Double Elimination Tourney

Hockeyfan1852

Reaction score
Hey guys I was wondering what you're opinion is for me hosting a zombie survival double elimination tourney. A double elimination tourney works like this everyone starts in the winners bracket if you win you move on to the next match if you lose you drop to the loser bracket. In the loser bracket if you win you move on if you lose again you are out of the tourney hence the name double elimination.
RULES
Both competitors both agree on a match time so no one misses a match. (verified by me)​
It is best 2 out of 3. The winner is decided by who ever survives the longest.​
If both competitors survive the round its a tie. If the following happens then there will be sudden death. Example: Win,Loss,Tie =sudden death, which means an extra game is added to determine the winner.​
If you break a rule in the game for example if you are unreachable it is a automatic forfeit.​
Amount of Players
32 or 64​
Prizes
An in-game title.​
Other Information
I might need co-hosts for people who have different timezones. Example: If the match is at 2 A.M for me ill need a co-host.​
Good Luck! ;)
Round 4 coming soon
Current Records​
Ansoro (8,0)​
Solis (6,2)
Danny (4,2)
Harmak (4,2)
Storm886 (4,2)
77_is_the_best (3,2)
Notty (3,2)
Maxx (3,2)
Illu (3,2)
Choras (3,2)
Musta (3,2)
Bieber (2,2)
Vatumok (2,2)
Fire (2,2)
Thong (2,2)
Chill (2,2)
Sour (2,2)
Kraby (2,2)
Jaffie (2,2)
Crash (1,2)
James (1,2)
Zer0 (2,2)
Mev (1,2)
Onfire (1,2)
Hockeyfan1852 (1,2)
JohnOgozalek (1,2)
Rose (1,2)
Dess (1,2)
Hockeymatt (1,2)
M_B_H (0,2)
Worst (0.2)
Fruit (0,2)
Gasy (0,2)
Ooglie (0,2)
Soap 0,2)
Theo (0,2)
Hype (0,2)
Lily97 (0,2)
Maxyz (0,2)
Txboy (0,2)
Balloon (0,2)
Sincerely,​
Hockeyfan1852

Mevgin

Reaction score
I like the idea,Hockey :) @Gasy : This would be a nice chance for the players, who was too late for the team competion(like me).

Chillingworth

Ex-Zombie VetOp | Ex-AoD Op
Reaction score
I like this idea, considering that it has a more reasonable elimination style than the current tournament. Plus, the current tournament doesn't have an end in sight. If this could come to fruition, it would be like the TNT one. I like that better. ;)

HypeBurst

Just Fabulous
Reaction score
I feel like this is a great idea personally but you need to arrange the competitors by time zone or it will become a mess (which will take awhile) and also you might need to plan that if in the finals An American has to verse a Australian/New Zealander (there's a lot of us here :3) a time that fits both people.

kraby1

The Big Red Monster From Hell.
Reaction score
Skin competition has titles as prizes, and many people already have titles, so maybe we should think of a different prize, like a custom welcome message or farewell message, or perhaps the person gets to spend 1 round as an op, (though that might cause problems). Theres not many things we can really offer that are to do with ingame stuff.

But I love the idea, and I would be happy if we actually did this.
Also, I would like to be a co-host, but because I come on the times my parents allow me to, I cant.

Hockeyfan1852

Reaction score
I feel like this is a great idea personally but you need to arrange the competitors by time zone or it will become a mess (which will take awhile) and also you might need to plan that if in the finals An American has to verse a Australian/New Zealander (there's a lot of us here :3) a time that fits both people.
If we do this I could take the timezones and pair the closest together, but if there are say 10 competitors in the same timezone I will just use a random match maker.

Also, I would like to be a co-host, but because I come on the times my parents allow me to, I cant.
We need quite a few co-hosts.

Gasy_Europeon

SURVIIIIVVVVVVOOOOOOORRRRRR
Reaction score
perhaps the person gets to spend 1 round as an op, (though that might cause problems).
It would cause problems, the winner can be someone with no experience, at all. I always dislike this suggestion as a prize.
I like the custom join/farewell message, though.
The title is a nice prize too.

And yes, what kraby said. There's not much to have in in-game.

Dess

The UmbreOp
Reaction score
DumbShooter I would like him to have a say in this due to his tournament still going on.

From my point of view this seems like a great idea and would most certainly help people to get excited within the server. Its a great idea and very feasible my thought as for the reward though; it shouldnt be a entrance/exit message due to their reservation for staff or ex-staff and newer players might get confused with that. Giving titles out as a reward works fine and it could be possible to tie in where they get to chose the next map a total once per day for a week. A last idea I had for this is that they could chose the zombie skin. If people remeber we had bikini cow skins as the zombie skin for awhile, that was due to the winner of a competition chosing that skin.

DumbShooter

DUMB <3
Reaction score
OK. I have been extremely busy doing exams etc. I do like the sound of the new tourney.
I tell you what, some more matches need to be played so all the teams have played the correct amount of games.
Then the top couple of teams, say top 4 will play against each other (knock out semi final ) then the winners in the final .
That ends it quicker for hockey tourney.
Hockeyfan1852
Dessern5
Chillingworth
Emues7

The last couple of matches will be held next week.
Thanks again everyone !

• Love
Reactions: Hockeyfan1852

Hockeyfan1852

Reaction score
OK. I have been extremely busy doing exams etc. I do like the sound of the new tourney.
I tell you what, some more matches need to be played so all the teams have played the correct amount of games.
Then the top couple of teams, say top 4 will play against each other (knock out semi final ) then the winners in the final .
That ends it quicker for hockey tourney.
Hockeyfan1852
Dessern5
Chillingworth
Emues7

The last couple of matches will be held next week.
Thanks again everyone !
Sounds good hopefully can get my team back from SMP. If were in the top 4.
EDIT:
DumbShooter
Dessern5
Chillingworth
Emues7
Not to be pushy but should we start sign-ups now so I can start working on the timezones and organization of the tourney? (Im a bit overexcited :p)

Hockeyfan1852

Reaction score
I could also be a co-host. I would be very committed to this :D
Also with my weird Australian Timezone I could make matches that most would not.
Also i guess I'll ping Vatumok could you move this to announcements?
Yes ill let you co-host I needed someone from that timezone.
Won't be here for the 18th to 25th of August though.
Ill write that down. I wouldn't be here August 9-16. (Birthday is coming maybe the laptop I have been asking for. Then Ill be at reduced activity but still able to run it during that week.)

Also, I will not be available until August 6th/7th, so consider that.
Ill write it down.