Enneagram

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
I've not done a ton of research on the Enneagram, but it's basically a theory that suggests there are 9 interconnected personality types, each with distinct traits. Here's the Wikipedia page which explains it all, along with a table which shows the basic idea of the types:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Enneagram_of_Personality

"The "stress" and "security" points (sometimes referred to as the "disintegration" and "integration" points) are the types, connected by the lines of the enneagram figure, that are believed to influence a person in more adverse or relaxed circumstances. According to this theory, someone classed as a One type, for example, may begin to think, feel and act more like a Four type when stressed, or more like a Seven type when relaxed."

Do this test (or a similar one) and post your results! http://enneagramquiz.com/quiz.html

Also post your MBTI if you know that; it would be interesting to see the correlation! (http://www.16personalities.com/free-personality-test)

On this particular test I get type 2 with a 1 wing.
On some tests (like this one) I've gotten type 3 though. I've also had type 6 before. So I just don't know :( My MBTI is INFJ.

also, Trap_Wolf because I think you study this? ;)

EDIT: Also as a side-note, here's a cool website. It relates more to MBTI but I thought I'd share it anyway: http://www.celebritytypes.com/personality-tests.php (it lists celebrities with certain MBTI types and I think it's really interesting!) One of the writers for it, Michael Pierce, has a great YouTube channel too, and he has videos explaining in depth each MBTI type, so if you're interested, check him out! https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmDcT_Pujk8vOcxk_IcnxtQ

Last edited:

Toiletprincess

The Eternal Dinosaur
Reaction score
MBTI is INFP;
Your first type (your strongest type) is Type 9 with a 1 wing: Nines are receptive, easygoing, and loveable. Out of all the types in the Enneagram, they have a special ability to get along with others. For this reason, they’re often skilled mediators, resolving conflicts both within themselves and among others. Nines value peace, especially inner peace, very highly. When in a state of growth, Nines become energetic and driven like Type Threes. When stressed, Nines become anxious like an unhealthy Type Six. You are a Type Nine with a One wing, which means that the harmonious traits of the Type Nine merge with the idealistic nature of the Type One. You have an idealized view of the world, and your drive toward harmony is one way to fulfill that dream.

Your third type (your next strongest type) is Type 2 with a 1 wing: Type Two individuals are generous and kind. Twos love others and want to be loved, and becoming close to others is a theme in the life of the Two. This is why Two is often referred to as the Helper type – because they keep coming, time and time again, to the aid of others. Out of all the types in the Enneagram, Twos are the most likely to help someone when they’re feeling down or when they’re being attacked. When a Type Two is stressed, they can become aggressive like an unhealthy Type Eight. When they’re healthy, a Type Two becomes emotionally aware like a healthy Type Four. You are a Type Two with a One wing, which means that the helpful nature of the Two combines with the idealistic nature of the One to make a very humanitarian personality.

Some words that describe you: relaxed, peaceful, harmonious, generous, helpful, selfless, loving, intelligent, cerebral, questioning.

I forgot to copy down my third type, but I think it was Type 5 with a 6 wing.

Mooglie

The Local Cow
Reaction score
Your core type (your strongest type) is Type 9 with a 1 wing: Nines are receptive, easygoing, and loveable. Out of all the types in the Enneagram, they have a special ability to get along with others. For this reason, they’re often skilled mediators, resolving conflicts both within themselves and among others. Nines value peace, especially inner peace, very highly. When in a state of growth, Nines become energetic and driven like Type Threes. When stressed, Nines become anxious like an unhealthy Type Six. You are a Type Nine with a One wing, which means that the harmonious traits of the Type Nine merge with the idealistic nature of the Type One. You have an idealized view of the world, and your drive toward harmony is one way to fulfill that dream.

