and night periods in Mafia, and those will be explained.
Day
In the daytime civilians will select who to vote off, and when a majority has decided on a single person, that person will be lynched and out of the game. The killed person will have their role revealed and have a last statement to the remaining players.
Night
Mafia members will be able to PM each other and decide on ONE person to eliminate from the game. When a decision is reached they will PM the narrator(me in this case). Certain power roles also have the ability to PM me with a decision.

Power Roles:
The Cop: The cop's job is to figure out who is the Mafia. At night, they will send one PM to the narrator saying who they want to investigate. The narrator will reveal the role of the person they investigated. Beware cop, as not being stealthy can have the mafia figure out your true identity! The cop is the exception to the last statement rule. They cannot make a final statement due to them knowing other player's roles!
The Doctor: At night, they can choose one person to SAVE. If the person they save would normally have been killed by the mafia or another power role, said person is saved by the doctor.
The Serial Killer: Serial killers have an alternative goal from everyone else in the game; they want everyone besides them to be eliminated. At night, the serial killer sends the narrator one PM of the person they want to kill for the night.
The Bulletproof Civilian: The bulletproof civilian is able to take ONE extra hit from an attack at night. So if the mafia targeted the bulletproof civilian, the civilian would be spared for one night only. If they targeted the bulletproof civilian again, the bulletproof civilian would be killed. A bulletproof civilian is NOT saved if they are lynched.
The Suicide Civilian: When the suicide civilian is killed, they will take whomever killed them to the grave. In the event they are lynched, they will kill whomever had the last vote for them. If the mafia had targeted the suicide civilian, he will kill a random mafia member(This is to prevent PM arguing!).

I will assign roles using random.org.
If I find a day period is becoming stagnant with few or none people talking, or night roles are not sent to me quickly during a night period, I will send warning PMs. If you do not resume participating in 24 hours, I will replace you or remove you, depending on if alternates are avaliable.
Forum Rules
Be respectful and polite.
ONLY sign up if you think you are able to commit to a game of Mafia. These can take a long time to finish.
Please do NOT talk about the game anywhere else.
Be active! Promote discussion! Make the game intresting for everyone!
You can NOT edit posts. Please make a double post instead to prevent information hiding. (Double posts should be okay in a forum game.)
After you have died and made a last statement, do NOT post in the thread until the game is over. And if you are not in the game, please do not post as well.

I will set the maximum amount of players at 15.
If you want to be an alternate, just say so and I can add you to the alternate list.

Player List:
balloon98
DKnucklehead
killer1525
gamefan__15
Defiant_Blob
Chillingworth
Harmak_Paul
Vatumok
Jolteon42
AngelVW
TheFurion101
DarthLego5679
smelyalata
paceboys

Alisha

Mafia Host
Mafia Mod
Reaction score
First come first served. If you end up not getting a spot in time you can still sign up to be alternate.

I'm going to add a rule or two I forgot, plus update the playerlist. Thread will be updated shortly.

Also, if you want to pretend to be someone other than yourself, go right ahead. Alternate names will be supported. And by someone I mean roleplay.

Alisha

Mafia Host
Mafia Mod
Reaction score
Hmm...I want to go the non-threatening route, but I'm not sure how to approach it.

It is true if this game doesn't work out I would give up on trying to start one here. Being excempt from following
games is not a good idea though.

Got any ideas?

Alisha

Mafia Host
Mafia Mod
Reaction score
Look at that, we're halfway to 15.

I think that between reminder PMs, alternates for people that have to leave, and players knowing this is the one shot at mafia is a lot of precautions. Plus my
news feed would be composed of messages about mafia.

Ooh, I got a good idea. If I feel the discussions are becoming stagnant, I can pose general questions that can get the game going.
(Ex. Who is most suspicious to you right now?)

Also updating a rule concerning The Cop.

Alisha

Mafia Host
Mafia Mod
Reaction score
Great idea Furion, I'll put that as a note when I create the acutal mafia thread.

Also, only FOUR more people need to sign up! We're so close!

Alisha

Mafia Host
Mafia Mod
Reaction score
It seems signups have slowed down a lot. Thirteen people is good regardless.

So what I am going to do is close signups at 4:30 (GMT-6).

Only two more people need to sign up, do it while you still can!

Of course I get typos on my news feed. Meh.

Status
Not open for further replies.