[Declined] Map Submission: FFA-Launch

pjaj

Reaction score
Map Name: FFA-Launch
Maker: pjaj
MapType: FFA
Descripion: What appears to be a nice peaceful park from above, is actually an underground rocket launch area. I was thinking of having the whole map apart from the glass opblocked, with a layer of adminium behind it. For the spawn, I was thinking of having it so players jump down and land on the floor/rocket and get sent to a random spawn.
Screenshots:

Spawn:

Please feel free to suggest stuff/criticize :)

.dat file (I'm assuming that's what it gives you from 'dump level' in WoM): http://www.filedropper.com/level20121214180031
Try this one instead, alka. :) http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?cb7otg7kedei1e0
(sorry if I forgot anything, just let me know :) )
Thanks to SparklyMuffinz for helping to guide me through it

pjaj

Reaction score
this map wasn't originally going to be for anything, just me mucking around xD then i decided it would make a good FFA map :)

pjaj

Reaction score
>: D its a secret! MWAHAHA!
na, just kidding, theres a manhole in the carpark. but i might make it more obvious. :)

pjaj

Reaction score
well, the mountain can go a bit taller, but not shorter, as thats where the rocket bay is hidden. thats also why its mostly flat across the top. I might tweak it if it gets accepted.

balloon98

The balloon that never pops
Reaction score
well, the mountain can go a bit taller, but not shorter, as thats where the rocket bay is hidden. thats also why its mostly flat across the top. I might tweak it if it gets accepted.
I say start thinking about tweaking now since it seems pretty good atm. Also why do you not want the glass with OP blocks?

Just wondering :p

asaechao

─═☆The Blue Bird☆═─
Reaction score
Map Name: FFA-Launch
Maker: pjaj
MapType: FFA
Descripion: What appears to be a nice peaceful park from above, is actually an underground rocket launch area. I was thinking of having the whole map apart from the glass opblocked, with a layer of adminium behind it. For the spawn, I was thinking of having it so players jump down and land on the floor/rocket and get sent to a random spawn.
Screenshots:

Spawn:

Please feel free to suggest stuff/criticize :)

.dat file (I'm assuming that's what it gives you from 'dump level' in WoM): http://www.filedropper.com/level20121214180031
(sorry if I forgot anything, just let me know :) )
Thanks to SparklyMuffinz for helping to guide me through it
Amg amg, this map, I saw it in progress! I like the idea of it, I don't really see any problems to it, hope it'll be tested. :]

pjaj

Reaction score
balloon98 said:
Also why do you not want the glass with OP blocks?

Just wondering
because for one part- the top of the launch pad exhaust vent- there is a 'chainlink' fence around it, so if someone falls down onto the launch pad, i want them to be able to get out without being kicked for block glitching.

Alkatraz

Reaction score
We tried it out, and because of the large number of OPblocks (I had to OP block the whole map, as there was no easy way to section off parts of the map as there was no solid behind walls etc) and the general large spread of the map it didn't work particularly well.

pjaj I suggest you submit it over on Zombie, it seems much more suited to there.