Your second type (your next strongest type) is Type 6 with a 7 wing: Type Six individuals are reliable, committed, and security-oriented. They are natural troubleshooters, and are always aware of potential problems. This makes the Type Six anxious, but the anxiety fuels them to resolve their problems. They can range from loyal to rebellious, depending on where they get their security from – if the security is from within, they can be very defiant… if it comes from others, they can be very cooperative and devoted. When a Type Six is in a growth state, they become calm like a Type Nine. When they are stressed, they can become arrogant like an unhealthy Type Three. You are a Type Six with a Seven wing, which means that the committed nature of the Six combines with the outgoing nature of the Seven to create a very engaging personality.

Your third type (the least-used of the three) is Type 2 with a 3 wing: Type Two individuals are generous and kind. Twos love others and want to be loved, and becoming close to others is a theme in the life of the Two. This is why Two is often referred to as the Helper type – because they keep coming, time and time again, to the aid of others. Out of all the types in the Enneagram, Twos are the most likely to help someone when they’re feeling down or when they’re being attacked. When a Type Two is stressed, they can become aggressive like an unhealthy Type Eight. When they’re healthy, a Type Two becomes emotionally aware like a healthy Type Four. You are a Type Two with a Three wing, which means that the helpful nature of the Two combines with the ambitious nature of the Three, making you a very driven individual.
Your first type (your strongest type) is Type 9 with a 1 wing:
ayy o/

MBTI is INFJ-T, was an INTP last time I did it.

Fiestaguy

The man with 8 fingers.
Reaction score
Website
thebes.openshells.net
You are a Type 5 with a 6 wing: "The Scientist"

Your trifix is 5w6, 1w2, 4w5.

In enneagram theory, you have one type for how you relate to the world (either 8, 9, or 1), one type for how you think (5, 6, 7) and one type for how you see yourself (2, 3, 4.) Your tri-fix contains one number from each of these triads. They are listed in the order of how strongly they present in your personality.

Your core type (your strongest type) is Type 5 with a 6 wing: Type Five individuals are cerebral, intelligent, and complex (<< 'Complex' nice one.). Type Five is often called the Investigator type, because they are constantly (<< Not constantly.) trying to learn more about the world. To a Five, knowledge is power, and knowing more about the world around them makes the world a safer place. It’s common for a Five to withdraw into their own thoughts and ruminate on intricate ideas and concepts (<< These fools in my life leave me no choice. It's either my own pure thoughts, or brain tumours from my housemates.). Type Fives, when they are in a growth state, become self-confident and authoritative like a Type Eight. When they are stressed, Type Fives become scattered like an unhealthy Type Seven. You are a Type Five with a Six wing, which means that the cerebral nature of a Type Five combines with the troubleshooting thought style of a Type Six. This makes Type 5w6 the Enneagram type of the stereotypical scientist – the 5w6 is always creating new ideas and testing them (<< I guess with programming? Sorta.)

Your second type (your next strongest type) is Type 1 with a 2 wing: Type One individuals have a very finely tuned sense of right and wrong, and they chart the course of their lives by following a righteous path (<< Bullshit. I'm selfish as fuck and do what helps me most.) This doesn’t have to be religious… it can be any set of principles that the Type One finds ethical. Ones are perfectionists, often setting high standards for themselves and others. Type One may very well be the noblest (<< NOPE) type in the Enneagram. When a Type One is in a state of growth, they become excited and joyous like a Type Seven. When a Type One is stressed, they become emotional and overwhelmed like an unhealthy Type Four. You are a Type One with a Two wing, which means that the righteous traits of a Type One combine with the helpful nature of a Type Two (<< OH GOD NO.) This makes you naturally inclined to advocate on behalf of other people (<< NO.) and the welfare of others is probably an important part of your worldview (<< NOOOOO.)

