Map Name: Eclipsed Quadrants
Map Authors: Catcocomics
Game Type: Mob
Map Worldborder: Self-contained
Download: /warp EclipseQuads
Game Time: 16000 ticks
Screenshots:

Maximum amount of players: 4
Jump pads: There are a couple at the bases of the four main structures so people can quickly get above ground-level, as well as some behind the bi-elemental islands and at the base of the central eclipse island.
Additionally, the Wind quadrant is crawling with them.
They all need to be able to launch people up onto the ledge just above them.
Notes:
*Players can't actually fall into any death pits, despite the Wind quadrant appearing to have a big void pit.
I assure, that is a barrier floor down there, and those clouds are in fact carpets.
*Map includes 6 kits, each with their own special strengths and weaknesses.
*Kit armor also can't be removed (binding curse), and the map's shops are built around that.
*Oh yes, and err, kit stuffs is unbreakable.
*Kit boxes and Player Spawn:
Wave time: Let's try a minute for now...
Shop Locations: shulker boxes inside each of the four main buildings. Each shop is different
Mob spawn locations: Dragon Heads on these bi-elemental islands
[Optional] End Wave: 20
[Optional] Mobs which can spawn:
Zombies
Husks
Spiders
Skeletons
Strays
Endermen
Blazes
Ghasts
Zombie Pigs
Lil shrimplets Silverfish
Slimes
Creepers

P.S. Let me know if anything in the shops or kits is too strong.
P.P.S. Probably best to tend to the mob suggestion first, unless you're for sure that AoD is ok with multi-kit mob maps. Then again, suggestions are probably processed faster than maps...
P.P.P.S @Comp let's you and me actually get around to fixing Time Flames soon, please.

G

Guest35486

Hi Catco, thanks for the map submission.

After reviewing the map, I have some concerns:

While looking at the structure of the map, I've noticed a few things.
Mobs cannot use jump pads - Once the player jumps down to the lower area, mobs will follow and cannot jump back up. This is easily abusable by players.​
Hard to access players - I recommend adding more spawns and reviewing any areas that are narrow or hard to reach. A player could sit in the corner or the map, be outside one of the fences, be on the ledge below a bridge, or stay on a jump pad.​
Water and magma blocks - When a player has enough water breathing potions, they can just sit in the water and survive until the end of the round. They can also just permanently shift on the magma block and avoid mobs.​

*Oh yes, and err, kit stuffs is unbreakable.
I believe I've explained to you why this would be problematic. The default kit should be available to players, regardless of the amount of mobs killed. This is especially true of the yellow kit with the golden sword.
P.S. Let me know if anything in the shops or kits is too strong.
- The blue kit seems rather strong compared to the rest: Respiration, Depth Strider, and a diamond sword. It'll be easy for players to stay in the water area and avoid mobs.
- The Sharpness III diamond sword, Sharpness V stone sword, strength potions, regeneration potions, lingering and other health potions, TNT, and slowness arrows are too cheap.
- Remove the notch apple.

A lingering health potion can get a player to full health in seconds with more time to spare, as well as damage undead mobs. Most potions are at least 10 gold. One TNT can blow up more than ten mobs, and you've set it to 3 gold. For reference, TNT is 25 per block on Airship and Grow House.

I recommend reviewing your items and their pricing.

Status
Not open for further replies.