Forum Issues Report Thread

Hunter

Mafia Host
Reaction score
The layout of our new default theme breaks the old one, which is my guess. I think the layout stays the same but the rest changes and that is incompatible with the previous theme.
afaik theme customization does not affect other theme layout. if the text colors and whatnot were changed for the entire forums, and not just for the theme, that could affect Flexile Fixed.

Malcovent

Geezuslike
Donor
Contributor
Reaction score
The layout of our new default theme breaks the old one, which is my guess. I think the layout stays the same but the rest changes and that is incompatible with the previous theme.
No, the old theme was not compatible with the new Xenforo for various reasons. The current theme had no impact on the old theme. This was stated in my post .

• Informative
Reactions: JtTorso

Hunter

Mafia Host
Reaction score
No, the old theme was not compatible with the new Xenforo for various reasons. The current theme had no impact on the old theme. This was stated in my post .
what about a version of Flexile that-
i'll search for compatible themes. having just one theme defeats the purpose of the style chooser
would rather have multiple layout options available than one heavily customized.

GmK

International Man Of Cake
Reaction score
what about a version of Flexile that-
i'll search for compatible themes. having just one theme defeats the purpose of the style chooser
would rather have multiple layout options available than one heavily customized.
A) Keep this out of the forum issue thread, gosh
B) No
C) There has always been a style choser, but we will only have one style, maintaining more than one style at once is horror, and we will not even attempt it

tyukmn

Esteemed
Donor
Reaction score

(This ^ image has nothing to do with the post I copied it from :/)

The page numbers are hard for me to see, could they be a more contrasting color maybe?
I know this isn't a bug, its just annoying. Or maybe my computer portrays these 3 colors differently than most.

• Agree
Reactions: Velzerat

Psycho

Insufficient Data
Donor
Reaction score
On users that have Profile Covers, some text is hard to read due to the color of the font and the semi-transparent gray block underneath it.
The text that's hard to read says "from", "rawrmynameisrex was last seen", and "A moment ago".
You're able to see that light gray text if you don't have a Profile Cover enabled.

Suggestion: Darker shade of gray for the text.

Damer_Flinn

Resident Asha'man
Reaction score
On users that have Profile Covers, some text is hard to read due to the color of the font and the semi-transparent gray block underneath it.
The text that's hard to read says "from", "rawrmynameisrex was last seen", and "A moment ago".
You're able to see that light gray text if you don't have a Profile Cover enabled.

Suggestion: Darker shade of gray for the text.

Darker shade of gray wouldn't help if it was a different picture. Instead there should be a rectangle of contrasting color added behind the text.

• Agree
Reactions: Hunter and Psycho

Psycho

Insufficient Data
Donor
Reaction score
Darker shade of gray wouldn't help if it was a different picture. Instead there should be a rectangle of contrasting color added behind the text.
Actually, I don't know what I was thinking when I suggested that -- I probably should have said black instead. Maybe the color of the rectangle could be the dark blue that's on the background of our profiles on the left side of this page? Then make it transparent as well. Maybe another color, they'll just have to test it out, I guess.

Jivvi

Mafia Host
Reaction score
Edit* I posted this in the staff section but I'll post it here too since this section is now getting attention.

Couple of nitpicks, for example, in the new profile posts, the amount that shows up are far too many and the text is a lot smaller, it looks really awkward having just this wall of tinier text on the right.

The parts I circled I have small issues with. I'm not really sure what the orange RSS button does as I think it breaks when you click on it, I don't recall if we had this previously but it looks unnecessary.

The little, what I assume are meant to be pages or documents push the titles forward and it looks plain weird, it's on every thread on the portal and I don't get why.

And my fine problem is that the titles of threads are cut off. There's all that space to the right, unless a title is absurdly long then I don't see why the titles should get cut off when it's only another 4-8 characters.

Also there's the bit at the bottom, I think it's for recently replied threads, there's no way to close it/ minimize it like the rest of the forum sections.

I guess these are kinda nitpicks but they were the first thing I saw today and disliked so I figured I'd share my thoughts.
The icons also show the profile of the either latest reply or first unread (can't tell which). Not sure if this is intended, but I recall it being a reported (fixed?) bug on the BT forums.

edit

was viewing davidjl123's profile, and attempting to open the link to one of his old profile opened a tab that wasn't logged in to any account. Not sure how it even might happen but it was odd all the same