[Declined] Vatumok's moderator application.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vatumok

Former CA
Reaction score
In-game Username: Jackpot (will be reverted back to Vatumok in 2 weeks)
Staff References (not required): N/A
Prior Blocktopia/EscRestart Staffing Experience: Former Zombie HC/director, CTnT operator and CMP operator.

How would you describe the responsibilities and obligations of a moderator:
The main responsibility for any staff member is to ensure a good time for all players. This is done by ensuring fair gameplay and breaking up possible personal conflicts. However, things do go wrong, and in cases of for example griefing moderators should investigate the case and act accordingly so that the good players are not harmed and the toxic players get hopefully reformed by a fitting punishment.

Assume there are more applicants, for what reason would we choose you over them:
Experience. I had been staff on Blocktopia for 2 and a half year and have been in every role up to director. Because of this I've encountered basically every situation a staff member could get in and almost always immediately know what to do.
I'm not afraid to say something when necessary, I am able to speak up to higher staff if I feel there is a need to.
I care about the community as it has been a big part of me growing up. Therefore I'll do my best to improve the servers, in more ways than just moderating like coming up with good suggestions and participating in important discussions.

How would you deal with a situation you have no experience with:
If there is another moderator online I will first talk to him, as I think moderators helping/teaching eachother is important in my opinion. If they don't know or there is no other moderator online at the moment, I will try to contact a higher staff member depending on the urgency of the situation.

How would you deal with another staff member abusing their powers:
It depends on how severe it is. I haven't really seen staff totally ABUSE their powers. If that would be the case I would contact a higher up as soon as possible to make sure as little as possible damage can be done. I've seen staff members make bad choices or act in a bad manner, in that case I find it rather unnecessary to tell on them to a higher up. I'll first personally talk to them (explain what and why they are doing wrong) and only if they keep their bad ways up then I'll contact the server's directors.

What do you consider your greatest weakness:
I have almost no experience with staffing premium minecraft servers. This is quite a big hinderance as I do not know a lot of staff commands and tools that the newer minecraft versions have brought. This will definitely take some time to get used to but I am generally a quick learner.

Anything else you would like tell us about yourself:
Lately I've been getting more into minecraft again and would love to help out on one of the servers again. I am currently in university so there may be periods that I will be busy with projects/exams in which I have to be a little less active.

With kind regards,
Arjen "Vatumok" K.

JtTorso

Reaction score
We have reached the decision to deny this application for a couple reasons. You have been seemingly absent from the community for a time and things change, we would like to see and interact with you more to get an understanding of who you are and how you work. You also lack experience with premium, while you would need to start somewhere there are other candidates that we've chosen over you that do have experience with premium. You do have a great deal of experience and they were considered, but we felt that these concerns of ours overshadowed that to an extent. If you so choose, you can reapply again in the future.

• Confusing
Reactions: Notme and Jivvi
Status
Not open for further replies.