[Denied] Staff Application Form #2 - New Information. Please Read.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShockEpic

Reaction score
Hi, I know that this is probably rare, posting another application form a day after the first one. Please before you respond, just read through the form.

1. Ingame username:[ShockEpic]
Rank requested:[OP]

Would anyone be willing to reference you (players or staff):[Himitsuan, Da_Jinks, EpicFailCow]

In less than 140 Characters, tell us about yourself.[I am 16 and my real name starts with an S as well as my Minecraft name. I first joined the server about 4 days ago. In my opinion that it is not right to be judged on the amount of time you have played for, but to be judged for what your purpose is for being an OP. When I first started playing Minecraft, I joined a simple survival server. When I joined, several players ganged up on me and repeatedly killed, griefed and stole from me. It happened continuously for two hours. One of the times, they stole 4 stacks of diamond blocks. Thankfully, an OP came online and sorted out the problem. He banned the gang, spawned back my lost items, and created new strict rules about griefing on the server. Ever since then I have known what it feels like to be a new player and feel helpless. That is why I would like to be OP. I want to help other players that may have been or are in the same situation I was in. This is the one and only reason I want OP, to help people. I also have recently built a house for new players joining the server. It is right next to spawn and has a chest filled with materials needed to start off building. I intend for this house soon to be known by the whole server, so they can understand that I am trying to help new players and so that maybe they can help refill the chest with materials. I will say it once more, my reason to play Minecraft is to have fun, and help fellow players. Yes, I may not have been on this server long, but I just want to be able to help the server and its players in any way I can. Please think about my intentions for being an OP, and that it can only help not hurt. As I said before, I do not think it is right to be judged by the amount of time played, but by what you want to do for the players and the server, and what you plan to be done. Thank you for taking your time to read this. Please consider this option. I appreciate your kindness and understanding. Hoping, and helping, ShockEpic. ]

What achievements are you most proud of?[In my life I am most proud of the science fair I one way back in middle school. I spent all of my free time working and experimenting. When I won, it was the best feeling I have ever known. My achievement I am most proud of in Minecraft, is building a 100 block high castle that retracted into the ground so that it was no longer visible. The retraction was activated by just one switch. I later donated the design to a server to use for their “spawn point and new player tutorial.” I was happy, and I remember that design to this day. ]

What do you think your position entails?[I think my position entails not only assisting with the problems of griefing and stealing. But I also think that my position entails that I help other players in any way I can. Whether it is giving them directions, or telling them about commands, my job entails that I help other players. All the rules that my job entails I think are: No griefing, no stealing, no abusing your commands. I would follow these guidelines and rules to the maximum importance.]

Given the likelihood that, there are 'other' candidates for this position - why should we pick you?[My intentions for being OP are very simple. I just want to HELP people. I also want to prevent rule breaking from happening. I also feel that you should pick me because not only have I made a house for new players, but I plan to do something more elaborate. I am going to make one clan dedicated to helping players. That will be its main purpose. I will make the main building the castle that retracts and I will allow it to be open to all players and all clans. After I have done this, if I get permission from another OP, Controller, or Admin, I will build, yes build, a 4,000 by 3000 tree farm that players can gather wood from. These are just a few of my plans. This is the reason why I feel you should pick me.]

You get given six months to live, list the things you'd like to do.[Before I die, I would like to raise over $200,000 to give to the homeless. I would buy all of them homes and food and find some way to get them all jobs. I would also make sure to spend 4 out of those 6 months spending time with my family. I would want to sit down with them and explain that I will be ok, and that I will be going to a better place and I will watch over them. Then the last day before my death, I will say my goodbyes and catch 10 last minutes on Minecraft. The last words I would want to say would be to my family. “Anything I have done to hurt any of you, I am sorry. Any wrongs, I have tried to make rights. I want you to understand that you hold a place in my heart and you always will. I will always be with you, watching over you.” That is what I would say to my family before I died.]

Finally - how much time do you think you spent on this application and, do you think it is appropriate?[I tell the hardcore truth when I say this. I spent about two hours thinking over, and writing this application. I think that it is very appropriate and that it shows my true meaning of why I would like to receive OP. I hope you take all of what I have said into consideration.]

Hoping and helping,
ShockEpic

Reactions: chris360kss

LagWarrior

SMP Veteran Operator
Reaction score

You do have a fine application, but I don't think we can accept someone who hasn't spent much time on SMP. You need to spend more time on the server and reach out. Sorry.

Shinyshark

Professional innuendo creator/finder.
Reaction score
You were told before; get staff reffrences. The three reffrences you have are not staff reffrences. This just shows that you didn't read what others have said.

Besides, not having spent much time does indeed mean you can't be judged on your online time. It doesn't mean that you should be judged on how you are as an Operator if you haven't spent that much time with the server yet.

Defiant_Blob

( ̄^ ̄)ゞ
Donor
Reaction score
P.S. This post was meant for Defiant_Blob, but any other people can reply.
As Shiny has stated, these are not staff references. Also, 2 or 3 days still isn't enough time in my opinion. However, your reworked application is great! Wait until you can get some staff references (the people that have Operator, VetOp, Controller, and Admin rank).

Marnixxie

Hippo
Reaction score
If it was just a message meant for Defiant_Blob, please just PM him and don't make any other applications.

Same message goes pretty much for this one as well, and please don't make any new application for next month.

Status
Not open for further replies.