Minecraft EscapeRestart: 25 Days of Festivity

G

Guest35486

Christmas SMP (17-24) - A Christmas SMP at lobby.escaperestart.com starting at 2 PM GMT with a custom plugin for festive fighting. Join us for a small, tasty, and deadly SMP, where players are encouraged to enjoy throwing snowballs, eating gingerbread men and fruitcake, and washing it all down with some tasty eggnog! When you've had enough eggnog, have a look for some presents or get feisty and steal them from your friends!

Movie Night Poll (17) - Vote for the movie to watch on the 24th of December!

Golf with Your Friends (20) - Compete in three classic rounds of Golf with Your Friends for points! But we'll also play some custom rounds after that for fun, because that's fun. (Message me privately if you want to participate for points but cannot make it at this time. I will host a second round, but with no additional rounds afterwards.)
Room name: EscapeRestart | Password: escr | Region: EU | Time: 8 PM GMT

Cards Against Humanity (21) - Join us in some rounds of Cards Against Humanity at 9 PM GMT. There will be Discord text and voice channels set up for the event!

Hunger Games (22) - Compete in a Christmas themed Hunger Games event against other tributes at 9 PM GMT! May the odds be ever in your favour. More information here!

Capture the Flag (23) - (Minecraft) Survival CTF event! Split into teams Red and Blue, with 10 minutes to prepare. You can break and place blocks, creating defenses to stop the other team from capturing your flag! The event will be going on throughout the evening, so even if you can't make the opening, come along anyway! Opening after the Community Meeting at 8:15 GMT! Connect at lobby.escaperestart.com and join through the AoD sign!

---​

Results from today's Create Speedbuild:​

1st: HKCaper
2nd: Unusual_dude
3rd: Catcocomics
4th: TheWeakGuy48
5th: Bhyldir
6th: Runemen4
7th: Foggy2406
8th: Swift_Siren
9th: froyd

Special thanks to FreakyCupcake for hosting it!

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: HKCaper

cheatyface

Developer
Developer
Contributor
Reaction score
For people interested in the SMP, here's a quick rundown of the custom plugin changes:
- Snowballs put an animal on the targets head, and cause a little bit of damage.
- Cookies renamed "gingerbread man" give you a speed 2 bonus for 2.5 minutes, and for 5 minutes you have a 15% chance to spawn a snow golem on your spot instead of taking damage.
- Cake renamed "fruit cake" gives you slow 2 and regen 2 for 2.5 minutes, and for 5 minutes your snowballs do extra damage.
- Milk buckets renamed "egg nog" help things get out of control.
- In all cases where things are renamed, the plugin strips out spaces and converts to lowercase. So capital letters and spaces won't matter, just get the right letters.
- Killing things has a chance to spawn a chest with some random goodies in it. This includes players, but with a cooldown so you can't farm it. There's a very wide variety of items to find in these chests, including the festive goods, so get them!

On top of that, if you like mining, we've increased the underground ore count "a bit". The map is small to encourage fighting though, so be ready. Enjoy!

Notme

Self-Aware Forum AI
Reaction score
Website
escaperestart.com
For people interested in the SMP, here's a quick rundown of the custom plugin changes:
- Snowballs put an animal on the targets head, and cause a little bit of damage.
- Cookies renamed "gingerbread man" give you a speed 2 bonus for 2.5 minutes, and for 5 minutes you have a 15% chance to spawn a snow golem on your spot instead of taking damage.
- Cake renamed "fruit cake" gives you slow 2 and regen 2 for 2.5 minutes, and for 5 minutes your snowballs do extra damage.
- Milk buckets renamed "egg nog" help things get out of control.
- In all cases where things are renamed, the plugin strips out spaces and converts to lowercase. So capital letters and spaces won't matter, just get the right letters.
- Killing things has a chance to spawn a chest with some random goodies in it. This includes players, but with a cooldown so you can't farm it. There's a very wide variety of items to find in these chests, including the festive goods, so get them!

On top of that, if you like mining, we've increased the underground ore count "a bit". The map is small to encourage fighting though, so be ready. Enjoy!
Is Nether/The End enabled on it?

Catcocomics

Reaction score
Found pit by NPC village with a no-AI glowing giant zombie, a bunch of vindicators, and an illusionist.
Went in to investigate and can't get out now because I didn't bring respiration, and the only way out is ~30 blocks straight up of a 1x1 single-source waterfall.
I was safe on a ledge, but I had to emergency-log once the illusionist shot me, somehow flinging me a mile forward off the ledge and down to the vindicators.

Requesting emergency TP or other form of staff assistance at next available time.

• Sad
  • Useful
Reactions: Rune and Notme

SirComputer

Rainmaker
Donor
Reaction score
Due to unforeseen circumstances, Danni is unable to hold the Cards Against Humanity event tomorrow. Instead, I will be hosting the event - tomorrow, 9pm GMT, as scheduled. There will be no custom decks, but there will be everything a normal game would have. I enclose Danni's message below. I'll be releasing links etc on the forums and Discord tomorrow, so we'll keep you tuned on that!

