Emoji Mafia (Information and Signups)

Prizyms

あんたバカァ~!?
Mafia Host
Reaction score
EMOJI MAFIA
a game by Prizyms​
[JUSTIFY]
In my opinion, the most pressing issue negatively affecting setups in this community is influence from previous games. By casting suspicion on and ultimately lynching users for their actions in one game when compared to past games, EscapeRestart mafia players have inadvertently created a system of policy lynching that unfortunately cannot end without a sizeable influx of new players - certain players surviving beyond the first night guarantees them as anti-town, a lack of activity compared to previous games can clear a player known for being active as mafia, etc. At its worst, this ultimate results in a 'lynch all the active players' meta, where said active players are invariably the household names who sign up for every game and are why mafia has flourished in this community for so many years now. I don't particularly like seeing games die because all of the veterans are killed off within the first few days, and I'm sure the players don't either.

My solution to the issues presented above is rather novel. I have created sixteen unique forum accounts which will be used by the players of Emoji Mafia. These new accounts have all been configured in the same way: they have an emoji profile picture with a matching name, their online status is set to ‘hidden’, and they are not allowed to interact with the forum outside of the thread and game PMs. I hope to largely eliminate other-game influence through use of these anonymised accounts - it’s up to the players to see for how long they can keep their identities hidden, since there will certainly be penalties for exposing yourself.

Since things are being done a little differently, this setup will require some extra checks. I will be sending a full list of terms of use for the anonymised accounts to each player individually along with their role in their PM. Discussion of this game will be completely off-limits outside of the dead chat. Anyone caught breaking this rule, whether in the game or not, will receive a year-long ban from Mafia games hosted by me - other hosts are welcome to follow this.

Emoji Mafia is extremely reliant on having trustworthy players who I know will follow the terms and conditions that must be set for a setup like this work. I have hand-picked a number of players known for consistent good play and conduct in Mafia. Signups are open for the remaining spots - I will be selecting players to fill the game according to who I believe will best benefit from the opportunity to play a setup like this. There are only sixteen places in total.

Setup: This is a closed setup except for the following points:[/JUSTIFY]
  • There are no third party roles.
  • The mafia has a disguiser.
Player list
Hunter
Enderfive
Jivvi
Aqua
Nottykitten
Alisha
Faliara
Dess
Sploorky
77thShad
Danni122112
Mulbery
Arelic
Rune
HKCaper
TheWeakGuy48_

D

Deleted member 4601

Sign me up!
Timezone: GMT +8
Mafia experience: Minimal

Danni122112

The Drunk
Donor
Contributor
Reaction score
Sign me up!
Timezone: GMT ~+1
Mafia experience: mid-high

I was actually very sceptic about this game, you see, I thought it was going to be entirely played by using emojis.

Not my brightest moment, but this idea is very interesting. I agree with everything that was said in the post about the Meta, and I think this game should be very interesting.

• Winner
Reactions: Fog and Aqua

digi

-
Donor
Contributor
Reaction score
Innovative concept that I can’t wait to be part of. However, as unique as this idea sounds, I feel that a player’s personality can be detected. There are certain traits depicted through a player’s post that shine through in a game of Mafia. For example, JKangaroo, who’s renown for his long and detailed posts would immediately set off alarms in my head. This is just one particular flaw that I see.
The positive thing is, I can’t wait to take on a different persona. I don’t usually like rubbing people the wrong way and I tend to take a friendly approach. With this setup I feel I can be more assertive.
I’m excited!

Prizyms

あんたバカァ~!?
Mafia Host
Reaction score