Website
escaperestart.com
Reactions: Enderfive

Danni122112

The Drunk
Donor
Contributor
Reaction score
What if the vault has a trap in it and he can't leave?

This is a tactic us from the TNT clan used in that we created traps in which the only way to get out was to kill yourself! Instead of just death, we liked to give them some mental trauma also. ;)
I thought traps that "trapped" you were illegal, basicly like blocking your door in your house when someone was inside.

smokingkills

The Friendly DoD VetOp
Reaction score

This is a tactic us from the TNT clan used in that we created traps in which the only way to get out was to kill yourself! Instead of just death, we liked to give them some mental trauma also. ;)
I thought traps that "trapped" you were illegal, basicly like blocking your door in your house when someone was inside.

I have no idea! One I can remember was used was when someone ended up at the inside of our nether portal, they would then be trapped and be forced to kill themselves, so I suppose, it is not a deliberate trap, just was there to stop people getting in our base by not having their own nether portal.

We didn't specifically make traps that had people stuck, so I guess this is a different ball game to doing what you said.

If someone could shed some light on whether this is illegal, that would be great!

asaechao

─═☆The Blue Bird☆═─
Reaction score

I have no idea! One I can remember was used was when someone ended up at the inside of our nether portal, they would then be trapped and be forced to kill themselves, so I suppose, it is not a deliberate trap, just was there to stop people getting in our base by not having their own nether portal.

We didn't specifically make traps that had people stuck, so I guess this is a different ball game to doing what you said.

If someone could shed some light on whether this is illegal, that would be great!
You guys are referring to 2 different SMPs.

unless there was a tnt clan in jte I never heard of..

Smoking is referring to SMP 4 (Full-PvP One) and Danni is referring to JtE. I remember that in SMP 4, if you got stuck in a portal you either kill yourself, or break a block to get out of the portal, then replace the block, while you go back through the portal (this was legal to do if you replaced the block you broke and went back to the portal.) I don't remember if traps were illegal/legal in SMP 4, though, but assuming that Marnixxie and KingSam were Controller(s) at the time, it must have been legal to do that trap, Smoking, making all traps legal.

In JtE, traps were illegal in PvE World, but legal in PvP Zone (not counting Nether.)

Danni122112

The Drunk
Donor
Contributor
Reaction score

You guys are referring to 2 different SMPs.

unless there was a tnt clan in jte I never heard of..

Smoking is referring to SMP 4 (Full-PvP One) and Danni is referring to JtE. I remember that in SMP 4, if you got stuck in a portal you either kill yourself, or break a block to get out of the portal, then replace the block, while you go back through the portal (this was legal to do if you replaced the block you broke and went back to the portal.) I don't remember if traps were illegal/legal in SMP 4, though, but assuming that Marnixxie and KingSam were Controller(s) at the time, it must have been legal to do that trap, Smoking, making all traps legal.

In JtE, traps were illegal in PvE World, but legal in PvP Zone (not counting Nether.)
No. Im reffering to the various SMP's before JtE. I think it was "A dick move" to trap a player just to trap him, the netherportals part is right. I asked this specificly to the director at the time, and I remmember that the traps that trapped you were illegal. The traps that killed you, however were legal (lava, fall etc...). Again this is SMP 4.

And if that is the "Trap" smoking is reffering to I understand it better x)

EDIT:

Can we get a clarification on whetever traps that simply traps you will be legal, and then, would it be legal to block your door if someone enter?

Enderfive

sarcasm incarnate
Mafia Host
Reaction score

Yeah, I too have no idea about this. Just to be on the safe side, I'm not gonna do them, but as you already said, it would be nice to get a clarification.

cheatyface

Developer
Developer
Contributor
Reaction score
so maybe its my arrogance that is getting in the way but,

if griefing is not allowed, why cant you guys just put on a plugin like GriefProtection on
i think all it does not having it on the server is make it harder for players because once they DO get griefed they'll have to wait until an op refunds them or rebuilds their home

if you put a plugin like that on, players can autoclaim their areas and do what they like with it and not have to worry, and all you guys need to do is enable button-pressing and door opening, and chest access stuff
If anything, they ought to see if lockette is updated and use that. Lets people put signs on their chests, putting the names of people allowed into the chest on the sign and locking everyone else out. But that kills raiding 100%.

