Declined [FFA/TDM] LanternSQ: Pottery District

Status
Not open for further replies.

Catcocomics

Reaction score
Map Name: LanternSQ_Pottery
Map Authors: Catcocomics
Game Type: FFA/TDM
Map Worldborder: Self-Contained (I seem to make a lot of self-contained maps, huh? would it be possible/wise to expand the world border so it doesn't mess with the intended aesthetics like it does in October Woods?)
Download: /warp LanternSQpottery
Game Time: Midnight
Screenshots: [Same as the mob version]

Minimum amount of players: 2
Jump pads: All in water, all max power
Notes:
*Please remove all shulker boxes in the final map, since they're all either kits or mob shops.
*For FFA version, I may encourage using more masks than just the TDM masks.
*All kit items are from the Mob version.
*Trade some defense for elytra utility.

Game Type: Both
Preparation time: Standard
Round Time: Standrad
Spawn Locations:
FFA: any of the glowstone pads (land and water)
TDM: Team Sushi spawns at the Black Flag and Team Soup spawns at the Blue Flag (no worries, I'll stop with the color confusion on the actual Teams part).

Kits: See the shulker boxes on the roof next to a sign labelled "FFA/TDM" - Both kits get infinite water breathing
(both kits are Identical, except that the Sushi kit has a sushi mask and the Soup kit gets a Soup mask).
(TDM) Teams: Team SUSHI (Black) vs Team SOUP (Dark Red) - ready for some soggy seaweed shenanigans?
Fall damage: That would be silly for the fastest way from the bottom to the top to drain your entire health pool (fall damage off).
Can drown: No, but keep the water breathing anyway to help with water vision.
Lives: Standard + 1 (I guess that makes total 6?)

Just like on the mob version, I'd like to ask if the layout of the map can work for a short, no-chest zombie map (I have kits prepared and everything).

G

Guest35486

Hi Catco, thanks for the map submission.

Like I mentioned in the Mob version of this map, the water will be an annoying aspect in combat. While players can stay on land, the majority of the map is underwater. When a player has to patiently descend or ascend to find a specific player, the gameplay becomes slow and tiresome.

I would also like to mention that having maps for multiple game modes is generally a bad idea. When making a map, it should be designed with the game mode's rules and ideas in mind, not simply changing chests or kits. I'm glad that you're passionate about your maps to try to bring them to other game modes, but the intention of sticking to a specific one is one of the most important aspects in making a map.

Also, I know that there hasn't been a reply to your suggestion thread, but it is currently under discussion. We haven't forgotten about it.

Declined

Catcocomics

Reaction score
Also, I know that there hasn't been a reply to your suggestion thread, but it is currently under discussion. We haven't forgotten about it.
Last I checked, this was because it had been locked from day 1(?) I think I may have also made it sometime after midnight, so it is possible that some parts may need clearing up(?) I think I kind of worry that I confuse people with it.

G

Guest35486

Last I checked, this was because it had been locked from day 1(?) I think I may have also made it sometime after midnight, so it is possible that some parts may need clearing up(?) I think I kind of worry that I confuse people with it.
The thread wasn't locked, but it was something to do with the forum's permissions. It's been fixed now if you would like to make any edits.

Status
Not open for further replies.