Dessern5 - Trusted - 29/09/14

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dess

The UmbreOp
Reaction score
Your In-Game Name: Dessern5

Do you have any alternate accounts that can also play Premium? If so, what are their names: None

What is your Timezone? GMT - 5 (EST)

Who has agreed to reference you? (You need AT LEAST 1 staff reference): Airkid, Shadeslayer9812, katman46,and theCstar

What is your current real life age? (Don't be Shy) 19

How many hours have you played on AoD in total? (Use /timeonline to check) 7 Days, 12 hours, and 28 minutes

How active are you on the server, and how often do you come on? Honestly my activity is questionable at times. I try and come on at least once a day and normally succeed in that, but it depends on how tied up I am with RoF and how many people are on aod.

Do you have any past experience staffing in Blocktopia? I do, I was a previous Op on classic zombie and am a current Controller on RoF

What would you say your biggest weakness is, and how would you work to improve it? My biggest weakness is by far my lack of desire to confront people when it comes to hard decisions. I've been aware of this as of recent and I am doing all I can to handle it however changing my own personality is harder for me to do. I've pushed myself to change that and sometimes I'm an ass instead of the person I should be. So I in all reality this weakness, it may never change, but I can improve and act on it at times.

What achievements within Blocktopia are you most proud of? Honestly, it would have to be getting controller. I've always been an amibitous person and seeing that I could get to a rank where I could help so much more meant a lot to me.

Why do you deserve the rank? This is a tricky question for me. I can't say that I deserve it anymore than the next applicant regardless of my rank. I am however a very hardworking and a persistent person and player and tend to go and give everything I see my all. I'm aware of what the standards are of staff and I come from a curious position in which I do enforce them too so that my own behavior here would be something of a higher standard than it normally would be for others.

Add any other extra information here which you think will benefit your application: Honestly I can't think of anything I find seriously beneficial to put here. All I can think of to say has been said, and I feel like all I can really do is try my best and if I fail to continue pushing through and see where I can improve.

ShadeSlayer98

Reaction score
Yes yes and just yes. Thank you applying Dess! I have full confidence with your ability to staff, but the only thing I'm concerned about is your staff position on RoF . As once said "No servent can serve two masters; for either he will hate the one and love the other, or he will be devoted to one and despise the other." Can you tell me you can handle both staffing on rof and AoD? I have no problem giving you Trusted.
+1

Last edited:
Y

YouWould

I referenced you mainly because you're a Controller on RoF: You already know most of this. Furthermore, if you somehow don't know something, I believe you would learn swiftly. This application isn't the longest, though I don't think your thoroughness is a concern. Basically - You're mature, helpful, and I believe your activity may increase as a Trusted. I do have a minor concern with you staffing two servers, but I think a part of your trial would be seeing if you can handle it.
[BCOLOR=#ffffff]So, a massive [/BCOLOR]+1

Dess

The UmbreOp
Reaction score
I can't say I have an 'exact' answer to that honestly. I don't know how I will deal with it but looking at how I have had more than enough time to get active on aod and still staff rof, even when there was drama there. There is no way I can officially answer that in a pleasing form before I have a try at it, so the only thing I can say is that we would have to see where it goes.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 person

ShadeSlayer98

Reaction score
I can't say I have an 'exact' answer to that honestly. I don't know how I will deal with it but looking at how I have had more than enough time to get active on aod and still staff rof, even when there was drama there. There is no way I can officially answer that in a pleasing form before I have a try at it, so the only thing I can say is that we would have to see where it goes.
Good answer. Let's hope it's an positive outcome!

Solis22

AoD and A&T Op
Reaction score
Thanks for applying, Dessern.

I've known you since Zombie Classic. You're indeed a very mature guy and I've noticed how good you are at handling situations/problems. There's no doubt about you having the qualities and the knowledge to staff.

My only concern as for right now, is if you're going to be able to handle both RoF and AoD. If you are going to have enough time to be active. I think you'll need to have a balance between both of them and organize yourself with that.

But I'll give you a chance and see how you do with it. That's why there's a trial after all.

+1

Love

Princess ♥
Donor
Reaction score
Disappointed you didn't ask me for a reference, I would have absolutely given it to you. If you want to go ahead and slip mine in there, that'd be fine.

Let me start off by saying you've done a great job in your position on RoF. You've proven yourself to be a dedicated individual, even after everything that has happened. I admire that, since it shows you are determined to show you deserve your role.

I've been watching, and talking with you, on AoD and on TeamSpeak, and I think you are more than qualified for this role. You've shown a great deal of helpfulness, especially to the Staff, with your prior knowledge to commands and such. You're an over-all great person to work with. I want you to have this.

+1

lilzeppy

Goldenface
Reaction score
Thank you for applying, Dessern.

You are mature, you have tons of staff experience, and you know the rules of the game enough to provide guidance for the players who do not. If there's one thing I am concerned about, it would be how you would balance staffing on two different servers - though I'm confident that you will be able to make this work.

I'm more than willing to give you a shot.

+1.

asaechao

─═☆The Blue Bird☆═─
Reaction score
Hello there, thanks for applying.

I've watched you for the past weeks and I like what I see. You're pretty mature and helpful in chat, which is always nice to see. You're pretty active from what I can see, and I understand how staffing two servers can be, as I have done that in the past.

+1

Airkid

Reaction score
I'm really glad you applied, Dessern. You're a close friend of mine and I know you have all the qualities needed for Trusted. You've got a vast amount of staff experience which will help you out greatly as a staff member on AoD. Your activity between RoF and AoD won't be a problem and I know that you'll be able to manage your time correctly. I've got no problems with you becoming a Trusted, so it'll be a +1 from me.

Cstar

The Dark Knight
Reaction score
Thanks for applying dessern,

You've got plenty of staff experience and maturity. I've seen you consistently on the server even while staffing rof so that doesn't seem like a big issue. You're a nice guy and have a good chunk of on time. I'd love to see you as a trusted. Definite +1

Last edited:
  • Winner
Reactions: 1 person

crashb23

The Rising Star
Reaction score
Dess, I believe it was you who gave me my first reference all those years ago back on CZS! I'm glad to see you're interested in staffing with me again ;)

You have tons of experience, solid activity, a well written app, and I can't think of a single reason to say no.

+1, good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.