[FIXED] Issues with the server.

Vatumok

Former CA
Reaction score
As you all know, classic servers were broken because of changes to minecraft.net. While we were trying to fix it the server went boom and almost everything was gone.

Luckily we could find backups so not all that much is lost, the main problem right now is to get the server to work again. It is on the server list but many people are/everyone is not able to connect.

The consequences of the file loss will/can be:
- Loss of titles/ranks ingame.
- Loss of stats in /whois including /timeonline. We've decided to wipe all stats.
- Loss of newer maps that were added to the server. (though these can easily be re-added by downloading them again)
This means nothing too bad is lost, but it might be annoying that some stats may be lost. If you noticed you lost a rank or title just PM a controller or director and you will get it back.

We're currently working on it and we hope to get the server running properly again as soon as possible, though, it's still unknown how long it will take.

In the meantime you can play TNT wars, or one of the awesome BT premiums servers, we're doing our best to get zombies to work asap.

I will keep updating this thread if there's news.

Server is working again, with all player stats reset.

James81818

Dat Lsmp Op
Reaction score
Waaa myyy baby

Seriously though, hopefully it will work again soon, and thank you for keeping us informed about any progress with the servers!

kraby1

The Big Red Monster From Hell.
Reaction score
Well I hope zombie will be alright, and not much things will be lost, because that might upset a few people. I miss the server and I would like to thank for your efforts trying to get it back up online.

• Love
Reactions: MustabearXD

Dess

The UmbreOp
Reaction score
I heard that it was showing up on the list for classic, I will try using that and direct connect via wom. Will report back if possible.

EDIT: Tried it and could get to the connection screen.but no more after that.

kraby1

The Big Red Monster From Hell.
Reaction score
Winx's many kills are going to be gone! Huzzah!

(Happy to see that you're trying to get the server up and running, tbh I don't see why people would be upset with losing stats, I play zombie for the enjoyment c: )
Think about it this way cow: You go to school, you learn about medicine, human body etc, and you have a dream to become a doctor. You BECOME a doctor, then all of the sudden, you are forced to learn everything all over again, the whole 10 or more years of learning, while in zombie case maybe a whole 1000 hours to some people. People will be upset, but what you say is true, it's best to enjoy it. I will probably cry for one day then give over it.

New era of zombie? 4.0? Would be cool.

EDIT: Just noticed I'll loose like 10k kills T.T

I hope people won't quit cause of loosing stats, I know it really sucks but you might be able to get it back :eek:

Reactions: Oviony

Nillbugwtw

Zombier than thou.
Community Admin
Donor
Reaction score
Is there a chance we would keep our stats?
No.

or is it definite all stats go back to April 2012?
Also no.

We've decided to reset all player stats, and allow everyone to start with a clean slate - that way, those who have been playing for a long time(or reached their peak around April) won't start out with high stats, while those who joined later will have none.

Mikey

The Pig
Reaction score
Hello everyone, welcome to the life of Mike, which includes a fun time of losing stats 3 times.

Guys, obviously we put hours of time in, but we will all get over the grave loss. It's not that bad, it gives us all a fresh start too. :p

• Agree
  • Optimistic
Reactions: Swate and Oviony

James81818

Dat Lsmp Op
Reaction score
Not sure if this is the place to put it, but would the ops give map makers back there award for that, or would it be a fresh start in terms of having to earn awards back as well?