Dynamo - my vanilla Minecraft structure generator

ChocoFox

Mafia Host
Reaction score

I never posted any of my Minecraft command block projects here before, and since I'm really proud of this one, I thought it'd be nice to show it off.

Basically, Dynamo is a command-block contraption re-written from scratch similar to a command block genius Sparks' terrain base generation engine (I got his permission to post Dynamo later). What I've basically done is that I've created this engine and added 7 new structures to it that generate around the world seed-specifically. For those who are interested, let me introduce you to the components of what Dynamo is made up of. You can head all the way down to take a look at the thread and try it out yourself if you'd like to. :dance:

Dynamo Coordinates (DynCord): base module - handles chunk-scanning
Dynamo Population (DynPop): base module - handles loot in chests
Dynamo Generation (DynGen): base module - handles chunk block variables (>1)
Dynamo Command Base: utility module - prevents excessive lag
Dynamo LagoMeter: utility module - monitors lag caused by DynCord

You can find out more and download it here if you're interested: http://www.minecraftforum.net/forum...w-naturally-spawning-seed-specific-structures

ChocoFox

Mafia Host
Reaction score
We should use this for SMP.
Would advise against using it in big servers with a chance of having 5 players on at a time as it can cause some lag issues. You can always pre-generate chunks though. I'm also not very sure if there's any Spigot/Sponge plugins that have terrain generation better than mine.

Reactions: Mastersten

ChocoFox

Mafia Host
Reaction score
This is really old and stuff but I'd still like to point out I released Dynamo 4.0 on the 28th June! Subsequently, I released some other bug fix patches along the way as well. (It's currently Dynamo 4.2 as of the moment I'm typing this post)

Dynamo IV adds 30 new structures. 8 more than the update that preceded it!

I even got myself to make a proper logo for this project now. I certainly hope it's satisfactory:

Some of the highlights of this update:

Other than that, a whole new level of optimisations have been added to this version release, which makes the experience a lot less laggier, even when you're exploring. The introduction of structure blocks also made extreme detailing in the builds possible!

If you want to check out Dynamo IV, please head over to the thread for more information: http://www.minecraftforum.net/forum...w-naturally-spawning-seed-specific-structures

Thanks!

Last edited: