Reaction score
Name of your map: Checkered Platforms
Creator(s): _CaptainCake
Map size: 36x36x36
Round time: 10:00
Teams [Red/Blue/Yellow/Green/None]: None
Game type [KOTH/CTF/FFA/MvM/PLR/PL]: FFA
Biome: Plains

Which blocks need to be ob [cannot be destroyed]?: WOOL (all types), LAPIS_BLOCK, EMERALD_BLOCK, GOLD_BLOCK, 152 (Redstone Block), 98 (Stone Brick), 155 (Quartz Block), GLASS, GLOWSTONE, DIAMOND_BLOCK, ENDER_PORTAL_FRAME, BEACON
Please provide the block IDs or the block's full name.

Cannons [obsidian]: # of cannons on your map: None
Jumppads [endportal]: # of jumppads on your map: 8
Boosters [daylight sensor]: # of boosters on your map: None
Item Spawners [chiseled stone brick]: # of item spawners on your map (and what each spawns): None

# of 'None' Spawns: 12
# of 'Red' Spawns: 0
# of 'Blue' Spawns: 0
# of 'Green' Spawns: 0
# of 'Yellow' Spawns: 0
Please clearly indicate where all necessary spawns are located on the map. (I added signs to where each spawn is)

Screenshots: Album here (This is a general overview)

Download link: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/44474754/Checkered Platforms (TNT Map).zip
RED WOOL VERSION: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/44474754/Checkered Platforms (Red Wool).zip

Additional comments: This map may be small, yes, but is designed to be hectic and fast-paced. Spawns are located on the coloured (Red, Blue, Green or Yellow) platforms on the side. There is a large platform underneath and another up top. On the bottom platform there are jump-pads in each corner and 4 in the middle that take you to the upper platform. The entire map is open so be careful to not get knocked off!

smokingkills

The Friendly DoD VetOp
Reaction score
I love the idea of this, very well designed and I think it would be very fun to play on.

The entire map is open so be careful to not get knocked off!
This bit I am not so sure about though, it seems like people could go around knocking each other off in one hit which would lead to more of a sword fight rather than a round of TNT Wars. We could add the boundaries in line with the edges of the platforms which would leave all around the bottom platform open as well as the top layer.

I think this would work well if we change the complete openness, although I understand it needs to be fairly open as that is what the map is about.

CaptainCake

Captain of all things sweet and savoury
Donor
Reaction score
Could the redstone blocks please be changed to red wool, or something else? It is really annoying when you place TNT on it, as it turns into live tnt that is (usualy) harmless.
I have provided an alternate download with red wool instead of redstone blocks now.

Reactions: Danni122112
Reaction score
In my honest opinion this looks... bad. Sorry, but it's EXTREMELY flat, and it would be a pure sword abuse map.

And on such a flap map it just won't really be fun (FourCorners)

Sorry, but I really just think it looks bland, and would have horrible TNT gameplay.