• Agree
Reactions: Enderfive

Danni122112

The Drunk
Donor
Contributor
Reaction score

if griefing is not allowed, why cant you guys just put on a plugin like GriefProtection on
i think all it does not having it on the server is make it harder for players because once they DO get griefed they'll have to wait until an op refunds them or rebuilds their home

if you put a plugin like that on, players can autoclaim their areas and do what they like with it and not have to worry, and all you guys need to do is enable button-pressing and door opening, and chest access stuff
If anything, they ought to see if lockette is updated and use that. Lets people put signs on their chests, putting the names of people allowed into the chest on the sign and locking everyone else out. But that kills raiding 100%.
You might as well make raiding illegal if you add Lockette.

DrGemMiner

Reaction score
More questions I thought of today:

Q: Is there a way to have a group of people playing together as a 'clan' or 'guild' or 'group/party' system, but not in a village (ex: a group of wandering merchants, or just a mercantile guild/insert profession here guild) without having to be identified as a village?
Q: What efforts will be made to keep the server as lore-friendly as possible? (i.e. the nether rollercoaster not being very lore-friendly to JtE in my opinion)
Like a Khajiit caravan XD?

nitasu987

Reaction score
More questions I thought of today:

Q: Is there a way to have a group of people playing together as a 'clan' or 'guild' or 'group/party' system, but not in a village (ex: a group of wandering merchants, or just a mercantile guild/insert profession here guild) without having to be identified as a village?
Q: What efforts will be made to keep the server as lore-friendly as possible? (i.e. the nether rollercoaster not being very lore-friendly to JtE in my opinion)
Like a Khajiit caravan XD?

yes, like that :D I'm still deciding whether to join you or CTY, not sure XD

Nottykitten

Nomnomnom kitteh!
Reaction score
Wait when is the server actually opening? Haven't read it anywhere in official threads or anything.
I think[and hope] today. I'm unsure if its true, but they said this in the announcement thread:
Approximate Release Date:
At this time, we have still not locked down the exact time of release, for we are still implementing new features released with 1.7, and waiting for plugins to update. We are currently shooting for sometime next week, preferable Friday, November 1st.
I haven't heard anything else so I assume it's this.
Edit: I just heard Bukkit isnt updated yet. So might not be today D=

cheatyface

Developer
Developer
Contributor
Reaction score

You might as well make raiding illegal if you add Lockette.
Not necessarily, but close enough. Block protection would do the same really. Either you remember to lock your chests, or you don't.

superstein

Ex-Admin
Contributor
Reaction score
Will villages be charged taxes on the land they maintain? For example will they have to spend money everyday maintaining the land they own or will land purchases be simply a one off purchase where if you buy it you own it forever?
Nope, own it forever.

Will villages be charged taxes on the land they maintain? For example will they have to spend money everyday maintaining the land they own or will land purchases be simply a one off purchase where if you buy it you own it forever?
Ooo, I like the idea of renting land. Maybe buying land could be even more expensive. :O

... Not saying it's implemented, or should be, just that I quite like that idea. xP

Q: Will you need a certain amount of people to create a village chunk (or even expand it), or can one person do it all by themselves?
One person, though I presume it will be awfully hard. :p

Are we allowed to make traps to kill others?

Can we kill those in PVP zones when standing in a PVE zone?
Traps - probably should clear it by staff, but some things will be alright.

It's possible to do so, but I would prefer not to :S Though if someone is camping, I guess it would be somewhat acceptable. Though as a rule of thumb, try to avoid it.

Out of curiosoty, Could this incident happen: A raider gets into a vault, but due to village PvP protection, he cant actually be killed?
It could happen, but the moment he gets out of that protection he can't expect to get away unharmed!
Yeah, I too have no idea about this. Just to be on the safe side, I'm not gonna do them, but as you already said, it would be nice to get a clarification.
It really does vary by situation, because while trapping is an effective way to kill players you could also keep them in there like a pet until they use /kill which makes killing as easy as placing one block. If you're trapped, you should call upon a staff member, but in the short-term it is alright. Portal traps are illegal (blocking them in the portal without space on the sides so they can not log out)

persian_pig

Reaction score
Can I get topians without selling items to other players? Ex. I turn one of my diamonds into --- topians.

D

Deleted member 4601

Will we be able to claim land for villages in the nether?

superstein

Ex-Admin
Contributor
Reaction score
will there be any limiting factors on the amount of land a town may own or will it just simply be really expensive?
There will probably be a limit, but you can still get a pretty large area.

Can I get topians without selling items to other players? Ex. I turn one of my diamonds into --- topians.
You will be able to sell to the shop.

Will we be able to claim land for villages in the nether?
Yup!