Your third type (the least-used of the three) is Type 4 with a 5 wing: Type Four individuals are intensely emotionally aware, and often retreat to their rich inner world of concepts and ideas. They are the most artistic type in the Enneagram and driven to create their own, unique identity. Type Fours value authenticity highly and express themselves whenever they can. They are one of the most individualistic types in the Enneagram. Type Fours, when in a state of growth, become principled like Type Ones. When stressed, Type Fours can become clingy like an unhealthy Type Two. You are a Type Four with a Five wing, which means that the individualist nature of a Four combines with the cerebral nature of a Five to make you one of the most creative types in the Enneagram. (<< WROOOOOOOONG)
Some words that describe you: principled, moralistic, perfectionist, self-critical, creative (<< NOPE), unique, authentic, emotional, intelligent, cerebral, questioning.
(<< These are my personal comments)

nitasu987

Reaction score
Your core type (your strongest type) is Type 2 with a 3 wing: Type Two individuals are generous and kind. Twos love others and want to be loved, and becoming close to others is a theme in the life of the Two. This is why Two is often referred to as the Helper type – because they keep coming, time and time again, to the aid of others. Out of all the types in the Enneagram, Twos are the most likely to help someone when they’re feeling down or when they’re being attacked. When a Type Two is stressed, they can become aggressive like an unhealthy Type Eight. When they’re healthy, a Type Two becomes emotionally aware like a healthy Type Four. You are a Type Two with a Three wing, which means that the helpful nature of the Two combines with the ambitious nature of the Three, making you a very driven individual.

Your second type (your next strongest type) is Type 6 with a 5 wing: Type Six individuals are reliable, committed, and security-oriented. They are natural troubleshooters, and are always aware of potential problems. This makes the Type Six anxious, but the anxiety fuels them to resolve their problems. They can range from loyal to rebellious, depending on where they get their security from – if the security is from within, they can be very defiant… if it comes from others, they can be very cooperative and devoted. When a Type Six is in a growth state, they become calm like a Type Nine. When they are stressed, they can become arrogant like an unhealthy Type Three. You are a Type Six with a Five wing, which means that the committed nature of the Six combines with the cerebral nature of the Type Five. As a result, you often excel at concrete thinking and troubleshooting.

Your third type (the least-used of the three) is Type 9 with a 8 wing: Nines are receptive, easygoing, and loveable. Out of all the types in the Enneagram, they have a special ability to get along with others. For this reason, they’re often skilled mediators, resolving conflicts both within themselves and among others. Nines value peace, especially inner peace, very highly. When in a state of growth, Nines become energetic and driven like Type Threes. When stressed, Nines become anxious like an unhealthy Type Six. You are a Type Nine with an Eight wing, which means that the harmonious traits of the Nine merge with the aggressive traits of the Eight. Inner peace is your goal, but if something is challenging that peace, your Eight wing means that you’ll stand up and deal with the situation assertively and decisively.

Some words that describe you: relaxed, peaceful, harmonious, generous, helpful, selfless, loving, loyal, reliable, anxious, skeptical.

Seems legit.

Jayfeather

Gay Magician
Donor
Reaction score
You are a Type 3 with a 4 wing: "The Professional"

Your trifix is 3w4, 6w7, 8w9.

In enneagram theory, you have one type for how you relate to the world (either 8, 9, or 1), one type for how you think (5, 6, 7) and one type for how you see yourself (2, 3, 4.) Your tri-fix contains one number from each of these triads. They are listed in the order of how strongly they present in your personality.

Your core type (your strongest type) is Type 3 with a 4 wing: Type Three individuals are self-assured, confident, and driven for success. Type Threes have a great deal of energy that propels them to excel at their chosen field, and this is why the type is often called The Achiever. Although Threes may not always like it, they’re often looked up to. Type Threes, more than any other type, are the most likely to be a workaholic. When in a state of growth, Threes become more cooperative and trusting of others, like a Type Six. When stressed, Threes become withdrawn like a Type Nine. You are a Type Three with a Four wing, which means that your energetic nature is tempered by a Four tendency to withdraw, which gives you a sense of calm that others often lack.

