Farore's Silent Realm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Catcocomics

Reaction score
Map name: Farore's Silent realm
Map Author: Catcocomics
Size of Map: 1 run-of-the-mill Build Box plot.
Center of Map: will acquire shortly, unless it's fine as self-contained (Wall of Trees)
Kits:
Survivors:
Hero's Spirit:
A pair of leather boots (dyed: black). Survivors not to remove boots.
Invisibility for 180 seconds
Night Vision for 999999 seconds
Fire Resistance for 999999 seconds
Swiftness 3 for 999999 seconds on second thought, make the survivors'
boots have +60% speed on them.
Hunters:
Guardian (Land):
Full Iron Armor (minus the helmet) and Iron Sword with Sharpness 20
Invisibility for 999999 seconds
Swiftness 2 for 999999 seconds
Guardian (Sky):
Leather Tunic (dyed: white) and Iron Sword with Sharpness 20
Jump Boost 2 for 999999 seconds
Watcher (Land):
Leather Tunic (dyed: white), 3 splash potions of Invisibility 2 for 3 seconds, and a
potion of harming 12
Swiftness 3 for 999999 seconds
Download Link: Found in my second plot on Build Box. Made a new warp, cunningly named FSR. But you can still have some images:

Additional Information:
This map is based greatly off of Farore's Silent Realm (the first silent realm visited) in The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword.
Not only is the map design heavily based off the silent realm, but so is the gameplay.
Basically, spawn is marked by a single diamond block in a small circle of glowstone.
Like the silent realms in Skyward Sword, there are "tears of Farore", which will protect the survivors (to a limited extent) from the hunters by giving a survivor that passes over one invisibility for 90 seconds.
To prevent people from simply camping these "tears", I have added redstone lamps which will light up when a "tear" is activated.
The lava is to replace water, in that anyone who falls in becomes visible (though it is because they are on fire).
The reason that I only gave sky guardians and survivors fire resistance is 1. to help balance land guardians out running survivors, they are not all-terrain. 2. this gives people a little more reason to be sky guardians.
The watcher kit is simply there to be an assist for other guardians by prematurely removing a survivor's invisibility. It has a potion of harming so it can kill itself when it runs out of potions without the use of /kill.
This map is meant to be like tag, but with more strategy and teamwork involved than in typical tag maps.

Breakable blocks: none, not even the grass.
Command blocks: the "Tears" each need a command block set to "Effect @p 15 999999". There are 15 tears, each marked by a different color of wool from orange to black (1 to 15), as there are 15 "tears", just like in an actual Silent Realm.
Also, build time: 90 seconds, to give people time to spread out.

If this new gameplay is good, I will probably make a few more Silent Realm maps, using the same plot.

I may post further information if I had forgotten any during the original post for this thread.

Last edited:
Reactions: froyd
Y

YouWould

Let me start by saying the build is amazing! The only flaw I see is that the branches look a bit too much like they were edited in, but I could care less for that, this is mainly about this:

Guardian (Land):
Full Iron Armor (minus the helmet) and Iron Sword with Sharpness 20
Swiftness 2 for 999999 seconds
Guardian (Sky):
Leather Tunic (dyed: white) and Iron Sword with Sharpness 20
Jump Boost 2 for 999999 seconds
Watcher (Land):
Leather Tunic (dyed: white), 3 splash potions of Invisibility 2 for 3 seconds, and a
potion of harming 12
Swiftness 3 for 999999 seconds
Even though Survivors would mainly be invisible (Something I'm also not too fond of with them just wearing boots) I would really rather Hunters not be able to one-hit survivors outside of tag maps. I do see what you're trying to do, and it's certainly a great idea- I'm just not so sure it'll work.

0 for now.

Last edited by a moderator:

Catcocomics

Reaction score
The point is that it's supposed to be something similar to tag, in that survivors can't fight back and can be 1-shot, but it's more like on-the-run hide-and-seek.
Most AoD maps, tag or no, are rather simple to learn and rarely have anything to them besides running or fighting.
There are some maps that involve something more strategic, like encouraging people to build traps, but this takes it to a new level by AoD standards.

Intended gameplay explained as simply as possible:
For survivors;
you are invisible. you have boots so that it is possible to be seen, but still relatively challenging for people to see you (kind of makes you glad there is grass around here).
However, your invisibility will only last for three minutes when the map starts.
There are 15 points in the map you can use to remain invisible, though it's bad to be near them for very long, for they will light up when you stand on them.
There is also lava. Lava can be good or bad, depending on the circumstances. If you are invisible, I highly recommend staying out of the lava, not that it will hurt you, but that people can see you when you catch fire.
However, if you are already visible, you'll be just as visible when you go into the lava. Also, the speedy land guardians will die if they try treading lava, so it can provide some protection against them. There are also watchers.
Be weary that they don't see you, for they have more range than the guardians.
The watchers can't hurt you, but they can remove your invisibility, allowing guardians to see you.
For Hunters;
You are either a land guardian, a "sky" guardian (though these cannot fly), or a watcher.
If you are a land guardian, your only special ability is being the scariest thing in the map, though you can almost keep pace with the Heroes' spirits.
This is fine, since most of the map, particularly the outside, is flat.
However, lava will kill you, so don't try treading through it; you probably won't get whichever survivor you're chasing if you do so, as lava doesn't care if you have swiftness or not.