I mean, I'm not the greatest Danni replacement, so sorry, but it's the best we could do. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

See you tomorrow!
-SirC

Hello everyone!

I am very sorry, but due to some unforeseen circumstances I will have to cancel [be unable to attend] the Card Against Humanity tomorrow.

I have been very busy the last days, both with SMP and the Hunger Games server, both taking way more time than first anticipated. Some things have also come up which would most likely make be unable to attend the event itself.

I will be spending what time this will free up working on the Hunger Games server to make sure we can provide the best event possible.

I would still like to host an event with a custom community card deck in the future, I think I have around half the deck already made, and I will post a google form where I can get suggestions from the rest of you at a later point.

Last edited:

Notme

Self-Aware Forum AI
Reaction score
Website
escaperestart.com
It's easy to find. Just look for Beaconhead the eyeball.
Found that right after I posted right at my base, that is nearby village close to center of map.
You utilized my pit that I did and caused trouble to Catcocomics few posts above :p
I dug this pit as I noticed some white mob when digging towards center of map.
Forgot to edit post :p

Last edited:
G

Guest35486

Movie Night (24) - Watch The Polar Express with the community at 8 PM GMT! The link will be edited in (it's over, thanks for joining us!) and announced on Discord! Popcorn not included. (Sorry)

Present Hunt (25) - Search for 5 presents in our Minecraft lobby at lobby.escaperestart.com and take F5 screenshots of you standing next to each. Send them to Arelic via Discord DMs or forum PMs once you do to receive some points! The hunt begins at 12 AM GMT and ends at 11:59 PM GMT! (Running the whole day)

Art Competition Decision (25) - The art competition closes at 7 PM GMT and results will be announced at 9 PM GMT. Points will be distributed to every participant. Thank you all for all the amazing submissions so far, you're all honestly incredible.

---

Results from Golf with Your Friends:​

1st: Aqua
2nd: Nottycat
3rd: HKCaper
4th: Arelic
5th: Inffy
6th: Foggy2406
7th: Mooglie

---

Results from Hunger Games:​

1st: Hipmeow
2nd: Nottycat
3rd: Runemen4
4th: tnmjimbob
5th: Foggy2406
6th: froyd
7th: Roboi
8th: Major_Bryan
(HKCaper got 1st place for the bonus round, so he won an additional 3 points)

Special thanks to Danni and ComputerGuy_ for setting it up, as well as those who helped with the event!

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Aqua and HKCaper
G

Guest35486

Present Hunt!

There are five presents located in the lobby. (The one at spawn doesn't count.) Take F5 screenshots of you standing next to each present and send them to me on Discord or through a forums PM. Both you and the present must be visible! Each present will give you 1 point, but if you find all of them, you will receive an additional 3 points! (8 points in total!)
The event starts now and ends at 11:59 PM GMT!

(no you don't have to go up the insanely hard parkour) and special thanks to jackamel for the Christmas lobby!

Any questions? Leave them below or message me!​

Reactions: Danni122112
G

Guest35486

Art Competition Results!
With the help of two other judges, from 1st to 8th:
Faliara

Aqua

Fog

HKCaper
A Winter Sonnet -by hk
A single snowflake whirls down from the sky,
Dragooned by icy winds it falls below.
A Cloak of snow conceals the world so nigh,
While Winter’s wrath afflicts a numbing blow.
Now surreal states provoke the time to freeze,
And snowstorms rage on causing burning blight.
Obscure unknowing burdens thought unease,
Once bright soon dimmed by an eternal night.
But laughter breaks the silence with great grace,
And Christmas carols gift the mind repose,
And kind flames dance around the fireplace,
As a warm sweater wraps around me close.
For passion melts the sorrow swift away,
For heartfelt love shall brighten dark and day.

Zel

Freaky

Notty

Ravi

And to the rest of the submissions: they were all fantastic, but unfortunately we could only pick eight. Points will be distributed and the overall placement will be released tomorrow.
Thank you all for submitting, you're all honestly incredible!​

G

Guest35486

A sincere thank you to everyone who participated. We hope that you enjoyed this month of events. I'll be contacting the winners to sort out prizes shortly.

Here are the individuals that made this possible:​

ComputerGuy_ (Winter AoD, Bed Wars, Hunger Games, Capture the Flag)
Danni122112 (Christmas SMP, Hunger Games, Prizes)
Infected_alien8 (EpicMafia, 7 Days to Die)
FreakyCupcake (Create Speedbuild)
Jolterino (Christmas SMP, Prizes)
cheatyface (Christmas SMP)
Hex (7 Days to Die)
Robo (Movie Night)
tnmjimbob (Prop Hunt)
jackamel (Christmas Lobby)
SirComputer (RoF Deathrun, Cards Against Humanity)
Arelic (Organizer, Art Competition, Karaoke, Golf with Your Friends, Present Hunt)​

Happy holidays!