Your second type (your next strongest type) is Type 6 with a 7 wing: Type Six individuals are reliable, committed, and security-oriented. They are natural troubleshooters, and are always aware of potential problems. This makes the Type Six anxious, but the anxiety fuels them to resolve their problems. They can range from loyal to rebellious, depending on where they get their security from – if the security is from within, they can be very defiant… if it comes from others, they can be very cooperative and devoted. When a Type Six is in a growth state, they become calm like a Type Nine. When they are stressed, they can become arrogant like an unhealthy Type Three. You are a Type Six with a Seven wing, which means that the committed nature of the Six combines with the outgoing nature of the Seven to create a very engaging personality.

Your third type (the least-used of the three) is Type 8 with a 9 wing: Eights are assertive, dominant individuals who naturally take control of situations. Eights are aggressive in satisfying their needs, and indeed, Type Eight is the most aggressive personality type in the Enneagram. When in a state of growth, Eights become like Type Twos - caring and protective of other people. When Eights are stressed, they become withdrawn and secretive like Type Fives. You're an Eight with a Nine wing, which means that the calm nature of Type Nine combines with the assertive nature of Type Eight to create an individual who uses their power justly and often doesn't make the first attack... but if someone else does, they'll finish it.

Some words that describe you: decisive, authoritative, natural leader, assertive, ambitious, driven, adaptable, energetic, loyal, reliable, anxious, skeptical.

EDIT: I feel like this is sortof a horoscope level of valid science but it's definitely better than an MBTI test at describing my outlooks

Last edited:

Theodorre

The Fail Chipmunk
Reaction score
(My MBTI is ESFP)

You are a Type 2 with a 3 wing: "The Helper Advocate"

Your trifix is 2w3, 5w6, 9w8.

Your core type (your strongest type) is Type 2 with a 3 wing: Type Two individuals are generous and kind. Twos love others and want to be loved, and becoming close to others is a theme in the life of the Two. This is why Two is often referred to as the Helper type – because they keep coming, time and time again, to the aid of others. Out of all the types in the Enneagram, Twos are the most likely to help someone when they’re feeling down or when they’re being attacked. When a Type Two is stressed, they can become aggressive like an unhealthy Type Eight. When they’re healthy, a Type Two becomes emotionally aware like a healthy Type Four. You are a Type Two with a Three wing, which means that the helpful nature of the Two combines with the ambitious nature of the Three, making you a very driven individual.

Your second type (your next strongest type) is Type 5 with a 6 wing: Type Five individuals are cerebral, intelligent, and complex. Type Five is often called the Investigator type, because they are constantly trying to learn more about the world. To a Five, knowledge is power, and knowing more about the world around them makes the world a safer place. It’s common for a Five to withdraw into their own thoughts and ruminate on intricate ideas and concepts. Type Fives, when they are in a growth state, become self-confident and authoritative like a Type Eight. When they are stressed, Type Fives become scattered like an unhealthy Type Seven. You are a Type Five with a Six wing, which means that the cerebral nature of a Type Five combines with the troubleshooting thought style of a Type Six. This makes Type 5w6 the Enneagram type of the stereotypical scientist – the 5w6 is always creating new ideas and testing them.

Your third type (the least-used of the three) is Type 9 with a 8 wing: Nines are receptive, easygoing, and loveable. Out of all the types in the Enneagram, they have a special ability to get along with others. For this reason, they’re often skilled mediators, resolving conflicts both within themselves and among others. Nines value peace, especially inner peace, very highly. When in a state of growth, Nines become energetic and driven like Type Threes. When stressed, Nines become anxious like an unhealthy Type Six. You are a Type Nine with an Eight wing, which means that the harmonious traits of the Nine merge with the aggressive traits of the Eight. Inner peace is your goal, but if something is challenging that peace, your Eight wing means that you’ll stand up and deal with the situation assertively and decisively.

