Declined DR maps submissions {Suggestion}

Reaction score
As i have been making my DR map i have been torn between making it easier or harder. Some people i bring on creative can do it easily while others can't do it at all. I have an idea I would like to say to help some of these DR maps when they are submitted and make them more balanced.

The idea that is when you officially submit your DR map, a mod goes on rof and does a vote if you would like to play a new DR map or not. If the players say yes then they try it out and see how everyone does. This would help with things like adding more time, decreasing time, making it easier or harder based on what the community says about it. Also this would help if there are any bugs in the map that could be exploited, players are really good at finding those. I got this idea from Wimali when he did a vote on if players wanted to try out his map. We helped him figure out things like bugs, exploits, and time limits.

I think this would be a good thing to add to help balance out DR maps.

-Numbers

Velzerat

Drink up baby, stay up all night
Donor
Reaction score
We kind of do this already. First, we decide to accept or decline a map submission, and we add it to the map pool we'll adjust it as needed. We look at what the players think of the map and what its issues are. The declined map submissions are usually the kind of maps that can't really be salvaged with simple fixes anyway, without completely changing what the map is about. I think the current system is essentially what you're describing, and it works quite well!