Forum Issues Report Thread

W

Wimali

Err, sorry for the double post, but still.

Apparently I can not comment on Bram13's profile posts, the comment is just gone, and there is only the "like" left. Not 100% sure this is a bug or something, but I'll just post it here to be on the safe side.
oh crap I forgot about that oops
(you can comment again now)

• Winner
Reactions: Notme
W

Wimali

When you copy something with formatting from another post, a word/google doc document or any website really, it won't keep the formatting, unlike with the older editor. Perhaps not a very major problem, but felt like pointing it out.

GmK

International Man Of Cake
Reaction score
When you copy something with formatting from another post, a word/google doc document or any website really, it won't keep the formatting, unlike with the older editor. Perhaps not a very major problem, but felt like pointing it out.
Apparently, that's intended behavior in Xenforo 1.2+, since it broke the BBCodes too often.

I also don't like it, but cannot do anything about it :(

• Informative
Reactions: Notme

Jivvi

Mafia Host
Reaction score
Apparently, that's intended behavior in Xenforo 1.2+, since it broke the BBCodes too often.

I also don't like it, but cannot do anything about it :(
can we just copy over BB codes?

Also, my spellcheck for doesn't work because of the right-click suppourt.
(Please don't fix this I need to be less lazy)

GmK

Reaction score
The quotes does not work on my phone, BUT SINCE WE ARE NOT SUPPORTING PHONES, I GUESS IT WONT BE FIXED, RITE
THEY WORK WHEN YOU USE TAPATALK, WHICH IS THE ONLY MOBILE WAY TO USE THE FORUMS WE FULLY SUPPORT, THE REST IS IMPOSSIBLE TO CONTROL SINCE THRE ARE TOO MANY MOBILE BROWERS / ETC, AND TAPATALK IS FREE AND WORKS ON EVERY PHONE (except blackberry, but who would ever use one ^^ )

Swate

Llamasaur!
Reaction score
Website
www.iamawesome.com
I don't know if this has been posted yet, too lazy atm to check C:
If a person has their forums name changed, any likes on status on a user's profile maintain the liker's username even after they have it changed. An example is @Jivvi (hope you don't mind me using you as an example c: ), whose old username was Voraxis. If you go back through his profile, messages other people have posted say "Voraxis likes this," as he 'liked' those comments back when that was his username.
I'm not sure if this happens with ratings on posts, but I know it is so for profile post likes.

GmK

Reaction score
I wouldnt consider that a real issue. Unfortunately we also cannot change that, the forum software has no ability to chge thousands of entries in the database to edit these older messages and stuff.

GmK

Reaction score
It seems when I get tagged, it shows in my alerts box only the time of when I was tagged. I'm also unable to click on the bar to be directed where I was tagged in.
It happens randomly, sometimes when quoted, sometimes when tagged, with no discernible pattern.

I will attempt some updates later this weekend in an effort to fix it!

Notme

Self-Aware Forum AI
Reaction score
Website
escaperestart.com
negative ratings don't appear in the ratings given/received on profiles.
while this was probably intended in the past, there is no point in hiding statistics
It was intended. People couldn't look at these ugly red negative ratings. Also some of them were given unfairly/just to annoy from what I know.