Some words that describe you: relaxed, peaceful, harmonious, generous, helpful, selfless, loving, intelligent, cerebral, questioning.

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
Hm, that's odd, I noticed that when I take the test, when I answer the question 'I naturally like to be the leader in a situation' it deletes my answer for 'I'm driven and ambitious,' and when I redo my answer for that it deletes my answer for 'I naturally like to be the leader in a situation.' If I submit my results with the 'I naturally like to be the leader in a situation' question answered I get type 2 with a 1 wing, 'The Helper Idealist,' and if I submit with the 'I'm driven and ambitious' question answered I get type 2 with a 3 wing, 'The Helper Advocate.' :confused: #conspiracy

Reactions: Damer_Flinn

Trap_Wolf

dam u str8 babygurl
Reaction score
Website
www.trapwolf.com
Ennegramming explains the variation between MBTI profiles (why one ENTJ is a constant leader and why the other ENTJ couldn't give jack shit about your Si system. Why one INFJ is the revolutionary iconoclaust and why the other INFJ's weeping in the corner, "Whoo am iiiii??"). I'm not well versed because ennegramming is HYPER ADVANCED AND A WIDE SCOPE OF DATA TO CONCEPTUALIZE AND THAT SHIT'S HARD.

AS FAR AS I UNDERSTAND, You have the first set, the second set, and the third set. The first set if your usual state, second transitional state, and third your stress state.

Most of the test is subject (as always) because it depends on the person to have a highly developed sense of self. That you know what you value and have put comprehensive thought into which. (which some of us don't do that lmaooo)

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________

You are a Type 6 with a 7 wing: "The Loyal Friend"

Your trifix is 6w7, 3w4, 8w7.

Your core type (your strongest type) is Type 6 with a 7 wing: Type Six individuals are reliable, committed, and security-oriented. They are natural troubleshooters, and are always aware of potential problems. This makes the Type Six anxious, but the anxiety fuels them to resolve their problems. They can range from loyal to rebellious, depending on where they get their security from – if the security is from within, they can be very defiant… if it comes from others, they can be very cooperative and devoted. When a Type Six is in a growth state, they become calm like a Type Nine. When they are stressed, they can become arrogant like an unhealthy Type Three. You are a Type Six with a Seven wing, which means that the committed nature of the Six combines with the outgoing nature of the Seven to create a very engaging personality.

Your second type (your next strongest type) is Type 3 with a 4 wing: Type Three individuals are self-assured, confident, and driven for success. Type Threes have a great deal of energy that propels them to excel at their chosen field, and this is why the type is often called The Achiever. Although Threes may not always like it, they’re often looked up to. Type Threes, more than any other type, are the most likely to be a workaholic. When in a state of growth, Threes become more cooperative and trusting of others, like a Type Six. When stressed, Threes become withdrawn like a Type Nine. You are a Type Three with a Four wing, which means that your energetic nature is tempered by a Four tendency to withdraw, which gives you a sense of calm that others often lack.

Your third type (the least-used of the three) is Type 8 with a 7 wing: Eights are assertive, dominant individuals who naturally take control of situations. Eights are aggressive in satisfying their needs, and indeed, Type Eight is the most aggressive personality type in the Enneagram. When in a state of growth, Eights become like Type Twos - caring and protective of other people. When Eights are stressed, they become withdrawn and secretive like Type Fives. You're an Eight with a Seven wing, which means that the outgoing nature of Seven combines with the assertive nature of Type Eight to create one of the most dynamic types in the Enneagram. Type 8w7s are a force to be reckoned with.

Some words that describe you: decisive, authoritative, natural leader, assertive, ambitious, driven, adaptable, energetic, loyal, reliable, anxious, skeptical.

