[Denied] Another afterlife suggestion (Not the same one, I assure you.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amorix

Reaction score
So, as we all know, afterlife is useless.
You can't build, there's nothing interesting... It's pretty much there without purpose.
So here's my suggestion; since afterlife is pretty much a waste of space, why not just either;
A. Remove it entirely.
B. Rework it as a normal lava map.

Discussion starts now.

G

Guest35486

It would be hard for the Operators+ to make sure everything's alright with two maps. It would be hard to prevent griefs if only a Trusted was on, Trusteds can't TP or go to the afterlife when they're alive. Before, I liked the old afterlife where you can build and such, but Operators will be really busy.

ColorWar

Reaction score
The afterlife was removed due to profanity and people building immature objects. However I do agree with the fact that the afterlife, at its current state is almost entirely useless. Yes it does its job of holding the players that have died, but without being allowed to build anything and just walking around makes it boring. Personally, there would be no way I would stay in the afterlife if I had to wait for 20 minutes, yet of course often players start asking for lives, but most of the time start excessively begging for them, or eventually leaving the server. I'd rather it removed than let players sit there for 20 minutes.
eh I kinda disagree with the making it a normal lava map idea though, because it is an afterlife, somewhere where lava which kills people should be without.

RaizzanX

Trash
Controller
Donor
Discord Staff
Reaction score
Another idea is to completely remove afterlife and let players stay in the map after they have died. Other than that, they are in a ghost form and can't build/destroy any blocks. Another idea is when players lose all their lives, they go to a place...I don't really know how to continue from here.

Ronaldo

Geezuslike
Donor
Reaction score
Perhaps the players can be taken to a place where there is a jump course/maze etc to spend the rest of the round.
I'm only concerned that with this idea, players will not play on the server for the main objective. They'll all just want to lose their lives so they can divert on a side game which has nothing to do with surviving from lava. Not to also mention that we do have death run for courses/mazes, with the twist of trying to survive.

Sploorky

Reaction score
Why I don't want the afterlife to be removed-
If you die in lava, then you have the choice to go to the afterlife or stay in the map as a ghost. And while the afterlife may be empty, I don't think players want to swim around in lava not knowing where they are, what's around them, etc. The afterlife is a lava free place to go to, that's much more interesting then the lobby.

Arcius

Reaction score
Think of the afterlife as punishment for dying during a map. You can't do the things you normally do, such as build. It's also the opposite of what a normal map is... interesting. It's a dull, kinda creepy place to have to spend your time in until you're revived. I think it's suiting.

Amorix

Reaction score
Think of the afterlife as punishment for dying during a map. You can't do the things you normally do, such as build. It's also the opposite of what a normal map is... interesting. It's a dull, kinda creepy place to have to spend your time in until you're revived. I think it's suiting.
But it's a game. And games are supposed to be fun to at least explore.

Amorix

Reaction score
And besides that, the purpose is kinda defeated since you can (and will) teleport OUT of the afterlife and gloat around in the world with your dead-guy invulnerability.

Sploorky

Reaction score
And besides that, the purpose is kinda defeated since you can (and will) teleport OUT of the afterlife and gloat around in the world with your dead-guy invulnerability.
I've seen half to 3/4 of the players go to the afterlife. Like I said, not many people like to swim around in lava, especially if the map has a roof, not allowing them to swim above the lava.

Status
Not open for further replies.