Forum Issues Report Thread

755someone755

Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Not really an issue, but clicking on a profile gives you this: http://puu.sh/eGvvZ/478b6f7ad4.jpg
Gray on gray is kinda hard to read. Also that blue is too dark.

Another not-really-issue: this is how it looks on mobile. Landscape, 720p@4.6", Android Chrome: http://puu.sh/eGvVn/892786d5b2.png
Notice the banners. Now look at how they look on desktop (1080p@23", Windows 8.1 Firefox): http://puu.sh/eGw4L/8008a4cb14.jpg
Don't know if this is connected to the display of the device but I'm including them just in case.

Also this is fucked up: http://puu.sh/eGwsl/234e80d179.png
Users down there are white unless they're staff.
EDIT: This one seems to happen at random -- non-staff are colored for me, for now.

i hope im helping, pls tell me if im not

• Agree
Reactions: Duffie

GmK

International Man Of Cake
Reaction score
The "remember me" check box is missing at log in for mobile.
Yeah I noticed that too, and frankly, have no clue at all why...

The teamspeak sidebar doesn't seem to update(I assume it's intended to?), it's still on the same screenshot as yesterday.
It is updating just fine for me? Just logged into TS, was shown on the teamspeak bar after reloading the page.

Sploorky

Reaction score
Yeah I noticed that too, and frankly, have no clue at all why...

It is updating just fine for me? Just logged into TS, was shown on the teamspeak bar after reloading the page.
Figured it out: Clicking a different page and then clicking back to the home page on the forums doesn't seem to refresh it, but reloading the home page while you're on it does.

GmK

International Man Of Cake
Reaction score
I can't see the new post section or the ts3 section on the sidebar. I don't know if this is a bug or a feature.
It's only visible on the main forum index (the page you start at when entering escaperestart.com / blocktopia.net), not on the forum list view.

This is for technical reasons since we could t show the donations otherwise, buuuut I think I can add the recent post thing there too, just not the TS3 thingy.

Jivvi

Mafia Host
Reaction score
<-- Operator?
My guess is that with horizons being broadened specific titles won't be used for games (incl. Minecraft). That said, you've got a color differentiation and more permissions now (unless Operators can do things like change names too), so it could be a quirk.

edit actually you don't have those perms? no idea. in that case then yeah you just dont matter enough ^^

Also, banners do not appear to display on the profile popup nor one the actual profile of users. I'm not complaining, personally, as they were a bit cluttery and didn't even display well on the old forums, but they could be intended to display there

Last edited:

Malcovent

Geezuslike
Donor
Contributor
Reaction score
Just noticed this, but the View Counter doesn't look like it's working? Here are a few images on threads and the home pages
It's especially noticeable in the Community Motto Submissions Forum.

Correct me if i'm wrong but i think it's just delaying showing the views? E.g, it'll update them every (x) often rather than immediately?

Hunter

Mafia Host
Reaction score
some of the collapsible forum sections don't expand when closed 100% of the time, most noticeable with offtopic and applies to all sections

to reproduce, repeatedly click the little arrow thingies until you get the problem
am on firefox btw

Psycho

Insufficient Data
Donor
Reaction score
Correct me if i'm wrong but i think it's just delaying showing the views? E.g, it'll update them every (x) often rather than immediately?
Yeah, that's what I was thinking of at first. Although, it seems like three of the Community Motto Submission threads (Your World, Suggestions, and Expand Your Horizons) had their view counters updated.

I'll use my thread as an example: What I'm seeing in this screenshot confuses me-- The "GmKBot suggestion..." thread has 17 likes, 12 replies, and 14 views. And when you look into the thread to see the "Users Who Have Read This Thread" the total would be 89 users. And if you look into other threads, you can see the same thing happening where the amount of users that have read the thread is higher than the view count.

Also, what I find weird in the screenshot are the numbers for the Replies and Views. The amount of Views are just one number higher than the Replies.

And don't get me wrong, I could care less about views, but it's just that the numbers don't seem to be adding up so I figured it was a forum problem.

Reactions: Willchill

Lux

The Weeb
Donor
Reaction score
As much as I love the new logo. I think it just doesn't stand out from the background

I think that the logo is something that should stand out since it's the name of the community and divides us from the rest of the communities

Willchill

Blocktopia's Official Octopus
Reaction score
Duplicate "Donate via PayPal" button.

Profile custom banner issue.
If you choose a banner that isn't high enough you will be unable to change it, since it is blocked by the translucent white bit. The red mark represents the mouse position. This seems to only work at certain aspect ratios. If the window's higher than it is wide it won't have the translucent white bar at all. For me it kicks in at approximately 1040x970.

User dislike thing.

The user who gave the dislike is not listed. This may have been because an account which has since been deleted gave the dislike. Jivvi could you confirm DarkHender disliked your post?
UPDATE: Thanks to the post below, we know the account has been made private. I think it should still show that she has disliked the post, however. Why should these be anonymous when normal posts aren't? Seems silly imo.
The post itself.

Last edited:

Jivvi

Mafia Host
Reaction score
Duplicate "Donate via PayPal" button.

Profile custom banner issue.
If you choose a banner that isn't high enough you will be unable to change it, since it is blocked by the translucent white bit. The red mark represents the mouse position. This seems to only work at certain aspect ratios. If the window's higher than it is wide it won't have the translucent white bar at all. For me it kicks in at approximately 1040x970.

User dislike thing.

The user who gave the dislike is not listed. This may have been because an account which has since been deleted gave the dislike. Jivvi could you confirm DarkHender disliked your post?
The post itself.
that'd be because DarkHender made her profile private

edit: it's now gone completely, so depending on when you took the capture it could be the cause of either

Last edited:

Damer_Flinn

Resident Asha'man
Reaction score
No one did report, that there are no user statues at users infoboxes (where their avatars, name, title, etc. are)?

You know you could read them before forum upgrade.
Which info boxes? I can think of three possible ones.

Also (Maybe a tad too soon since it was just announced yesterday, but :p) The TeamSpeak sidebar needs to be redirected to our new one.

• Agree
  • Sad
Reactions: Notme and JtTorso

Ltin

Mafia Host
Reaction score
Tapatalk still thinks we are blocktopia (name shows blocktopia, and the open in Web browser button sends it to a blocktopia.net address.) I searched and didn't find an escaperestart.
Branding.