emosquirrel's Veteran Operator application

Wink

¡Juego de las Pulgas!
Reaction score
In-game username: emosquirrel

Staff references (Controller+): Biblius Old_Man_Oak63

Other Blocktopia staff experience (present and past):
Zombie Survival: [BCOLOR=#ffcc00]Trusted[/BCOLOR], [BCOLOR=#800080]Operator[/BCOLOR]
Journey to Elysium: [BCOLOR=#ffcc00]Trusted[/BCOLOR], [BCOLOR=#800080]Operator[/BCOLOR]

How would you describe the responsibility and obligation of the rank you apply for: Presiding over the Operators, a Veteran Operator's duty is to become a 'role model' for the lesser ranks. He is experienced and 'grizzled' from his prior work, and has honed in the most efficient tactics to deal with an ordeal. Whether it be a speed hacker, or a simple grief, the Veteran Operator should be able to diffuse the situation quickly and harmlessly.
The Veteran Operator should not be only familar with his tool-belt, he should be very confident with it. From prism rbs to invisible-spying, he should know the name of each of his tools, and their various uses. On the off-chance he does not know a command, he has to be savvy and quick-witted and work his way either around the use of such a command or quickly learn it. The Veteran Operator has to be willing to spread his knowledge of commands among the staff team, allowing for even quicker and less time-consuming grief endeavors.
Coming back to the 'role-model' aspect of his rank, the Veteran-Operator must avoid staffing when he is feeling negative, as these feelings can easily impact and degrade the game for others. From agiated chat messages from the indivivual to destructive behavior, the Veteran-Operator must know when it is time to take a break, and cool off. This 'cooling off' both benefits his image, and can indirectly influence other staff to 'cool off' rather than remain hostile on the server.

Assume that there are more applicants and can only pick one of them, why you?: I like to view myself as a relative 'pacifist', not really involved in the PvP system, at times almost dying for my nature. Avoiding the web of PvP, I would like to think I am relatively a better candidate, being able to help out players with little to no biased on my end, making Operator-Player encounters go over smoother. Another 'upper-hand' I would like to think I have is a somewhat deep understanding of redstone (Hell, even my based is formatted around it). I can make somewhat complex chest locks, a one way doors with hidden access points, BUDS, and more!

If there is a problem you aren’t sure of how to deal with, what will you do: Assuming a simple google search doesn't suffice: Communication is key in this situation. I would immediately ask for an opinion/ask for help of a fellow staff member who is on the server. If they are clueless aswell, I would go onto IRC and ping away at lower staff, hopefully resolving the issue. If not, I'd ping/start a forum convo/steam the head staff, finally getting an answer for the predicament at hand.

How experienced are you with the current commands on the server, and would you be able to grasp many new commands quickly?: I feel confident with the commands I currently have access to on the server, especially village (I am a mayor!) and prism-related commands. I feel I could grasp the Veteran Operator commands realtively quickly (I have been in-directly involved in 2 different Veteran Operator command briefings already) and feel confident I could master them quickly.

What’s the best thing you have ever read?: The Great Gatsby. Symbols, sacrasm, double meanings; this book has it all. Every time you read the book, you discover a new meaning, a deeper truth to the American Lifestyle. From the most subtle symbols to the blaring, obvious 'think-twice-about-it' events, this book is so enjoyable for me for the amount of variation in meaning two people can get after reading it.

Mikey

The Pig
Reaction score
Hell, DoD is getting a lot of rank action lately.

Anyway, emosquirrel you have staffed for an immeasureable amount of time, you were qualified for VetOp on zombies and then continued to expand your skills to premium. You have staffed multiple SMPs and from the looks of how you handle yourself on DoD you do a kick-ass job, I actually began to wonder if you would apply soon.

You have more experience on these SMP servers than I myself do, you are easy-going as all hell, and fun to be around. Moreover, your activity has been outstanding lately as I have noticed, a great increase to what it was a few months ago. You are an old time staffer and a unique one at that, and that is critical in being a VetOp. (And damn, you did not even bring up your long-time staff experience in the application, so modest!)

You referenced me years ago on zombie survival, you're an old friend, and have an immense wealth of comprehension and competency as a staff member.

Wouldn't be right if I said anything but +1.

• Thank You
Reactions: Wink

Danni122112

The Drunk
Donor
Contributor
Reaction score
And you didnt even ask me for a referrence?

I remmember asking you for a trusted referrence, looks like its time for me to do it for you. Just this is saying over what a long time you have staffed.

Fun to be around, friendly, knows the commands very well, activity, you got it all, not really much more to say.

1+

• Thank You

Da Jinks

Political Nerd
Reaction score
Yeah I would of referenced you if asked ;C

You understand the rank quite well and have been extremely hardworking this SMP. You understand the commands quite well, have been very active and consistenly going the extra mile with projects and suggestions. You are a great guy to chat with, very friendly and have been around for ages. I definetely feel you are ready for VetOp.

+1.

• Thank You

Oak Milk

Kill Hungry Thirsty Dead
Mafia Host
Reaction score
Seems like so long ago now that you were giving me a +1 on my JtE trusted app, do you still enjoy Age of Empires? =D

The experience is definately there and I have absolutely no doubt that you could handle the new commands that come with veteran operator, which is why I gave a reference.

And finally you are a heap of fun to staff with too, I wish you the best of luck!

Undefined User 7

Psychosomatic
Reaction score
And you didnt even ask me for a referrence?

I remmember asking you for a trusted referrence, looks like its time for me to do it for you. Just this is saying over what a long time you have staffed.

Fun to be around, friendly, knows the commands very well, activity, you got it all, not really much more to say.

1+
4 sentences from a Controller. What is Blocktopia coming to. (kidding)

Emosquirrel is a veteran among his peers in SMP, as are all current Veteran Operators and Controllers. He has contributed notably to many lore projects, and as many of my staff could tell you, he's come through on a few things certain other staff have been dragging their feet on. (You know who you are.) He's been staffing for as long as I can remember, and has given quite a bit to SMP as well as this specific staff team. My only critique is that you could do a little bit to be more involved in the social world of SMP. In JtE your clan never really got involved and I've seen little of your clan so far in DoD. I think it'd be great if you could become more involved in the community at large. But that at best is a nitpick, so why say what doesn't even need to be said?

I vote +1, best of luck.

(Also, how on Earth has everyone somehow voted before me why is everything backwards today someone please help)

superstein

Ex-Admin
Contributor
Reaction score
(Also, how on Earth has everyone somehow voted before me why is everything backwards today someone please help)
And you're the last - something must be backwards!

Sorry for the delay in getting to this, the forums going down threw us off a bit. Sparkly and I will discuss this tonight (or soon if not) and come to a conclusion.