Episode 2 - The City. Discussion Thread.

Lee_scar

Geezuslike
Donor
Reaction score
I'm poiting at the big-blue marked 'home' sign which could indicate to an actual home for them.
But by this time everyone has seen it anyway, so it's useless to take it off.
What home? All that's at the place dude had waypointed was a big crater o.o unless he was living in a big blown up place :confused:

DarthLego5679

That n00b.
Reaction score
Website
store.steampowered.com
Accidentally joined it the other day, but I'm loving it.
One thing I have a questions about: Has this ever happened to you?
Joined, had the usual goodies, nothing unusual.
Went exploring the sewers, looking for useful things.
I climbed a ladder up and out of the sewer.
Upon reaching the top, I turn and see approximately 5-6 active TNT right in front of the next building over.
They exploded.
Fortunately, I survived(Being far enough away from the blast).
Has this(Active TNT magically appearing) happened to anyone else? Curious to see if it is a map feature, or other *cough* Iguana/other High SMP staff *cough* having fun.

Lee_scar

Geezuslike
Donor
Reaction score
Accidentally joined it the other day, but I'm loving it.
One thing I have a questions about: Has this ever happened to you?
Joined, had the usual goodies, nothing unusual.
Went exploring the sewers, looking for useful things.
I climbed a ladder up and out of the sewer.
Upon reaching the top, I turn and see approximately 5-6 active TNT right in front of the next building over.
They exploded.
Fortunately, I survived(Being far enough away from the blast).
Has this(Active TNT magically appearing) happened to anyone else? Curious to see if it is a map feature, or other *cough* Iguana/other High SMP staff *cough* having fun.
By any chance were the sewers you were exploring lit up with torches and having random wool down there?

DarthLego5679

That n00b.
Reaction score
Website
store.steampowered.com
By any chance were the sewers you were exploring lit up with torches and having random wool down there?
No, they were completely uninhabited. No torches/wool/etc.
Now, I could believe it if I had seen TNT there beforehand. I didn't, which is the reason why I asked.

I've yet to see any signs of life besides me. (Monsters don't count)

Lee_scar

Geezuslike
Donor
Reaction score
No, they were completely uninhabited. No torches/wool/etc.
Now, I could believe it if I had seen TNT there beforehand. I didn't, which is the reason why I asked.

I've yet to see any signs of life besides me. (Monsters don't count)
I think maybe someone was stalking you then ha because ive only sweet tnt near my home

IQD

why we can't have nice things
Contributor
Reaction score
Inhabiting a construction site, sharing with two unnamed individuals nearby. I supply them with food and records at no cost mostly because I feel like it. Expressing distaste for fragile buildings by pyromaniacal explosive means. Fully equipped for future, and sleeping with a weapon at all times. Do not wish to be jumped in bed. By a zombie, I mean. Or my comrades. Not a thrilling prospect. Nonetheless, have been very successful so far.

READ THIS POST IN A FOREIGN ACCENT

Reactions: Duffie

Araidian

The Lucario
Reaction score
Agree or disagree to this post:

Cityworld giving a very epic lost feeling of grandeur and a lost civilisation: Yay or Nay?
I love the architxture of the buildings and how they support for having little landscape to work with. (Clay/sand buildings to accomidate a desert.)
But after seeing endless city, it feels more like you are walking around an entire continant then just a city :C

Notme

Self-Aware Forum AI
Reaction score
Website
escaperestart.com
I love the architxture of the buildings and how they support for having little landscape to work with. (Clay/sand buildings to accomidate a desert.)
But after seeing endless city, it feels more like you are walking around an entire continant then just a city :C
4x4 kilometers sized cities are umm... realistic.

All SMP cities are VERY small comparing to IRL cities.

• Agree

Friendy

SMP Overlord & Events Manager
Admin
Donor
Survival Staff
Reaction score
4x4 kilometers sized cities are umm... realistic.

All SMP cities are VERY small comparing to IRL cities.
They are not realistic, as they are repeatedly pasted buildings, or randomly generated copies of the buildings everywhere, no greenery, nothing that a real city would have, even with the radiation. Imo It's a bit too big as for the city as It gets boring sitting there by yourself in a city that you get lost in if you didn't use co-ordinates.

It only becomes fun when you find civilization that you either taunt by anonymously raiding or joining.

• Agree

Duffie

Reaction score
Website
duffieshirayuki.deviantart.com
Imo It's a bit too big as for the city as It gets boring sitting there by yourself in a city that you get lost in if you didn't use co-ordinates.

It only becomes fun when you find civilization that you either taunt by anonymously raiding or joining.
Now you know how people in an actual Post-Apocalyptic City feel.

cheatyface

Developer
Developer
Contributor
Reaction score
I find the city kinda boring. All the buildings are completely empty, which I think takes away some of the fun of exploring an empty city. I like the sewer system quite a bit, some of the mob spawners are very deadly while others are a complete joke, but the random rooms are nice. I like how some of them have brick doors and others iron bars, so sometimes you can see what you're about to open and sometimes you can't.

I've so far found: enderman, spider, poison spider, silverfish, creeper and pig zombie spawners. Enderman and pig zombie are useless, because I don't attack them :p. Poison spider and silverfish are insanely dangerous, because those mobs fit through a 1 block hole (I had a close call with both, only got hit once by the poison spider but the poison took me down to 1 heart, and there were about 15 silverfish spawned by the time I opened that room).

As far as treasure goes, I've been fairly lucky I think. 2 diamond swords, 2 diamond picks, 2 diamond chestplates, 2 diamond hoes, a buttload of gold and iron stuff (swords, axes, armor, etc), 4 or 5 powered minecarts (idk what I'm going to ever do with them?), a map, a saddle, 3 buckets of lava, and various other things. Only found 2 redstone so far, but that made me a radio tower. It's boosted to the max 550m, anyone who gets the message is free to use my place to live, just don't get all stealy on the chests (there's lots of free food!).

Also, made a nether portal and a fishing pool. I can't seem to make fishing rods myself, but found one in a chest, so I can get raw fish for now. I haven't been through the nether portal yet, and probably won't take the chance of dying on the other side, for now at least.

Overall, this has been the easiest solitude experience so far. It's interesting how the city changes what's rare (coal, anyone?), but I'm still a little disappointed with the empty buildings. They could at least have some rooms.

• Agree
Reactions: Friendy and Duffie

Friendy

SMP Overlord & Events Manager
Admin
Donor
Survival Staff
Reaction score
Get Primordia, smash it up a bit. Get everyone to plant TNT everywhere and then HCs can blow it up and transform it into a Solitude map, sounds great.