Dusk of Discordia Rules - Compendium

JohnOgozalek

Forever Shining
Reaction score
Introduction:

The following listing is the official rules of the Dusk of Discordia server. These rules apply for all maps (i.e. Nether, End, Overworld, etc. etc.). They may be updated from time to time as the server progresses and grows. If there is a change in rules, or an addition or subtraction of a rule, the Head Staff will make an announcement.

Rules:

1. Hacking is not allowed on the Discordia server.

1a. Only the mods outlined in the 'Allowed Mods' thread are permitted on the Discordia server.

2. Abusing any glitch found is illegal. You are expected to report all glitches to staff members.

3. Griefing, or modifying another player's structure without permission is illegal.

3a. You may use other player's farms, as long as you replant the crops you took.

3b. Killing another player's animals is allowed, however if killing another player's animals - you
must leave at least two animals, enough to breed.

3c. Killing another player's horse is illegal, UNLESS you are in combat / PVP with another player. However, you are allowed to use other player's horses to breed. In the event you accidentally kill another player's horse, contact a staff member.

3d. If the protection plugin is acting up, do not grief any protected area.

3e. Griefing or modifying includes the placing of water/lava, the tilling of soil, and the growing
of trees on another player's property.

3f. Destroying another player's resource block(s) is considered modifying, or griefing.

3g. If a player's house appears to be based in a natural feature (a cave), that is considered their
property.

4. Stealing from chests is allowed as long as you do not break any of the other rules in this
compendium.

5. Respect your fellow players and staff.

5a. Excessive language is frowned upon.

5b. Use common sense while on the Discordia server.

6. Do not advertise other servers. If you would like to mention another server, clear it with a staff
member before hand.

7. Killing players in a non-PvP zone is illegal. The PvE zones are there for a reason.

8. Camping the spawn-town's borders is illegal. This is considered spawn camping and/or spawn
killing.

8a. You are allowed to camp the borders of PvP-protected (PvE) villages.

9. In regards to PvP, you may only kill a player five times in ten minutes. Excessive killing is
considered inappropriate behavior and will be treated with staff intervention. Use common sense
and please do not let the kill-count exceed five times in ten minutes.

9a. Logging out from a battle is illegal. This includes a player running towards you with intent to pvp. Violation of this rule will lead to a warning as well as having to hand over all items to the attacker.

9b. Camping another player's bed is illegal. They should have the minimum of a minute of safety
after death.

9c. If, during combat, a user creates a structure for protection, you are allowed to break into to continue pursuing.

10. The construction of EXP and item-grinders for mobs is allowed.

11. Try not to AFK at a spawner for over ten minutes, as it causes server lag.

12. Follow the rules for claiming land when you claim land. They are at: http://www.blocktopia.net/forum/threads/rules-for-land-claiming.14468/

13. Behavior deemed unkind, malicious, or cruel will result in action by the Discordia staff. Keep it
civil.

13a. Purposely going out of your way to try and find loopholes in the rules listed in this
compendium is severally frowned upon, and could result in staff action.

14. Blockages of pre-made settlements or structures is illegal.

14a. Players can not block or claim end-portals.

15. Always follow staff requests.

15a. Staff members have the final call on actions, and whether they can be deemed appropriate.

16. Always have fun on the Discordia server! Make some memories!

Last edited by a moderator:

Jivvi

Mafia Host
Reaction score
9. In regards to PvP, you may only kill a player five times in ten minutes. Excessive killing is
considered inappropriate behavior and will be treated with staff intervention. Use common sense
and please do not let the kill-count exceed five times in ten minutes.

9a. Camping another player's bed is illegal. They should have the minimum of a minute of safety
after death.
Challenge accepted.

Life insurance at its best.

Danni122112

The Drunk
Donor
Contributor
Reaction score
I assume stealing a horse is legal, or?

Is killing horses in pvp zones illegal? If you trying to kill someone riding a horse, it might be difficult to avoid killing it.
Id say that it should be legal, at least that is my opinion. Its PvP, players against players, but that is of course up to the staff members.

• Agree
Reactions: Undefined User 7

Sephhh

Supermegauber Foxy Fox!
Reaction score
Website
blocktopia.net

Da Jinks

Political Nerd
Reaction score

Is killing horses in pvp zones illegal? If you trying to kill someone riding a horse, it might be difficult to avoid killing it.
Id say that it should be legal, at least that is my opinion. Its PvP, players against players, but that is of course up to the staff members.
I believe this is already being discussed ;)

Reactions: Undefined User 7

cheatyface

Developer
Developer
Contributor
Reaction score

I believe this is already being discussed ;)
Well, it clearly says killing horses is illegal. PvP is not PvH. But, that can't be used as an excuse for players to hide behind horses during pvp. So I'd imagine you shouldn't, but if it happens then staff would be understanding when you put in a ticket to get it replaced.

Danni122112

The Drunk
Donor
Contributor
Reaction score
does a block ontop of a chest still make it locked and illegal to steal from?
As asae said, this is illegal.

The reason for that is that to open the chest you would have to break the block, which would be illegal and considered as griefing. If you would have put a block like, for an example leaves, you would still be able to open it, due to it being opaque(transparent). This chest it would be illegal to steal from due to that you would not have to grief to to open it.