Accepted Discord rewards (?)

ChocoFox

Mafia Host
Reaction score
Been a while since I've posted on forums, but who cares?

Introduction

So apparently there's been some hype over voting as far as I know; aaand apparently some peeps still think that voting could make the Minecraft-based servers more popular (P.S. I'm not part of this fray, but that's beside the point, you can judge for yourself whether or not voting is effective to begin with).

So uh, why not make it so that voters get vote-equivalent credits (VECs) on Discord, which could be used to unlock some tasty goodies.

Goodies? Whaddaya mean?
"Don't gamble, kids."

Bot-fun:
Okay, so there's already a gambling feature right? Make the bots accept VECs too or implement a special gambling system exclusively for VECs.

Werewolf:
  1. Custom game-mode unlocked for two plays if people pay up two VECs into a pool (so two people can pay one VEC each too, flexibility is key psst)
  2. Restricted player-customisable game-mode
    1. An individual can pay two VECs to make a custom game from a limited class set
    2. How to prevent abuse of this? No idea.
General:
  • VECs can be traded for Topians or some other ER in-game currency
    • But, hey! What's the point of this if we already reward these currencies in-game?
      • I'll discuss this in the next section, be patient
  • VECs can be traded for custom CompMeme commands on Create or some other server, or something exclusive anyway
  • Top voter gets a custom role on Discord, this is updated every day, and if there's a tie of more than 3 people then the role goes into VEC auction
  • Yada yada yada, you can improvise on what to do with VECs in general

Cool <insert unimpressed face>. How do I implement this?

Discord bot.

Centralised voting currency & system:
Instead of rewarding Topians directly for voting, have Topians be exchangeable for VECs, but not the other way round. VECs are awarded through Discord, so people who want to enjoy said benefits have to link their Discord account with their Minecraft one.

To convert VECs into Topians or whatever currency ER has, peeps who have linked their Discord account with their Minecraft one can PM a bot and have currency being transferred over.

How do I know which person voted, etc. etc. and prevent voter fraud?
I'm pretty sure you can jury-rig the Votifier systems on the vote sites to ping your custom Discord-bot listener when someone votes. Even if you cannot, I'm aware that some of the sites (like PMC) have APIs which you can hook your system onto.

As for voter fraud: make up a plan along the way (use auth or something), seriously. No point planning everything out from the start.

That's it?
Yep. Just a random idea that has been swirling in my head for a while together with all my other random ideas. Seriously, if you're planning on making this thing reality, I think you'd need to tweak huge chunks of my idea but whatever.

G

Guest35486

Hi Choco, thanks for the suggestion!

Voting rewards is definitely something we want to do, but we don't want to complicate the process. It has its benefits yes, but it requires efforts that could be spent elsewhere. Other than that, most people use Tatsumaki's currency instead of Nadeko's. We host the latter on our dedi, so it's easier to customize. However, we can't do anything for Tatsumaki's credits. (t!fish, t!daily, etc.) We may return to this in the future, but it's not our current priority.

Reactions: ChocoFox