Dusk of Discordia Rules - Compendium

Pafrick

Reaction score
does a block ontop of a chest still make it locked and illegal to steal from?
As asae said, this is illegal.

The reason for that is that to open the chest you would have to break the block, which would be illegal and considered as griefing. If you would have put a block like, for an example leaves, you would still be able to open it, due to it being opaque(transparent). This chest it would be illegal to steal from due to that you would not have to grief to to open it.
"This chest it would be illegal to steal from due to that you would not have to grief to to open it"
i understand now, however wouldn't the chest with a half block, stair or leaves on them make it 'Legal' to steal from as the mentioned block are not solid?

asaechao

─═☆The Blue Bird☆═─
Reaction score
does a block ontop of a chest still make it locked and illegal to steal from?
As asae said, this is illegal.

The reason for that is that to open the chest you would have to break the block, which would be illegal and considered as griefing. If you would have put a block like, for an example leaves, you would still be able to open it, due to it being opaque(transparent). This chest it would be illegal to steal from due to that you would not have to grief to to open it.
"This chest it would be illegal to steal from due to that you would not have to grief to to open it"
i understand now, however wouldn't the chest with a half block, stair or leaves on them make it 'Legal' to steal from as the mentioned block are not solid?
A block that covers it that still makes a chest openable is legal to take from. Altering the block above the chest in anyway would be considered griefing (like breaking the block above the chest or tilling dirt with a hoe that is above the chest), which is illegal. Altering the chest like breaking it or adding blocks near it would be illegal as well as it's considered griefing.

Sorry for not clarifying why it's not legal.

Friendy

SMP Overlord & Events Manager
Admin
Donor
Survival Staff
Reaction score
I apologise if it has already been stated in this thread, but just in-case - Is creating traps for the purpose of killing people (i.e digging a 40 block drop and activating it as raiders pass) illegal, and creating traps at the entrances of chest rooms that would trap them in a hole which in-turn would lead to them having to /kill illegal?

Enderfive

sarcasm incarnate
Mafia Host
Reaction score
I apologise if it has already been stated in this thread, but just in-case - Is creating traps for the purpose of killing people (i.e digging a 40 block drop and activating it as raiders pass) illegal, and creating traps at the entrances of chest rooms that would trap them in a hole which in-turn would lead to them having to /kill illegal?
Killing traps are legal and portal traps are illegal. Not sure about the suicide traps though, although I think they're more likely to be illegal.

asaechao

─═☆The Blue Bird☆═─
Reaction score
superstein said:
It really does vary by situation, because while trapping is an effective way to kill players you could also keep them in there like a pet until they use /kill which makes killing as easy as placing one block. If you're trapped, you should call upon a staff member, but in the short-term it is alright. Portal traps are illegal (blocking them in the portal without space on the sides so they can not log out)
Quoted from FAQ + Question Thread

Friendy

Admin
Donor
Survival Staff
Reaction score
superstein said:
It really does vary by situation, because while trapping is an effective way to kill players you could also keep them in there like a pet until they use /kill which makes killing as easy as placing one block. If you're trapped, you should call upon a staff member, but in the short-term it is alright. Portal traps are illegal (blocking them in the portal without space on the sides so they can not log out)

Okay, thanks!

Danni122112

The Drunk
Donor
Contributor
Reaction score
superstein said:

Okay, thanks!
So basicly, trap that kills you = legal Trap that traps you = illegal and portal traps that trap you = illegal. (This be to the reason that people should be able to make their own netherportal.)

Friendy

Admin
Donor
Survival Staff
Reaction score

Danni122112

The Drunk
Donor
Contributor
Reaction score

Chocfudgemud

Reaction score
Uhhh let's say someone who was repetitively killing you went over the 5 kill mark. Then could you use this to your advantage and go around punching them because they didnt want to break the excessive killing rule.
In my opinion we should just ban excessive killing (3-5 kills) over all because you would have lost all your gear from dying.

cheatyface

Developer
Developer
Contributor
Reaction score
Uhhh let's say someone who was repetitively killing you went over the 5 kill mark. Then could you use this to your advantage and go around punching them because they didnt want to break the excessive killing rule.
In my opinion we should just ban excessive killing (3-5 kills) over all because you would have lost all your gear from dying.
Well, previously we had 1 pretty simple rule. Don't kill someone that's died in the last couple of minutes, unless they attack you. Prevents spawn killing, but also allows people to defend themselves against that possible abuse.

IQD

why we can't have nice things
Contributor
Reaction score
12a. Purposely going out of your way to try and find loopholes in the rules listed in this
compendium is severally frowned upon, and could result in staff action.

