EscapeRestart DarkRP | Soon™

Hex

Keyboard & Tech Content Creator
Donor
Reaction score
Website
hexical.me

I am VERY happy to announce that I will be the lead developer of our new Garrys Mod DarkRP Server.

What?! When was this announced?

Right about now. ;):p

What is DarkRP? What do you do?

DarkRP is a roleplaying gamemode on Garrysmod. It mirrors living in a corrupt city, full of jobs of all different types. You've got Gangsters, Thieves, Police, S.W.A.T, and other jobs. Every job has its own unique loadout they spawn with, like Police spawn with a weapon and arrest batons, while Thieves will spawn with Lockpicks and Keypad Crackers. The default job is Civilian, which spawns with nothing significant besides the default gmod loadout.

The main idea behind DarkRP is that you pick a job and roleplay, or act, as that character. For example, when playing as a cook, you wouldn't arrest a gangster for robbing a gun store. If you were playing as a police officer (by default, the job is listed as "Civil Protection") then it would be your duty to arrest the gangster if he broke city laws. When playing, you should act as if it were real life. Suppose a gangster holds a gun up to your head, and tells you to give him money. In real life, there are no respawns, and you would probably comply and give him some money. In DarkRP, you should act the same as you would in real life, even though the gamemode does have respawns. You act as your character would.

How long until the server is public?

I'm gonna say give me two weeks max for me to make sure EVERYTHING is good to go and ready for public use. I don't want to be releasing a half-arsed server. In those following two weeks I will be releasing rules, adding staff applications, and just giving out more general information. I will be ironing out bugs in the server, and adding a little but more content while all of this is being done.

EDIT: Since SMP is coming out in a week, I will be releasing after SMP. I will release the official release date this week.

How can I help?

I will make a suggestions thread soon, probably in a couple of hours. If you have any ideas that you think would improve the server, go ahead and throw them into the suggestions thread once it's all done. If you want to staff, I will be setting that up soon also, and you can apply once those are up.

Closing Statement

I hope you all will enjoy what is to come soon! I have been working on this for a while now privately to myself. I will plan on updating and adding new things religiously, to ensure it never loses its shine. Server information will be posted once it is up!

Also, first.

Last edited:

Hex

Donor
Reaction score
Website
hexical.me
A darkrp server? This is gonna be fun, lets hope it doesn't turn into a shitfest like the other darkrp servers are
Reason why i made one about a year and a half ago is because i hated the shitfest of other servers. I'll ensure that doesnt happen with reliable and active staff, and relaxed but formal rules.

pecks7

Reaction score
How many mods/addons will be on the server?

I've got a very high internet speed; 3Mb/s and it definitely doesn't fail to load anything ever

Dino

Reaction score
Hey baby girl, just wanted to say I'm EXITED to play on this server. I know my big daddy Hexical will do a great job, and work really HARD.

Reactions: Lux, Zelz and Hex

Hex

Donor
Reaction score
Website
hexical.me
so it is going to be opened today?
I was planning on releasing after SMP, because everyone will be playing that. I've pretty much got everything done on my end besides a few tweaks that I have left from testing stuff. I'll be announcing the official release date most likely this week.

Sorry about the delay, I completely forgot about the SMP in my excitement.

Reaction score
I was planning on releasing after SMP, because everyone will be playing that. I've pretty much got everything done on my end besides a few tweaks that I have left from testing stuff. I'll be announcing the official release date most likely this week.

Sorry about the delay, I completely forgot about the SMP in my excitement.
That is fine.

if you need testers, i'm up for it.

• Thank You
Reactions: Hex
Reaction score
Can't wait for the release date and then the actual release!
DarkRP is my second favorite gamemode. TTT is my first!

i just damn hope you can have custom jobs and computers

Reactions: Hex