EscapeRestart Statistics Dashboard

ChocoFox

Mafia Host
Reaction score

Hello everyone!

Recently, being an amateur programmer, I decided to write a simple dashboard for EscapeRestart.

After 13 days later, I'm proud to say that the dashboard is finally ready. In this thread I'll do a bit of introduction into to some of the stuff that's in the dashboard as well as take this opportunity to thank those who helped me and made this all possible.

Introduction

Dashboards are basically live info-graphics. Companies use them to keep track of their stock, equity and profitability, to name a few.

As for EscapeRestart, I decided to track down some information about the player activity, votes and some others.

Thus, using Google Apps Script and some other tools, I've managed to create THIS.

Credits

I would like to thank the following people for their contributions; without you guys this project would never have taken off.

1. Vatumok - thanks for consistently giving me feedback to improve the dashboard and hear my rant on Discord when code didn't work. <3

2. MoshaYosha - thank you for drawing a dashboard skeleton so that we could organise it accordingly! :)

3. Energyxxer - I've never seen a more experienced HTML/CSS programming guru like you. Thanks for helping me rearrange my page and make it look much more presentable! You are truly amazing. :D

4. SirComputer & Ogarci - thanks for all the motivation and encouragement! :woot:

5. Psycho - thanks for the feedback! :dance:

6. Notme - you're an inspiration! Your spreadsheet on the organisation of EscapeRestart inspired me to do this! :bounce:

Last notes

- If you guys find any bugs or have any suggestions please send me a PM and I'll take care of it.
- Is there any chart which you'd like to see added? Take a look at the charts I can use here and send me a PM!

Last edited:

Lux

The Weeb
Donor
Reaction score
This is actually really awesome, would be cool to see this somewhere offical on the forums ;)

(I like how you can see when the darkrp staff are doing work on the server)

ChocoFox

Mafia Host
Reaction score
You should ask the CA's if they can link your dashboard somewhere in the GameServers tab!
This is actually really awesome, would be cool to see this somewhere offical on the forums ;)

(I like how you can see when the darkrp staff are doing work on the server)
I'll let them know! Ogarci, Nillbugwtw.

EDIT: Also, I forgot to mention in the main thread -- now you guys have the data, remember to drop, rock and VOTE.

http://escaperestart.com/forum/pages/VoteHere/

ChocoFox

Mafia Host
Reaction score
Just one user leaving the server between that time.

I think this discord count graph would be better on a timescale of like a week rather than some hours.
I agree but I currently only have 2 days worth of data on the Discord bit. I only started collecting the Discord data around 3 days ago but I started collecting the player count and votes data more than a week ago. I'll change the discord graph to diurnal when I have at least 5 days' worth of data.