((SHIT THESE ARE THE EXACT SAME RESULTS FROM WHEN I WAS 15-16 LMFAOOOO))

Last edited:

Scrable

Reaction score
I don't know, well these are my results:
You are a Type 6 with a 5 wing: "The Defender"

Your trifix is 6w5, 1w2, 3w4.

Your core type (your strongest type) is Type 6 with a 5 wing: Type Six individuals are reliable, committed, and security-oriented. They are natural troubleshooters, and are always aware of potential problems. This makes the Type Six anxious, but the anxiety fuels them to resolve their problems. They can range from loyal to rebellious, depending on where they get their security from – if the security is from within, they can be very defiant… if it comes from others, they can be very cooperative and devoted. When a Type Six is in a growth state, they become calm like a Type Nine. When they are stressed, they can become arrogant like an unhealthy Type Three. You are a Type Six with a Five wing, which means that the committed nature of the Six combines with the cerebral nature of the Type Five. As a result, you often excel at concrete thinking and troubleshooting.

Your second type (your next strongest type) is Type 1 with a 2 wing: Type One individuals have a very finely tuned sense of right and wrong, and they chart the course of their lives by following a righteous path. This doesn’t have to be religious… it can be any set of principles that the Type One finds ethical. Ones are perfectionists, often setting high standards for themselves and others. Type One may very well be the noblest type in the Enneagram. When a Type One is in a state of growth, they become excited and joyous like a Type Seven. When a Type One is stressed, they become emotional and overwhelmed like an unhealthy Type Four. You are a Type One with a Two wing, which means that the righteous traits of a Type One combine with the helpful nature of a Type Two. This makes you naturally inclined to advocate on behalf of other people, and the welfare of others is probably an important part of your worldview.

Your third type (the least-used of the three) is Type 3 with a 4 wing: Type Three individuals are self-assured, confident, and driven for success. Type Threes have a great deal of energy that propels them to excel at their chosen field, and this is why the type is often called The Achiever. Although Threes may not always like it, they’re often looked up to. Type Threes, more than any other type, are the most likely to be a workaholic. When in a state of growth, Threes become more cooperative and trusting of others, like a Type Six. When stressed, Threes become withdrawn like a Type Nine. You are a Type Three with a Four wing, which means that your energetic nature is tempered by a Four tendency to withdraw, which gives you a sense of calm that others often lack.

Some words that describe you: principled, moralistic, perfectionist, self-critical, ambitious, driven, adaptable, energetic, loyal, reliable, anxious, skeptical.

Also the 16personalities test. Somehow I always get somewhere between INTJ and INTP

Jayfeather

Gay Magician
Donor
Reaction score
Everyone look up your first wing on this site: http://theenneagram.blogspot.com/2007/09/type-3.html

My profile fucked me up lmao way too personal bye
The low side of this wing can bring a haunted, self-tormented quality or a haughty, competitive pretentiousness. Might be snobs or accuse critics of being too plebian to appreciate them. Cool, hard shell. In private, can lapse into Fourish self-questioning and melodrama. Instability and moodiness can be factors. Unrealistic grandiosity.
Why is it dragging me what did I do to deserve this

• Optimistic
Reactions: Trap_Wolf

Trap_Wolf

dam u str8 babygurl
Reaction score
Website
www.trapwolf.com
Hello booties so I found some interesting descriptions that will probably aide you as you read more about your ennegram

and I've been reading a lot on ennegramming and it's super facinating actually because MBTI focuses on trying to identify parts or pieces of how a person is made and perceieves the world while ennegramming can explain what causes a person to behave the way they do

Reactions: Infected_alien8_

Jayfeather

Gay Magician
Donor
Reaction score
Hello booties so I found some interesting descriptions that will probably aide you as you read more about your ennegram

and I've been reading a lot on ennegramming and it's super facinating actually because MBTI focuses on trying to identify parts or pieces of how a person is made and perceieves the world while ennegramming can explain what causes a person to behave the way they do
Is the ennegram thing a Freudian idea