• Agree
Reactions: Super_Koray

Defiant_Blob

( ̄^ ̄)ゞ
Donor
Reaction score
I think traps that just leave you stuck should be made illegal.
I wouldn't want to raid a home, only to find the door blocked when I wasn't looking and made impossible to leave.
That's just completely unfair.
Traps should have to kill in a reasonable amount of time, or at least attempt to kill. (For example, if someone falls into a falling trap with Feather boots, the trap was meant to kill but they just managed to survive. I guess a Staff member could help in this situation.)

SparklyMuffinz

H2H: Here to Help
Reaction score
There has been an update to the rules regarding PvP:

If you are in combat with someone and they build a structure (above or underground), you are allowed to grief the protection they have built during the fight and continue pursuing. This rule has been added as 9b in the compendium.

Tagging SMPPrem so they know of the change.
Happy PvPing.

Nottykitten

Nomnomnom kitteh!
Reaction score

If you are in combat with someone and they build a structure (above or underground), you are allowed to grief the protection they have built during the fight and continue pursuing. This rule has been added as 9b in the compendium.

Happy PvPing.
Only read this now. Does this mean if I get hit, run into my house and block it people can grief into it to kill me?

Friendy

Admin
Donor
Survival Staff
Reaction score

Happy PvPing.
Only read this now. Does this mean if I get hit, run into my house and block it people can grief into it to kill me?

Let me expand on it.

Lets say I attacked you and you got away, so you decided that you could dig down and live in a 1x2 hole so that I cannot kill you.. well I'd be allowed to dig down and kill you as per this rule, however this does not mean players can run willy nilly into your house and start killing you.

They would be allowed yes, if you bothered making one.
Here's a little snip:

The smaller designs will nice for this because they do not produce as fast, but if a faster farm like the Trench or Foundry is built and the golems are not killed right away, the number of golems will quickly increase and lag or world or even make it unplayable. This posted as of 16/1/14
Are you sure these should be allowed with this risk of wrecking the server?

Nottykitten

Nomnomnom kitteh!
Reaction score

Happy PvPing.

Let me expand on it.

Lets say I attacked you and you got away, so you decided that you could dig down and live in a 1x2 hole so that I cannot kill you.. well I'd be allowed to dig down and kill you as per this rule, however this does not mean players can run willy nilly into your house and start killing you.
I mean, lets say you attacked me and I got away. I run into my house and block the door with dirt. Are you allowed to grief those dirt blocks and kill me?

Also how long would the time limit be? Lets say Danni hit me, and after 2 minutes of not seeing me he finds me hidden in a small 1x2 hole I dug to escape. Can he still dig towards me as we were in combat 2 minutes ago?

SparklyMuffinz

H2H: Here to Help
Reaction score

Let me expand on it.

I mean, lets say you attacked me and I got away. I run into my house and block the door with dirt. Are you allowed to grief those dirt blocks and kill me?

Also how long would the time limit be? Lets say Danni hit me, and after 2 minutes of not seeing me he finds me hidden in a small 1x2 hole I dug to escape. Can he still dig towards me as we were in combat 2 minutes ago?

Nope, the house is your structure and therefore cannot be griefed into. Same rules apply even during PvP. The difference here though is the hole isn't your living structure, just being used for protection. There is no time limit either. Same fight, same hole you used to escape, no time limit if they find you. Hope this clears it up!

Lee_scar

Geezuslike
Donor
Reaction score
Forum rule compendium:
10. The construction of EXP and item-grinders for mobs is allowed.
11. Try not to [hl]AFK at a spawner for over ten minutes[/hl], as it causes server lag.
In game /rules:
5. You [hl]may[/hl] build XP and item grinders, but you [hl]may not AFK[/hl] at them.
Which of these holds presedence?
While the /rules links this thread, it's confusing.
I myself interpret it like I interpret there being no rule about farm animals, not to do something to an excessive amount.
The AFKing that is, however, its back to these two rules conflicting.

One allowing afk without excessive time involved, and the other disallowing it entirely.

Danni122112

The Drunk
Donor
Contributor
Reaction score
Forum rule compendium:

In game /rules:

Which of these holds presedence?
While the /rules links this thread, it's confusing.
I myself interpret it like I interpret there being no rule about farm animals, not to do something to an excessive amount.
The AFKing that is, however, its back to these two rules conflicting.

One allowing afk without excessive time involved, and the other disallowing it entirely.
Well, the rule 5 is very general, its rather obvious that you would be allowed to go get yourself a glass of prefered beverage, the rule 11 is more of clearing that up, that is atleast the best I cant explain it.

You may afk at a spawner for up to 10 minutes.

Kawaiidesu98

Reaction score
Website
reddit.com
rule 3c should also apply to pigs wearing a saddle. if there are many pigs in one spot wearing a saddle for the sake of protecting those pigs, rule 3c is ignored and they are treated as normal farm animals like in rule 3b BUT the saddles must be returned.