[FFA/TDM] Thunder Hill

Discussion in 'Map Submissions' started by Catcocomics, Jan 3, 2018.

1. Catcocomics

Catcocomics Member

Map Name: Thunder Hill
    Map Authors: Catcocomics
    Game Type: FFA/TDM
    Map Worldborder: Self-contained (barrier wall, though sky is exposed to people with fly hacks)
    Download: /warp ThunderHill
    Game Time: Night (may be changed to dynamic if too dark)

Minimum amount of players: 2
    Notes:
    *Set weather to permanent thunder, set biome to desert if rain is an issue.
    *I tried to set up the kits to be kind of like rock-paper skizzors:
    Knight > Rubber - (Rubber has very light armor vs the knight's medium armor)
    Rubber > Thunder - (Thunder's main weapon (the Thunder Bow) is significantly less potent vs Rubber)
    Thunder > Knight - (Knight's iron armor doesn't protect against Thunder's shock arrows very well)
    However, I have no doubt that each kit can kill any other.

*Should Thunder Bow be power 1 or power 2? Needs to be fairly good to counter Knight's 15 armor.

Game Type: Both (minimum 6 players for tdm please)
    Preparation time: 20 seconds
    Round Time: 5-7 minutes
    Spawn Locations: Bedrock pads
    Kits:
    *Thunder Kid - permanent glowing | carries a single 1-minute lingering weakness, though duration may get nerfed.
    *Rubberman - no effects | carries 2 regular swiftness potions, may only have 1 if round is less than 7 minutes.
    *Knight - permanent slowness | carries 2 healing potions and a lesser golden apple.
    All kits have a sword, the weakest (in terms of raw damage) being Thunder Blade.

[kit inventories are in the shulker boxes accompanying the warp point]
    (TDM) Teams: Clouds (black clay spawns) Lightning (gold spawns)

2. ComputerGuy_

ComputerGuy_ AoD Dev and Admin!

• Server Admin
    • AoD Staff
    Hi catco,
    Can you update your thread with screenshots? I have looked at the map and I'll reply with my thoughts soon

3. Catcocomics

Catcocomics Member

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Do you think this terrain is suitable for TDM? if so, does the size warrant a max player capacity, or do we even get enough players for this to be a relevant issue?

4. ComputerGuy_

ComputerGuy_ AoD Dev and Admin!

• Server Admin
    • AoD Staff
    HKCaper could you reply at some point please

I actually like the map myself, I'm quite a fan of more terrain style FFA/TDM maps. The only issue I think with the map at the moment is that there is tall grass around - I'd rather this was removed as hitting grass while trying to hit players can be quite annoying.

The problem is, is whether AoD is even active enough to add the map. Will anyone play it? I'll see what HK says, but I may put the map on hold until (and if) AoD revives itself again to make the map even worth adding

So er +1 for the map

• Thank You Thank You x 1
  5. HKCaper

HKCaper Almighty Mod

• Server Moderator
    • AoD Staff
    Thanks catco for submitting the map (also thanks comp for pinging, since i kept forgetting)

I'll start of by saying I really like the rock-paper-scissor style kits, and I do not see anything too crazy going on there. They are nice kits, and it's a nice idea. The map is quite simple, but Comp seems to like it, and I don't see any reason to go against that. Comp makes a fair point though, the question is, if it is worth adding the map, if it will end up not/barely being played.

+1, as I said the kits are nice, the map is okay. It's gonna be up to comp though if he puts it on hold, since he will be the one who has to implement it.

6. Catcocomics

Catcocomics Member

easy fix, I'll take care of it next time I'm on create (you want all of it gone, or just the double tall?).
    personally, I wish there was a built-in game rule that would make tall grass not obstruct combat, but you know, mojang's issue.

As far as AoD coming back to life goes, well, we might get something of a revival when smp hits.