[FIXED] Issues with the server.

Nillbugwtw

Zombier than thou.
Community Admin
Donor
Reaction score
Not sure if this is the place to put it, but would the ops give map makers back there award for that, or would it be a fresh start in terms of having to earn awards back as well?
Since the maps are still present, I see no problem re-awarding that specific award. Other awards, however, will need to be re-won, if you will.

Edit:
Nomasaurus, Sploorky, and RD4life: Since you all had trials going when the server went down, said trials will be extended to 3 days after the server is up again.

• Informative
Reactions: Nomasaurus

Dragon_Friend

Reaction score
I haven't seen anything about the banned list. Will the banned list be the same or will people be unbanned back to a certain date?
Somebody please answer this. Also I have another question. Would everything you have bought and all your points vanish?

Wink

¡Juego de las Pulgas!
Reaction score
Somebody please answer this. Also I have another question. Would everything you have bought and all your points vanish?
You don't play zombie survival much do you? :p

The stats will all be clear'd, so if that's what you meant by points, yes they will go. As for everything you have bought, we have no store <3

Nillbugwtw

Zombier than thou.
Community Admin
Donor
Reaction score
I haven't seen anything about the banned list. Will the banned list be the same or will people be unbanned back to a certain date?
The banned lists were reverted to mid august(for name bans) and early september(ip bans). Damer and I are working on getting bans that occurred after those dates back into the system based off logs we have. There will, no doubt, be a few mixups for people who were unbanned in the last month or two, but hopefully that will be taken care of early on.
tl;dr: Banned list will ideally be the same - permanent bans will stay permanent.

Reactions: Hunter

kraby1

The Big Red Monster From Hell.
Reaction score
No, everyone has 0 in everything.

So instead of choras being no.1 , some newbie might be first now. Poo, my 14k kills.

No.

Also no.

We've decided to reset all player stats, and allow everyone to start with a clean slate - that way, those who have been playing for a long time(or reached their peak around April) won't start out with high stats, while those who joined later will have none.
^

Maxx10680

Reaction score
When I saw that the server was back on I was really happy, then I saw that I lost all my stats and I got really frustrated. I spent more than 1000 hours trying to be the best / having awesome stats and all of this is now gone. Yes I had alot of fun doing that but when I play a game stats are REALLY important for me.

I understand that it would not be fair for players who got most fo their stats after april 2012 but I think setting everyone to 0 is not the solution. I actually have a solution...

Months ago, lava survival had a similar situation where all stats were lost. The staff had a great idea and created a thread where you can say what were your stats before the loss and they would give them back to you. I know that zombie survival does not have commands to give wins/kills but not that hard to code them. I heard that it wont happen but I would like to know why because alot of people spent alot of time to get good stats. Tell me what you think.

:banghead:

Txboy1234

Reaction score
I have to agree with Maxx, I don't have a big issue with this problem but i've seen what resets of stats can do to people. It can make you lose a mass group of people because of this. That's just what I have experianced over time with other games.

Reactions: karl_ravech

James81818

Dat Lsmp Op
Reaction score
Problems would arise with this though. People who don't go on the forums would have to start with no stats while others would have all theirs back. Also, I forget my stats ._.

I really think a fresh start for everyone is the best way to go about it.

• Haha
Reactions: karl_ravech

SmoggyWaffles

Reaction score
There is a problem with player names as well :)
For example, Pigirl and Lordrobin were the last two humans and Lord wad killed by dragonery, but when it pooped up on chat it said Pigirl killed him and then she was the last human. :p

kraby1

The Big Red Monster From Hell.
Reaction score
Well it's either one player gets his stats back or everyone does. The thread wouldn't be such a bad idea, but dunno.

I'm a bit upset about my 800 hours spent on the server, and all my stats, but I think it's time to restart it all.