Status
Not open for further replies.

RaizzanX

Trash
Controller
Donor
Discord Staff
Reaction score
Well, let's give this a shot. No harm done trying.

In-game username: engSamuelArcher

Staff references (Op+): No references since the server isn't up yet.

Other Blocktopia staff experience (present and past):
Classic Lava: Operator and then Trusted when reapplied after resigning.

How would you describe the responsibility and obligation of the rank you apply for: -
The operator rank is a rank that you shouldn't underestimate. They are someone who is mature and helpful enough to deserve this rank. Operators are responsible to deal with issues that are plaguing the server such players who are breaking the rules and also helping out new players to the server. They are also responsible to ensure the server is not only peaceful but fun for the players. Not only that, operators have to dedicate their time staffing the server. Moreover, they would inform new players regarding the rules and help them where they can. If an operator is questioning a player, they would be patient and explaining the situation to the player where they are caught breaking the rules. In the events of a ban appeal, an operator must be patient and explain as much as they can regarding the ban in question. They would post logs and photographic proof regarding the situation on the ban. After the appeal, they would have to make decision regarding the ban duration and the same time judging whether they would or wouldn't make the same mistake again.

Assume that there are more applicants and can only pick one of them, why you?: -
I would like to be pick because I feel that I should somehow repay the blocktopia community for making who I am today. The community made me much more brave towards the outside world. Not only that, I have past staffing experience in classic. Even though the commands are more or less different, I would have little to no problem adapting to them. I was also an aristocrat in the previous smp. Not only that, there aren't many who staff during my timezone which is usually morning on the other side of the world. I would be able to help players within my timezone especially where there isn't any staff online.

If there is a problem you aren’t sure of how to deal with, what will you do: -
I will try my best to deal with it through my past experience as experience as a staff and with level-headed judgement. If not, I would contact the nearest online staff with experience to smp through the irc or within the server boundaries. In an event if no one knows how to deal with the problem, I would try explain to him or her with the best of my ability from my point of view. After that, I would try contacting the Directors of the server. Through the experience, I would learn how to deal future problems.

If a staff member of equal or higher rank is acting up, what will you do: -
First of all, I would try to inform him/her of regarding their abusing of powers and if they should refuse to stop. I would take screenshots and logs regarding the matter and report it to the higher ups of the server. I would report this matter through private messaging on the irc or through messaging on the forums.

What is your most noticeable weakness, and how will you work to fix it: -
My most noticeable weakness is my occasional short attention span. I would fix it by making a list priorities on what I should do first and what I should next. Not only that, I would double check the chat and make sure that I did not miss anything important and also note them down if I have to remember them.

Tell us about yourself in less than 200 words: -
According to my forum age, I am 17 years old. I am really 17 years old since I was born in 1996. Most of you won't see me often due to the differences in timezone. Though on the weekends, you will most likely see me if I'm not busy having outing with my friends and family. I have some experience in coding and planning to code a smp server among my friends so that they can join. I have a very wide range of games which I like, ranging from Horrors to Visual Novel. I do extensive research on anything which I like especially games and anime. I only know two languages currently which is English-the British version and Bahasa Malaysia-my national language. I'm going to take up classes for two languages such as Chinese and Japanese. I have a goal in life to become a game developer.

If you have any extra information you’d like to share, please do so here: -
I haven't staff on an smp server before. However I did hold a aristocrat rank on the previous smp which was the closest rank to staff. They are entrusted with some commands. Not only that, I was general officer in Akuze, a satellite of Sancti. Also, I do make mistakes since no one is perfect. I'll correct myself from any mistakes. I don't have any experience in staff commands for smp but I will do my best and learn them. I will do extensive research regarding staff commands so that I won't feel lost.

superstein

Ex-Admin
Contributor
Reaction score
Hey xgen96 (or engSamuelArcher),

We have decided to deny your application. While we've seen you quite a bit on JtE we just aren't sure how a staff position would work out. If you do choose to pursue a rank, we would love to see you on the server, where you can prove that it would work out well.

Thanks for making an application, and have a good time on the server!

• Sad
  • Thank You
Reactions: Notme and RaizzanX
Status
Not open for further replies.