If you are a sky guardian, you are the slowest thing in the map.
However, you are also an all-terrain, so you find it easier to climb hills and you can go through lava.
This is your only advantage, since everyone else seems to be a bloody speed-demon.

If you are a watcher, you temporarily forfeit gaining brains, but now you can make the heroes' spirits visible for your friends to see.
You are better able to keep pace with the spirits than even the land guardians, though you aren't needed in places with a lot of lava. It is also a good idea to try and hit multiple spirits at a time as possible, for your only special ability is a low-ranged AoE.
I also recommend people of both teams to use their terrain to their advantage, more so here than elsewhere.

So, tl:dr, this map is supposed to be a more strategy oriented tag, which we may as well refer to as hide-and-seek, though remaining stationary is not recommended.

• Thank You
Reactions: 1 person
Y

YouWould

Hide Spoiler
you are invisible. you have boots so that it is possible to be seen, but still relatively challenging for people to see you (kind of makes you glad there is grass around here).
However, your invisibility will only last for three minutes when the map starts.
There are 15 points in the map you can use to remain invisible, though it's bad to be near them for very long, for they will light up when you stand on them.
There is also lava. Lava can be good or bad, depending on the circumstances. If you are invisible, I highly recommend staying out of the lava, not that it will hurt you, but that people can see you when you catch fire.
However, if you are already visible, you'll be just as visible when you go into the lava. Also, the speedy land guardians will die if they try treading lava, so it can provide some protection against them. There are also watchers.
Be weary that they don't see you, for they have more range than the guardians.
The watchers can't hurt you, but they can remove your invisibility, allowing guardians to see you.

For Hunters;
Hide Spoiler

You are either a land guardian, a "sky" guardian (though these cannot fly), or a watcher.
If you are a land guardian, your only special ability is being the scariest thing in the map, though you can almost keep pace with the Heroes' spirits.
This is fine, since most of the map, particularly the outside, is flat.
However, lava will kill you, so don't try treading through it; you probably won't get whichever survivor you're chasing if you do so, as lava doesn't care if you have swiftness or not.

If you are a sky guardian, you are the slowest thing in the map.
However, you are also an all-terrain, so you find it easier to climb hills and you can go through lava.
This is your only advantage, since everyone else seems to be a bloody speed-demon.

If you are a watcher, you temporarily forfeit gaining brains, but now you can make the heroes' spirits visible for your friends to see.
You are better able to keep pace with the spirits than even the land guardians, though you aren't needed in places with a lot of lava. It is also a good idea to try and hit multiple spirits at a time as possible, for your only special ability is a low-ranged AoE.
Alright, +

Catcocomics

Reaction score
perhaps we should try with 6 minutes, see if that's a good amount.
And just because it's called "Farore's Silent Realm" does not mean I'm going to copy every least detail of Faron Woods from its game like I did with my Comet Observatory build.
The terrain will take on some of the primary elements from the game, though, so you will have things like, well, a giant tree in Farore's, a fiery mountain with lava streams in Din's, and lots of sand and ruins in Nayru's.
I don't know if I will create the Goddess' silent realm, though. I might, and I might not.

asaechao

─═☆The Blue Bird☆═─
Reaction score
And just because it's called "Farore's Silent Realm" does not mean I'm going to copy every least detail of Faron Woods from its game like I did with my Comet Observatory build.
The terrain will take on some of the primary elements from the game, though, so you will have things like, well, a giant tree in Farore's, a fiery mountain with lava streams in Din's, and lots of sand and ruins in Nayru's.
I don't know if I will create the Goddess' silent realm, though. I might, and I might not.
Are you saying you are going to continue on it or not? I don't want a 'maybe,' 'might,' 'might not,' etc. I would like to hear a 'yes' or 'no,' because if you say either of the ones I just mentioned that will mean this is a work in progress and will take long before I and maybe others will vote on it.

Also I think (Sky) Guardians should have at least Swiftness 1 because they'll be very slow compared to Survivors who have Swiftness 3.

• Agree

Catcocomics

Reaction score
The Goddess' Silent Realm will come after Din's (which will be made after Nayru's), if I do make it.
When we get to it, I will have made up my mind.
And I'd like it for you all to count each silent realm as their own map, as that is how they are designed to be.

None of the Silent Realm maps will be submitted until they are complete, and I cannot begin work on one until the one before it has been sent to AoD.

• Informative
Status
Not open for further replies.