Economy and Market

cheatyface

Developer
Developer
Contributor
Reaction score
Unless there are restrictions on the types of items that people can make, this economy will only function around the rarest things like diamonds or metals. Theres no point to spending money I could save up for diamonds unless I cannot get that item myself.
Like in Primordia, I focused on selling mob items because animal spawns really only happened in remote forests and they were only in farms. People sold disks because they were hard-to-achieve luxeries.
If people had to choose masteries to craft certain items, this would work beautifully. Otherwise this plug-in will, even though its the sexiest idea since sliced bread, will not be all that used.
I hope it works out though, sorry for being so morbid about it xc
That's not 'morbid' but actually a valid argument I have also already brought forward.

We had a dynamic economy on one of our SMP servers once, that worked like this one, and we had to stop using it after a while since people abused it left and right.

I am quite sure though that superstein and the team have a cunning plan to make it sexy this time round.

(I personally loved the webshop market most that we had once)
Just give it the elder scrolls treatment. Everything sells to the shop for 1/5 of what the shop's price is, as a base. Even with abusive mercantile levels, I'm pretty sure I remember not being able to get more than 1/3 of the price. So if you ever buy something from the shop and then sell it back at any time, you're always losing money.

• Optimistic
Reactions: Notme

Friendy

SMP Overlord & Events Manager
Admin
Donor
Survival Staff
Reaction score
YES GMK, RETURN OF WEBSHOP
Well, there were problems with Webshop - memory leaks or something, so it had to be removed on Primordia.

I think it could be much better now, as we are in 2013 and not in early 2012 ;)

Webshop was incredibly to make money on unfortunately, you could simply put up 20,000 sugar canes for 20,000 as users would buy them for that price, however you could hoard them, like I did and make a lot of money. I guess we'll just have to wait and see; until then it is just speculation ^.^

• Agree
Reactions: Duffie

Nottykitten

Nomnomnom kitteh!
Reaction score
And the online market makes a return!

I believe we first had this in... Primordia, was it? Could have been the SMP before that.

Let's just hope we don't have too many people crashing the market. Just think of these as stocks, and you, yourself, could make millions*!
*Numbers may vary.
I think both Primordia and the SMP before that had it.

• Informative
  • Agree
Reactions: Notme and Duffie