Other Epicmafia Disguiser Game Night

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
(Image created by Arelic)

Hey everyone,

we're going to be playing some Epicmafia Disguiser game this Friday evening (13th October).

It's like Mafia/Werewolf but there's one mafia and everyone else is vanilla town, and each night the one mafia kills someone and takes their name, and the town have to try to work out who is actually secretly mafia in disguise and lynch them. We'll make a rule of no meta questions (i.e. you can't be like "hey bob, what's the show we watched together last night" and then prove bob is mafia when he gives you the wrong answer) so that it stays fair, but it's just going to be some light fun really.

We'll have a discord channel open (#Epicmafia) where we'll post the link to each game along with the password and just keep playing until everyone gets bored or leaves. We'll also have a voice chat channel but remember to keep your typing quiet so that people can't associate your typing with your character in the game!

Each game will probably last 5-20 minutes, but maybe more, depending on the amount of people playing. If you have to leave during a game it's no big deal, so come along and have some fun!

We'll start playing games at 8:30pm BST (GMT +1 - convert your timezone here) so if you want to catch the first game, meet on the discord channel, otherwise just hop in on the next game whenever you want. Feel free to join a game in progress to spectate too.

Oh and in order to play, you'll need to create an account on Epicmafia, which takes about a minute to do - https://epicmafia.com/home#/login

See ya there!

(Also feel free to ask any questions about the game here and I'll answer you)

Fog

Mafia Host
Reaction score
(Image created by Arelic)

Hey everyone,

we're going to be playing some Epicmafia Disguiser game this Friday evening (13th October).

It's like Mafia/Werewolf but there's one mafia and everyone else is vanilla town, and each night the one mafia kills someone and takes their name, and the town have to try to work out who is actually secretly mafia in disguise and lynch them. We'll make a rule of no meta questions (i.e. you can't be like "hey bob, what's the show we watched together last night" and then prove bob is mafia when he gives you the wrong answer) so that it stays fair, but it's just going to be some light fun really.

We'll have a discord channel open (#Epicmafia) where we'll post the link to each game along with the password and just keep playing until everyone gets bored or leaves. We'll also have a voice chat channel but remember to keep your typing quiet so that people can't associate your typing with your character in the game!

Each game will probably last 5-20 minutes, but maybe more, depending on the amount of people playing. If you have to leave during a game it's no big deal, so come along and have some fun!

We'll start playing games at 8:30pm BST (GMT +1 - convert your timezone here) so if you want to catch the first game, meet on the discord channel, otherwise just hop in on the next game whenever you want. Feel free to join a game in progress to spectate too.

Oh and in order to play, you'll need to create an account on Epicmafia, which takes about a minute to do - https://epicmafia.com/home#/login

See ya there!

(Also feel free to ask any questions about the game here and I'll answer you)
Um Mr Host,

Will there be other fun game modes such as Snek and Liars Dice????

Reactions: HKCaper

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
We now have a Discord 'epicmafia' tag, so if you're planning on playing and want to be tagged each time a new game is starting, add the tag to your Discord! (type .iam epicmafia in #bot)

Also, just so everyone knows, since Epicmafia setups require a pre-determined specific number of players to be in the game before it can start, we'll have a pretty straight-forward system where, whenever a game ends, I'll post in the Epicmafia Discord chat, tagging @Epicmafia and giving everyone 2 minutes to say /in or indicate they want to join the next game, and then after 2 minutes I'll create the setup using the number of players who indicated they would play, and I'll PM the password to the game to those people. It's a tiny bit of a hassle but as long as everyone's on board with it, we should be smooth sailing. (is that a thing? Smooth sailing? whatever). Anyway, this means that if you change your mind about joining a game, please let us know, since otherwise we'll be sitting in a lobby for X players to join when we only have X-1 players. And the reason I'm PMing the password instead of just posting it in the channel is to save us from moments where someone joins without indicating they want to play, taking up the playerslot of someone who did indicate they wanted to play - so to avoid inconveniences like that, please don't post the password in the channel!!!

I'll post those instructions each time a game ends in the Discord channel and I'll pin the instructions too, but I just thought today that I should probably let you all know what it will look like beforehand so that people don't get confused on the night.

See you there!!!