Suggestion Donator Perks

Should we have Donator perks?

• Total voters
Reaction score
Someone may kill people for legit reasons and from everyone else's point of view it is RDM but if someone was online who had access to logs they could say otherwise. And since there is no admin and the donator is in control, they make a votekick/ban and get them banned when actually what they did was legit. And I know people can abuse slap and kill people which also causes damage but I think kicking/banning someone is more dangerous.
Basically what I was trying to say with -
Donators aren't Admins so they shouldn't even get a sniff of that responsibility.
Its a nice little bonus, cmon you gotta give something to them. just a suggestion.
Understandable, but this would mean that the voting system would become somewhat corrupt and unfair, since they may get the deciding vote on whatever map THEY want to play, not what the majority wants.

chosen to stick with us because we get along well with them.
I'm seriously toxic to this server and I still get !slap ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

But yeah, what Inffy is saying is basically a more sophisticated and admin version of the points I was trying to make

• Haha
Reactions: Infected_alien8_

prime105

prime
Reaction score
so uhm yeah soooo... do the superresidents have the whip command if not how about the donators having the whip command?
and I wouldn't mind donators spawning with weps it seems okay and not too OP
also I think donators should have cosmetics and hats and models

just my opinion please dont kill meh

• Agree
Reactions: VISION
Reaction score
so uhm yeah soooo... do the superresidents have the whip command if not how about the donators having the whip command?
Again, not that my say really means much, but buying commands is a dangerous thing to do. Unless there is a minimum amount to pay, some troll (and we all know Gmod is full of them) wont mind spending a few ££'s just to abuse the server for a bit. The idea behind it is nice, giving them something substantial as reward, however donators (if they get commands) have no minimum play time so cannot be easily read or trusted like us people with 200+ hours, or the admins. If that makes sense.

Cosmetic stuff would be fine, people like cosmetics so chances are this would bring in more donations anyway, and since they hardly affect gameplay there is no real issue.

Anything that gives donators an advantage over other players should automatically be void in my opinion. Since they are donating to make sure the server thrives and grows, not for their own benefit hence the word "donation" instead of "purchase".

Mars

Reaction score
If you give points for donating and make a special rank for donators I'll donate 40$

Straavv

Reaction score
After reading it all, I've decided to share my thoughts as well C:
The purpose of donation is different for everyone, someone pays for[BCOLOR=#ffffff] a) [/BCOLOR]to get new stuff b) to help the community (altruists) c) if they get commands, they pay for using them (again different for everyone how they will use them and for which aims).
Somehow the server needs to combine all this stuff in one without any nuisances to all players so I'm suggesting (from my experience) my thoughts. (also don't forget about motivation to pay/play)
1) As you mentioned before - Certain models/hats/ in the pointshop for donator only. (which will make them unique among others so it will affect other players to get them as well hohoho)
2) Custom title (if they don't want to spend 200 hours) [but with prefix $ or idk "D" xD, soo everyone could see that its a donator and not player with 200 hours with custom title]
3) Certain commands, BUT without any effect on others, for example - !explode, !maul, !color, !blind etc. They can use them ONLY on themselves without bothering other players.
4) Bonus points for donation 10k, 20k, 30k >>>>

That's my thoughts o/

Urban

Reaction score
BUT without any effect on others, for example - !explode, !maul, !color, !blind etc. They can use them ONLY on themselves without bothering other players.
cuz yeah thats never gonna happen right?

Might aswel just give voteban (30min max)

I think we can say that at least theres a couple of base things that is suggested (that would actually be OK to have)

1. Custom rank
2. Points
3. Hats/player models for players only.

I suggest you get 1000-2000 points per 1 euro you spend.

Maybe dont include a command at all, since literally NO ONE can agree on anything?

Friendy

SMP Overlord & Events Manager
Admin
Donor
Survival Staff
Reaction score
Donator perks should only contain aesthetic rewards and absolutely no items, currency or commands that can affect game play.

It really isn't hard to understand that we've always been against adding in P2W items etc because it gives an unfair advantage, so giving players custom titles, names, player models, hats, capes, forum title changes (like how staff have custom text under their name), donator forum categories, anything like that doesn't make anything unfair gameplay wise and adds a nice incentive to donate.

EDIT: Forgot to add, I am 110% for donator perks.

Dess

The UmbreOp
Reaction score

jaku

Reaction score
Text hat is a great hat which many ppl want and use, we could convert that. I think that the most popular ones should be converted

Imo most if not all player models should be donor, because that way we would have less ppl using models and that would make domating very desirable. But this is a more extreme view

Nottykitten

Nomnomnom kitteh!
Reaction score
Text hat is a great hat which many ppl want and use, we could convert that. I think that the most popular ones should be converted

Imo most if not all player models should be donor, because that way we would have less ppl using models and that would make domating very desirable. But this is a more extreme view
But then what do players get for playing? Playing on a server where you can get 3 bad models unless you donate isn't that desirable either. Or in this case 15 bad models if Jibril is removed.

• Agree
Reactions: Infected_alien8_

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
Trying to get this discussion going again - what do people think about having crowbar skins for donor +? Is that a good idea or is that just cruel?

If you have any other suggestions like a really nice model or hat please suggest it here!

Reactions: Hex